Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 9. (Read 156653 times)

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
May I ask, why are you personally attacking Zhou? The community understands your point. None of your posts at this point are helping: this one just damaged your own reputation if anything (it was, in the end, supporting Zhou).

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that you have a personal or commercial reason to blame Zhou.

I wanted to question the same. I have officially requested a contact method of AurumXchange so that I can hire an attorney to look into the situation, but they posted this without giving me any information. (Roberto asked me whether I wanted an address, I said yes.)

Verification documentation must be sent within 5 calendar days from the time of the order to the email address provided on the order verification email. If the user does not provide the requested documentation within the aforementioned time period, the order will be voided and funds for the order in question returned as explained on paragraph 5.

AurumXchange didn't request any documentation from me and decided to withhold the funds. There's no mention anywhere in the TOS or AML that withholding of the funds will ever happen. Instead, they have said that if the funds are questionable, they will return them to the original sources.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
May I ask, why are you personally attacking Zhou? The community understands your point. None of your posts at this point are helping: this one just damaged your own reputation if anything (it was, in the end, supporting Zhou).

At this point, I'm inclined to believe that you have a personal or commercial reason to blame Zhou.

Needs a scapegoat, since a shit ton of money went missing and they can't figure out who it is.

Listen: I don't give a flying fuck WHO files the police report, just do it NOW.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

vip

Please look at the date.

So you only claim to have hacked this the last round, not the first two or three times? Hmm...

I think he's trying to say the opposite - that he was able to supply large amounts of coins before the Rackspace and MtGox incidents.

Even if someone had the proceeds of all three Bitcoinica-related thefts, they still wouldn't be able to supply "large amounts" "constantly" - the total was around BTC 100k, which means it would be exhausted after only 10 sales of BTC 10k.

I have access to interbank rates that's why I can do arbitration profitably for different currencies.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Please look at the date.

So you only claim to have hacked this the last round, not the first two or three times? Hmm...

I think he's trying to say the opposite - that he was able to supply large amounts of coins before the Rackspace and MtGox incidents.

Even if someone had the proceeds of all three Bitcoinica-related thefts, they still wouldn't be able to supply "large amounts" "constantly" - the total was around BTC 100k, which means it would be exhausted after only 10 sales of BTC 10k.
vip
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
If no payouts are happening then how long till legal action takes place?
Activity: 686
Wat
Activity: 686
Wat
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Thanks, you crazy rabbit, for taking up on my suggestion and running with it. Fine shop-job!

~Bruno~
Activity: 532
LOL. hand it over to bitcoinica? So it can get jacked again?

No, it should be put into receivorship and get these thieves out of the loop.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
So....

Will we see further payouts? And if yes, when?

Right now Zhou Tong is watching what kind of reaction the community will have to his theft.  If it turns out he is charged or beaten up, he may give back some of the money - but he has already spent the majority of it on personal debts, such as mortgages for his family.

He could at least start to gather all available funds in one address (so we can see what is there) and hand it over to Bitconica as soon as they figured out their responsibilities.

Why?  Are those the actions of a dishonorable thief?
Activity: 504
So....

Right now Zhou Tong is watching what kind of reaction the community will have to his theft.  If it turns out he is charged or beaten up, he may give back some of the money - but he has already spent the majority of it on personal debts, such as mortgages for his family.

Not our worries, its time to morgage or sell their property.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
So....

He could at least start to gather all available funds in one address (so we can see what is there) and hand it over to Bitconica as soon as they figured out their responsibilities.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
So....

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
So....

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Activity: 486
Bump because I never got any of bitcoins back, and still no update from bitcoinica...
Pages:
Jump to: