Pages:
Author

Topic: Paycoin (XPY) is scam - page 6. (Read 79518 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
March 25, 2015, 07:52:10 AM

"We are not associated with these companies beyond personal & private holdings of Hashstakers, Zen Hashlets and XPY Paycoin, and are not paid by these companies."

I stopped reading there. They have a vested interest in not losing the money they've plugged into the various projects, so it is impossible to take what they say as untainted and unbiased.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 25, 2015, 04:24:35 AM
I have problem wit block 8045,wallet is stuck.I have reinstall wallet,fresh install,delete wallet,delete all folder,delete blk0001.dat....Any help?

Try this. At your own risk. If you get infected or have all your coins stolen - not my fault.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/34858
Thank you
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
March 24, 2015, 01:50:17 PM
I have problem wit block 8045,wallet is stuck.I have reinstall wallet,fresh install,delete wallet,delete all folder,delete blk0001.dat....Any help?

Try this. At your own risk. If you get infected or have all your coins stolen - not my fault.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/34858
Activity: 238
March 24, 2015, 12:51:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
March 24, 2015, 11:55:43 AM
Last point on PayCoin price: one of the main selling points of PayCoin was the guarantee from JG/GAW/etc that Paycoin would trade at a minimum of $20 shortly after launch, and that JG+whoever would support that by placing a buy wall at $20.  Or did I hallucinate that bit ?
Compared to $20, $0.55 looks kind of crappy, and there seem to be some XPY investors who are unhappy about this.

According to Mr.Garza, you and the entire interwebs hallucinated that.

http://www.coindesk.com/gaw-miners-paycoin-disappearing-20-floor/

Activity: 154
March 24, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
The easiest way to spot a potential scam is when people qualify their loyalty based on the amount of money they have made from it. This is how a Ponzi gains acceptance- I made a lot of money so they must be legit its exactly how a Ponzi works to win minds.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
March 24, 2015, 05:12:21 AM
Maybe its a scam,l dont know.
Oh, it most definitely is.

Look at it this way:
Based on a massive amount of evidence, (ie everything that has ever happened with it)  PayCoin is either a huge scam, or an equally massive fuck-up.
Either way, it doesn't look like a good project to put any of your cash, BTC, or faith into.

So why does 1 XPY still = 0.002 BTC?! That is a mighty high valuation for a shitcoiN!

As iBwT put it, market price is irrelevant at this stage of crypto development.
Because of low trade volumes (when compared to 'real' markets, like oil ), anyone with a small handful of cash can manipulate the market price of most crypto-currencies.
PayCoin traded $94,000 USD in the last 24.....assuming that no-one else buys in, one investor would only have to pump a hundred grand into XPY to maintain (or slightly raise) its current $8 million market cap.

But: because other people do buy in when they see a price rise, any money going into the pump can be pulled back by sales of that $8 million market cap to credulous investors.
Obviously, no-one can afford to run this sort of manipulation for a long time, which is why we see fast rises followed by slow drops in the price: a pumped spike every few days followed by another slow sell off.
It's a margin-based game: if your $100,000 pump in to a coin gives you enough time to sell off $110,000 worth of your coin stocks...you're having a good day.

Last point on PayCoin price: one of the main selling points of PayCoin was the guarantee from JG/GAW/etc that Paycoin would trade at a minimum of $20 shortly after launch, and that JG+whoever would support that by placing a buy wall at $20.  Or did I hallucinate that bit ?
Compared to $20, $0.55 looks kind of crappy, and there seem to be some XPY investors who are unhappy about this.
POM
Activity: 547
Merit: 254
March 24, 2015, 02:23:59 AM
the bandwagon finally about to get goxxed by scamza? lol
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
March 23, 2015, 09:30:19 PM
So why does 1 XPY still = 0.002 BTC?! That is a mighty high valuation for a shitcoiN!

Non Sequitur. Market price has no relevance as an indication if something is a scam or not. This is especially true for insta-mined coined where most of it is held by the creator and locked up with various schemes(hashstakers) and "technical problems".

Any dev can create a shitcoin that has a higher market cap or valuation than bitcoin if they manipulate and control the volume.

Go ahead and trade away if you are credulous though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gfntBEI3Aw

You should have the right to make foolish investments as we have a right to warn people of potential scams.

Is this a pathetic attempt to troll or are you just trying to pump the price because you are daytrading XPY despite thinking it is a scam?

Activity: 668
Merit: 257
March 23, 2015, 09:22:58 PM

Look at it this way:
Based on a massive amount of evidence, (ie everything that has ever happened with it)  PayCoin is either a huge scam, or an equally massive fuck-up.
Either way, it doesn't look like a good project to put any of your cash, BTC, or faith into.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2015, 07:10:45 PM

Look at it this way:
POM
Activity: 547
Merit: 254
March 23, 2015, 06:09:45 PM
I bought XPY because thinking has a great future, but it ended up a scam, I really regret having bought
what price did you buy in?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
March 23, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
I bought XPY because thinking has a great future, but it ended up a scam, I really regret having bought
March 23, 2015, 05:16:06 PM
Digital Currency Platform PayBase Accused of Absconding with Customers’ Money

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/digital-currency-platform-paybase-accused-of-taking-off-with-customers-money

My bet: Josh eventually "fixes" the problem but another "technical glitch" limits the hashstakers maturing and many balances need to manually be repaired over time.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 23, 2015, 04:45:12 PM
March 23, 2015, 02:31:29 PM
The whole article was poorly researched. Nothing new in there, they just felt like they needed to get something out because of the reddit thread yesterday. The twitter link is talking about deposits not withdrawals, the price is wrong, etc.

I could have written a better and more accurate article than that.

Not impressed with CCN. Too little, too late and all that, and they can't even get it right.

I don't entirely disagree... but it is good they are warning people.
Activity: 210
March 23, 2015, 02:22:01 PM
Haha, claims the current price of paycoin is $0.000805.

Sure, he made a mistake about the price, this doesn't invalidate the other concerns raised.

The whole article was poorly researched. Nothing new in there, they just felt like they needed to get something out because of the reddit thread yesterday. The twitter link is talking about deposits not withdrawals, the price is wrong, etc.

I could have written a better and more accurate article than that.

Not impressed with CCN. Too little, too late and all that, and they can't even get it right.
March 23, 2015, 02:15:36 PM
Haha, claims the current price of paycoin is $0.000805.

Sure, he made a mistake about the price, this doesn't invalidate the other concerns raised.
Pages:
Jump to: