Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 10. (Read 156653 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
My word, what a mess.

Well, I've railed on people enough for trusting these folks in the first place. I'll just say I sincerely hope all works out for the best for all of you still waiting on this. For those of you in the northern hemisphere anyway, it's summer, go float down some rivers on inner-tubes, have some bbq's and drink heavily with friends while you're waiting this out. Good luck. 

+1

Good luck all involved.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
My word, what a mess.

Well, I've railed on people enough for trusting these folks in the first place. I'll just say I sincerely hope all works out for the best for all of you still waiting on this. For those of you in the northern hemisphere anyway, it's summer, go float down some rivers on inner-tubes, have some bbq's and drink heavily with friends while you're waiting this out. Good luck. 

+1....and those invested in Pirate's "business".....don't be surprised if something goes wrong and you end up losing some if not all of your investment.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
My word, what a mess.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I see there being two options, intersango giving up control back to the owners, or the owners sue intersango for control.

first option is easy, second option will take years.

There's not really any way for the Intersango guys to give control back to "the owners".  The structure of the partnership is such that Bitcoinica Consultancy Limited (the Intersango guys) are effectively directors and Wendon are effectively shareholders.  The only quick option is them jointly agreeing to dissolve the partnership and wind the business up in liquidation - "quick" being a relative term here.  Either party can apply to a court to have the partnership wound up in liquidation but that just wastes both time and money. 

Wendon has no reason at all to want "control", because with control would come liability (the whole point of being a limited partner is to limit your liability).
Activity: 461
Merit: 251

This is 100% unacceptable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

~Bruno~

I agree that there needs to be an update soon.  I'm just not sure what they could actually say at this point.  People aren't going to find "we're seeking advice on how best to handle the situation following recent events" very satisfying, even if it is factually correct.

The thing is, I don't think they are even seeking advice at this point.  I think they are just waiting to see what happens next.  It is absolutely aggravating.

~Bruno~

I agree that there needs to be an update soon.  I'm just not sure what they could actually say at this point.  People aren't going to find "we're seeking advice on how best to handle the situation following recent events" very satisfying, even if it is factually correct.
Still no update on bitcoinica.com to make aware to their clients who don't visit this forum about the latest.

2012-06-17 Claims Payments Specifics

Be sure to fillout the payment instructions section of the claim.
Failure to do so will significantly delay claims.

~Bruno~

The people responsible don't care, and soon we'll see more funds 'vanish'.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Still no update on bitcoinica.com to make aware to their clients who don't visit this forum about the latest.

2012-06-17 Claims Payments Specifics

Be sure to fillout the payment instructions section of the claim.
Failure to do so will significantly delay claims.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
This whole situation is horrible, but it's not worth somebody's life.

You and I have differing opinions.  Several hundred thousand dollars is certainly worth more than a person's life. 
Murderous fucktard alert

+1 to rjk's comment

hmmm...gotta wonder what the bounty would be if there was already an implementation of Jim Bell's "Assassination Marketplace"
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
seriously, the much more relevant question would be: are the lawyers allready working on that case?
Activity: 602
Have you ever met thieves that call the cops on themselves?

of course. This is called covering tracks. Everyone seriously into business criminality is doing it just that way. Unless they're really professional, which means that the fact a theft happened as such is obscured.

This again shows how retarded your logic and judgement of facts is.
I mean YOU and all the other conspriracy theory morons in this forum.

You indeed judge happenings in the real world by the standards of a Hollywood movie.

There may be lots of other good or bad reasons for not involving the police.
In any business, and still the more in a small startup company.

Never ever heared of occams razor?

Activity: 532
maybe it would be eaiser to just hack bitcoinica again, then trying to get our money back by asking nicely...

The odds that we could hack it before another bitcoinica team member steals the rest of the funds are pretty slim.

well they won't call the cops so what do you have to lose?

Have you ever met thieves that call the cops on themselves?
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
well they won't call the cops so what do you have to lose?

maybe it would be eaiser to just hack bitcoinica again, then trying to get our money back by asking nicely...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
LOL
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Sigh.

All that delay to make sure that no fake claims got through, and in the meantime we lose another 30%.

Can I just have my remaining 70% back?  We'll call it quits?  I really don't want my money in Bitcoinica's hands any longer, I don't trust you to look after it in the slightest.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
This whole situation is horrible, but it's not worth somebody's life.

You and I have differing opinions.  Several hundred thousand dollars is certainly worth more than a person's life. 
Murderous fucktard alert

+1 to rjk's comment
donator
Activity: 980
I fully expect BTC to break 9 US$ now people are officially going to be forced to take a 30-40% cut.
Whether you're posting in the wrong thread or you're not funny at all.

Ooops sorry. It was actually for the rally thread.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
I fully expect BTC to break 9 US$ now people are officially going to be forced to take a 30-40% cut.
Whether you're posting in the wrong thread or you're not funny at all.
donator
Activity: 980
Pages:
Jump to: