Pages:
Author

Topic: PC Gaming Thread - page 11. (Read 14350 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
June 27, 2014, 11:40:43 AM
Fallout 4 should be the most mod-friendly and otherwise amazing game released to date. Biggest issue with FO3/FNV, outside constant crashing and goofy texturing scheme which'll definitely be resolved due to engine changes from Skyrim, was that they're 32-bit. There's been some game dev push toward 64-bit exclusives (last year's announcement by Stardock that Galactic Civ III will be 64-bit comes to mind), and with mod-heavy games like what Beth pushes, which can easily run into RAM walls (even with 4GB LAA workaround), it'd be a revolutionary step forward, even ignoring the improvements of just bringing the heavily updated Gamebryo (now "Creation") engine from Skyrim to Fallout.

It'll be a huge disappointment if they stick with 32-bit. No gaming PC should still have a 32-bit CPU or OS at this point, and certainly not in 2+ years when it's released. Then again, I guess I'd be happy just if FO4 took advantage of multiple CPU cores. It's kind of cool how Beth's games are years behind current game tech but still look damn good, even if buggy as Hell.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
June 27, 2014, 11:19:53 AM
You should, no, you must buy TES III + IV + V. That will be an experience you certainly won't regret. Even Morrowind is still an amazing game, even though it was released more than 10 years ago.

Morrowind is really a good game. Its far better then Oblivion if you take to consideration the time difference. And like always The Witcher is a game you must paly. Especially that a third game with Geralt will be released in around half year from now.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
June 27, 2014, 10:39:53 AM
You should, no, you must buy TES III + IV + V. That will be an experience you certainly won't regret. Even Morrowind is still an amazing game, even though it was released more than 10 years ago.
You don't need to buy anything.

Happy pirating.  Cool
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 27, 2014, 09:40:16 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 27, 2014, 09:26:07 AM
I would recommend that you wait for AC:Unity and Dragon Age Inquisition.

I'm also waiting for Shadow of Mordor just because i love LOTR.  Grin

But for the mean time Dragon Age Origins is a good game to play plus Mass Effect and Skyrim with Mods.

If you like GTA you could try playing Saints Row III and IV, they are a lot of fun. DUBSTEP GUN. LOL!
Activity: 797
Merit: 500
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
June 27, 2014, 06:29:24 AM
cod 1..............

it was really a long game..

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
June 27, 2014, 04:15:02 AM
Anybody here still playing FlyForFun?

I remember there was a guy who's dad went bankrupt and lost his computer store because he kept buying in game currency in that game. Something about spending it on some girl or something.

I think I might have read it on Something Awful, but I'm not sure.

Oh that sucks, never though people would spend so much money into games..

Well, changing from my local currency to USD, I already spent 94USD in Elsword.
The game has a system much like TF2: you can get for free containers(in Elsword, Ice Sculptures; in TF2, crates) and the item to open it is a thing that costs a bit more than 1 buck to open.(in Elsword, Ice Burner aka IB; in TF2, Keys) The idea behind this is a gamble system to get nice and unique visuals with a very rare drop chance. From those 94$, all the 35$ I spent yesterday I will dump everything on IBs.
But Elsword keeps putting more and more things into the game, its impossible to not dump more money in it to not get behind. Just to keep things up, at least 30USD must be spent, because there are some itens that can't be traded, neither can be get for free. One of these is the expansion of your skills shortcut, or the so called B-Bar. You go from 4 skills to 8 skills, what in a hack'n slash game like this is a must have.

I think the guy from the FlyForFun game spent around $20,000 USD or something.

I think spending money on games is alright in moderation. But some people go too far. Also if you're already rich it doesn't really matter. But this guy ruined his business for nothing.

My friend spend almost $50,000 on WOW and RO.
What is RO? Ragnarok Online?

Yes, RO is ragnarok online, very famous couple game.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
June 27, 2014, 03:55:32 AM
Sleeping Dogs
legendary
Activity: 1445
Merit: 1000
June 13, 2014, 04:48:30 PM

I remember there was a guy who's dad went bankrupt and lost his computer store because he kept buying in game currency in that game. Something about spending it on some girl or something.

The game has a system much like TF2: you can get for free containers(in Elsword, Ice Sculptures; in TF2, crates) and the item to open it is a thing that costs a bit more than 1 buck to open.(in Elsword, Ice Burner aka IB; in TF2, Keys) The idea behind this is a gamble system to get nice and unique visuals with a very rare drop chance. From those 94$, all the 35$ I spent yesterday I will dump everything on IBs.
But Elsword keeps putting more and more things into the game, its impossible to not dump more money in it to not get behind. Just to keep things up, at least 30USD must be spent, because there are some itens that can't be traded, neither can be get for free. One of these is the expansion of your skills shortcut, or the so called B-Bar. You go from 4 skills to 8 skills, what in a hack'n slash game like this is a must have.

I think spending money on games is alright in moderation. But some people go too far. Also if you're already rich it doesn't really matter. But this guy ruined his business for nothing.

What is RO? Ragnarok Online?
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
June 13, 2014, 04:45:09 PM

How does one manage to spend that much on WoW? Buying gold I guess? There's only so much gold can do though isn't there? What's the point of having so much gold?
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
June 13, 2014, 01:42:09 PM

Irrational action from gamer these day.

I'm sure much more people spend that amount on cigarettes and alcohol every few year.
Almost everyone has their expensive hobby or vice, if they can afford it it's not a problem really.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
June 13, 2014, 12:34:04 PM

Irrational action from gamer these day.
Activity: 273
June 13, 2014, 10:38:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
June 13, 2014, 10:28:47 AM

Wow, just wow. I can't even imagine why it would be necessary even more than 1000USD.
If I ever spend 500USD on Elsword this will be probably 10 years playing it if not more.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
June 13, 2014, 10:09:09 AM

legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
June 13, 2014, 09:02:23 AM

Activity: 294
June 13, 2014, 08:40:20 AM

legendary
amarha
June 13, 2014, 08:25:23 AM

Activity: 243
June 13, 2014, 07:48:46 AM
legendary
amarha
June 13, 2014, 06:48:40 AM
Oblivion is great, much better than Skyrim imo. Few games I've enjoyed as much as it.

+1, I bought Skyrim when it came out and played 80 hours. Haven't picked it up since then. Meanwhile, I played through oblivion for 150 hours, then my hard drive died so I lost everything...and I came back and started a new character. I just love the atmosphere and the quests in oblivion, I think those two things are so superior to Skyrim. Currently trying to get all the mods up to make Oblivion look good before I play again.
After playing Skyrim the graphics are a let down. But the gameplay and story - best one around. Smiley

That's why I want to do in a step by step fashion: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. That way the graphics will only get better and won't take away from the experience at all.

I'm currently playing the Witcher 1 now and at some point I'll do The Witcher 2 and 3 in that order as well. I think it's the best way.
I have the Witcher, never came around to play it, is it any good?

I'm finding it ok but I'm not loving it to be honest. Right about in the middle of it right now. It's pretty good but I had really high expectations I guess.
Pages:
Jump to: