Pages:
Author

Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace - page 38. (Read 85744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

PART Roadmap - v.1.1
https://particl.io/roadmap

Blog write-up: https://particl.news/part-roadmap-v-1-1-e15f1b3c63a

CompletedQ3 – 2017Q4 – 2017Q1 – 2018
• Particl Blockchain Launch
+ Qt Wallet
• Third Party Integration• Cold Staking• Primary Funding Round
• Confidential Transactions• Particl Electron Wallet App• Alpha Marketplace• Beta Marketplace
• Decentralized Voting
Activity: 222
Merit: 1

edit: Latest roadmap is out, see post below this one

Let me ask about the relationship between pimfund.com and PART PART.

I asked in the slack channel and nobody has a clue about pimfund, it is likely some sort or spam/scam blog.

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Let me ask about the relationship between pimfund.com and PART PART.
go on the slack #help channel and type !wallethelp

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
For those who help me
I will give him a $1000 gift
I need help
I did not save the words recovery phrase  Cry
any help

no.
At least you know they went to a charitable cause Cheesy
any help please

How much did you lose?
This entire process is a joke and the guide is terrible.
The videos dont even go through the entire process
why not one single video with the complete process??

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
this is the most annoying ico claims process I have ever seen.

all these hoops to jump through to get your coins is pain in the ass

so you go to the generator page - generate all this

pass phrases, keys, first address

download the qt wallet and input the pass phrase and the receiving addresses don't match up with the one from the generator page?

How to get my hands on my coins here

on this page

https://portal.particl.io/users/postseed

which  address do i put in the one from the generator page or the one from the qt that I put the passphrase into from the generator page?

why is the receiving address of the qt with the passphrase entered not generating the same receiving address as the generator page itself?

i/e in the particl qt i click receive expecting to see the same receiving address as the address (called first address) generated in the generator page...and it is different??

why do we need all of this annoyance anyway

simple
download the qt get a receiving address and request payout to that right?  never had an issue on any other ico so far.

legendary
@Jordan - Sorry there is no way to recover your coins without your recovery phrase.  It is not not possible for anyone to access your coins without your recovery phrase.

@*light* - You need to download the wallet from particl.io & enter your 24 word recovery phrase + optional password. If you've any problems get on the slack #help channel (listed at bottom of page on particl.io)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
For those who help me
I need help
any help

no.
any help please
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
legendary

HasherMe, perhaps you can still claim your PART and dump it, that would be a fair compensation, but to get it you will need to go through the trouble of proving you held SDC at some point in time.

Definitely do that! We're doing disbursements for claimants every Wednesday, for example:

I'll be posting an update on the claim process but for your benefit here are the current stats from the Community Initiative #1.
Thanks for all who donated PART for SDC holders who missed the exchange!

STATUSSDCPART
IN-REVIEW5,463.900.00
IN-PROGRESS18,150.660.00
DENIED1,469.140.00
APPROVED212,835.30106,417.65
TOTAL237,919.00106,417.65

Activity: 34
FYI... this is the team that swapped ShadowCash in 4 weeks and those that found out too late found were SOL.  I was a big fan of the ShadowCash project but don't trust this team and their decision making skills anymore after that disingenuous move.  Why alienate investors and users with a rushed swap?  Also, no market after the swap and working on ShadowCash for years.  So what was the rush to swap the old ShadowCash besides greed or immaturity?

Good reminder that ShadowCash fiasco will never be forgotten. I've watched the collapse. I recovered my losses since then, but I will never forget. This was the most careless coin swap I have seen. Saddest part is that the team has been warned in advance about possible consequences of such a short window.

The most common argument in defense of the swap is

if you would have been active tracking your investment

While generally a valid point, other coin swaps I know of (NXT->ARDR, JBS->UBIQ, BTCD->KMD and maybe SJCX->STORJ) did not require such paranoid tracking. ShadowCash was first to create such precedent.

Does the Particl team plan to do another swap with 4 week notice or did you learn from your mistakes?

and after it happened once, it is reasonable to expect another surprise.

HasherMe, perhaps you can still claim your PART and dump it, that would be a fair compensation, but to get it you will need to go through the trouble of proving you held SDC at some point in time.
Activity: 106
For those who help me
I need help
any help

no.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
For those who help me
I need help
any help

Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Activity: 83
Where to get a desktop wallet ? please

same question, can't find it on their website
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
Someone just told me for your "MAD" or DDE you guys give exploded funds to stakers?! That is a bad idea if true. Because a person who gets lets say 20% + of the blocks or not enough nodes are online they may calculate the advantage of extortion and hope to stake their own destroyed funds. Not to mention they can collude with other stakers. I've been asked to do this before in Halo and had to decline as there is no charitable cause where the incentive could not end up working against us.

Thats why lost funds are burned. You guys should consider the risk there. If you are burning then don't mind this comment. Otherwise, have a nice day fellas.

Your insight is valid and something we have considered internally - as things stands no decision has been made on distributing fees back to the stakers or how and if it would happen - there are numerous challenges aside from the attack vector you described.
Activity: 58
FYI... this is the team that swapped ShadowCash in 4 weeks and those that found out too late found were SOL.  I was a big fan of the ShadowCash project but don't trust this team and their decision making skills anymore after that disingenuous move.  Why alienate investors and users with a rushed swap?  Also, no market after the swap and working on ShadowCash for years.  So what was the rush to swap the old ShadowCash besides greed or immaturity?

This is pathetic attempt to discredit a hard working team, if you would have been active tracking your investment, you would have noticed something was going on with SDC from the price fluctuation alone.
Even if you would have missed the swap, there is still time to claim your tokens thanks to a COMMUNITY initiative who felt bad for s#ckers like yourself to reimburse them in some way! But your motives are clearly to discredit a project without doing proper research!

Not sure if you are in the right place boy, this is crypto. One day you are a millionair, the day after you could be a salty s#cker like yourself.
My advice get your crypto bags and leave the space lol

J.J

J.J, I got sick for a week, had jury duty and then came back to my CTO job during the 4 week swap period so I missed it. I also have a wife and children so I am a busy person.  ShadowCash was a long term investment and the swap blinded me.  My point is 4 weeks isn't much time and the price crashed because of the 4 week swap time.  After the swap, who would want ShadowCash when all the talented developers are working on Particl.  I've been in crypto for a long time and have contributed to the Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrency code base.  I don't need or want any handouts.  I should have been able to swap my coins for at least 3 months.  

Does the Particl team plan to do another swap with 4 week notice or did you learn from your mistakes?
Pages:
Jump to: