Pages:
Author

Topic: Pebblecoin (XPB) - FIRST DPOS CRYPTONOTE COIN LIVE - Qt Wallet GUI - v0.4.4.1 - page 31. (Read 56014 times)

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
XPB
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Creator of Pebblecoin
How does the pool payouts work?
Haven't received anything yet.
The pool waits 60 blocks before paying out.  You will get your payment about 2 hours after the block you contributed to is mined.

Is there a way to remotely mine to our own wallets now with this linux miner?
What do you mean remotely?  You can run the minerd from anywhere, just use your wallet public key as the login, as the command line says on the "Getting Started" page.

Thanks!
Is the wallet public key the output of the "address" command in simplewallet?
Or something else(as simplewallet isn't tied to the daemon credentials if I understand right)

That's right, the "address" command gives you the wallet public key.
The pool waits 60 blocks before paying out.  You will get your payment about 2 hours after the block you contributed to is mined.

What do you mean remotely?  You can run the minerd from anywhere, just use your wallet public key as the login, as the command line says on the "Getting Started" page.

Thanks!
Is the wallet public key the output of the "address" command in simplewallet?
Or something else(as simplewallet isn't tied to the daemon credentials if I understand right)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It's a shame I don't have enough RAM for this...
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin

XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
If upgrading from the previous wallet using the very long command line to the new wallet, what do we need to do?
If you use the new pebblecoind and simplewallet, then you don't need to change anything, but now you can run the simplewallet without the very long command line.

If you want to use your wallet with the GUI, then run the GUI and tell it where the data directory and wallet files are.  For example, if your data dir was ~/pebbles and your wallet was called mywallet such that it is in ~/pebbles/mywallet.keys, then you run ./pebblecoin-qt --data-dir ~/pebbles --wallet-file mywallet.

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Dear DEV, when will windows miner come out, solo mining is very inefficient, and it's not fair to the guys using windows.
If upgrading from the previous wallet using the very long command line to the new wallet, what do we need to do?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
no windows version minerd ?on pool
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
TimSweat
I agree with some of the others , this coin is set to be mined by only a certain group in the community , I use an older computer that can be upgraded with that much memory and I don't think I will be buy a pc that holds that much just to mine with .

BTC can only be effectively mined with ASIC devices.

This coin may well be crap (I haven't made up my mind yet) but people shouldn't bitch about it simply because they don't have a computer capable of mining it.
I wasn't bitching , I was simply giving my input about the hardware to mine it . It did cross my mine to mine it but I doubt I'm going to spend that much for a pc that will mine it .

I see, sorry.  Reading your post again does make me realize there is nothing in your words that is fundamentally bitching.  One of the failures of communicating through text on a screen vs. verbal communication is that is tone and inflection can be lost.

I probably subconsciously interpret everything I read here as bitching, whining, complaining, trolling, just negativity in general unless I can clearly see a different motivation for making a comment, because well, this is bitcointalk.

Ahh no need for apology , I completely understand . I like to mine new coins but I'm limited in what I can and can't mine at the moment , Like scrypt and sha256 is all for now , hopefully in the future I can do more types , but funds are limited for me so I just do what I can until thattime comes ,

However I have only justr started to keep up with the forum so I don't miss a great opportunity like btc lol . had I know back then I would be sitting nicely building more pc's to mine other types . Seeing some of the post like your talking about Yea it gets kind of rediculous to put something down just because one thinks its not a good coin or beneficial . Any coin can be a good coin if done right I guess .
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
I agree with some of the others , this coin is set to be mined by only a certain group in the community , I use an older computer that can be upgraded with that much memory and I don't think I will be buy a pc that holds that much just to mine with .

This coin may well be crap (I haven't made up my mind yet) but people shouldn't bitch about it simply because they don't have a computer capable of mining it.
I wasn't bitching , I was simply giving my input about the hardware to mine it . It did cross my mine to mine it but I doubt I'm going to spend that much for a pc that will mine it .

I see, sorry.  Reading your post again does make me realize there is nothing in your words that is fundamentally bitching.  One of the failures of communicating through text on a screen vs. verbal communication is that is tone and inflection can be lost.

I probably subconsciously interpret everything I read here as bitching, whining, complaining, trolling, just negativity in general unless I can clearly see a different motivation for making a comment, because well, this is bitcointalk.
TimSweat

XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
I have just started the Pebblecoin Pool and put one of my computers to mine on it.  I am charging no pool fee, this is just for the convenience of people who want to mine the coin.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download the linux miner and run it: ./minerd -o stratum+tcp://69.60.113.21:3333 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p x

There is no windows binary yet.

LINKS:
Pool Website: http://69.60.113.21
Miner Source: https://github.com/xpbcreator/pebbleminer
Linux Stand-Alone Miner: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u64fs7n34n5390/minerd?dl=0
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

Activity: 371
Merit: 252
Looks like I got it up and running too. Found a block of 79 coins.

What are the current coin stats? # of coins, difficulty? I noticed the getinfo command wasn't available yet.
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
GUI got my attention, syncing now Smiley
edit**
so windows box, defaulted to %appdata% directory like all wallet-qt's do
needed to make a batch file to get it to start hashing. so in the folder with the gui I made a batch file containing:
pebblecoin-qt --enable-boulderhash
pause
boom hashing, synced.  using 13.6 GB ram and a lot of cpu power will update when i find something more!  
PS dev is in #pebblecoin irc and was able to sort out my questions.

*Edit #3, found first block. very good.

Good to hear it is working!  I just added a .batch file to the .zip download so it should be easier for future Windows wallet users to start mining: just double-click on the batch file.
TimSweat
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
GUI got my attention, syncing now Smiley
edit**
so windows box, defaulted to %appdata% directory like all wallet-qt's do
needed to make a batch file to get it to start hashing. so in the folder with the gui I made a batch file containing:
pebblecoin-qt --enable-boulderhash
pause
boom hashing, synced.  using 13.6 GB ram and a lot of cpu power will update when i find something more!  
PS dev is in #pebblecoin irc and was able to sort out my questions.

*Edit #3, found first block. very good.
XPB
Creator of Pebblecoin
The Pebblecoin Qt Wallet has just been released:

The seed nodes and genesis block information are hard-coded into the wallet, so all that is required to start it is to run the program.  

It has a "Support" tab which logs you into the #pebblecoin IRC channel:

I will be online fairly often for the next few weeks to make sure everyone can use the software properly.

Download links:
Windows 64-bit Package (Qt + Daemon + Simplewallet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5lhopccik6kffb/pebblecoin-all-v0.2.0.1-win32-x64.zip?dl=0
Linux 64-bit Package (Qt + Daemon + Simplewallet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/y39ljxkpk5l9yp9/pebblecoin-all-v0.2.0.1-linux-x64.tar.gz?dl=0

QT INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Download the package for your respective platform
  • Run the Qt executable.  The software will generate a new wallet for you and use a default folder: ~/.pebblecoin on Linux and %appdata%\pebblecoin on Windows.
  • To use an existing wallet, copy the wallet.keys file into the default folder.
  • To use a different data directory and/or wallet file, run the software like so: ./pebblecoin-qt --data-dir --wallet-file .
  • To enable mining, run the start_mining_NEEDS_13GB_RAM.bat batch file. Or run the qt wallet with the --enable-boulderhash command line option, or put enable-boulderhash=1 into the config file.  It will start mining to the wallet address.  To change the number of mining threads (13GB required per thread), do --mining-threads or edit the batch file.
Pages:
Jump to: