Pages:
Author

Topic: People pay your Taxes - page 5. (Read 82772 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 03:41:13 PM
Is there any limit?
and what if you have only invested the money and did not take any profits yet?

so can you guide us on where to look into taxation for cryptocurrencies in India?

Also is it valid for if people have only invested less than 1 lakh

Please respond Smiley

Thank you!
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
January 16, 2018, 04:28:52 AM
I have seen a lot of people trying to hide taxes especially the ones using localbitcoins. They forget the fact that government can trace them based on earnings received in their bank accounts.

Many of the localbitcoins trades are cash-in-hand transactions.
Activity: 53
December 14, 2017, 02:58:12 AM
hum...  i'm starting to see  cobwebs in this post now.  *cough, looks into  the  mirroe  and  sees a  dusty  skeleton, SHIT !*

Clean up the OP.

Lawyers are coming into bitcointalk forums very soon to help our journey!

nice
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
January 14, 2018, 08:21:24 AM
I have seen a lot of people trying to hide taxes especially the ones using localbitcoins. They forget the fact that government can trace them based on earnings received in their bank accounts.
Activity: 10
December 11, 2017, 05:33:29 PM
better safe than sorry.
Activity: 93
Merit: 15
January 13, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
Most of the people think that it is easy to get away with taxes in India. In reality, it is very easy for RBI and banks to track your investments in BTC,thus pay your taxes.
Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode
Activity: 787
Merit: 276
Currency Xchanger™
January 08, 2018, 05:58:14 AM
As of today, the government has not clarified on the questions from the bitcoin community and from the exchanges on how the taxes should be filed and the criteria. Only intimation available that I know of is that Government as said that 'Bitcoin transactions will be taxed'. That leaves so many questions open. its only Open to manipulation. ;invest in a good lawyer or CA to get you through these taxes.

And if anyone get some concrete direction, do post it here...

And one more thing...
Always pay your taxes  no matter if its extortion, or if it theft by the government or if the government does build roads or whatever.

For now you should file it as Capital gain and keep record of all your trades in excel or something like that . Then pay tax as Short term or Long term Capital gain . Talk with your CA .
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will
January 07, 2018, 01:27:52 AM
As of today, the government has not clarified on the questions from the bitcoin community and from the exchanges on how the taxes should be filed and the criteria. Only intimation available that I know of is that Government as said that 'Bitcoin transactions will be taxed'. That leaves so many questions open. its only Open to manipulation. ;invest in a good lawyer or CA to get you through these taxes.

And if anyone get some concrete direction, do post it here...

And one more thing...
Always pay your taxes  no matter if its extortion, or if it theft by the government or if the government does build roads or whatever.
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
January 04, 2018, 02:31:34 PM
Paid tax feeling good Smiley
Declared Bitcoin earnings and got clean signal from IT central processing .

Did you declare it as capital gain or "other income"? I may have to declare my earnings this year and I'm curious how you classified it.
(This is important because long term capital gain usually attracts 20% tax while "other income" falls into regular bracket which can go up to 30%)

Well i don't know much deep how my CA showed it . But its should be as Other Income , My filling checked by Central processing of IT and received no demand intimation from them Smiley ; as far i know he didn't mention any short term or long term capital gain instead he pushed it in my Export of Service category of my business which also attract NIL GST rate for my GST .

Thanks for sharing, this will be helpful. Appreciate it!
Currency Xchanger™
January 04, 2018, 12:56:48 PM

Did you declare it as capital gain or "other income"? I may have to declare my earnings this year and I'm curious how you classified it.
(This is important because long term capital gain usually attracts 20% tax while "other income" falls into regular bracket which can go up to 30%)

Well i don't know much deep how my CA showed it . But its should be as Other Income , My filling checked by Central processing of IT and received no demand intimation from them Smiley ; as far i know he didn't mention any short term or long term capital gain instead he pushed it in my Export of Service category of my business which also attract NIL GST rate for my GST .
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
January 04, 2018, 04:58:46 AM

Currency Xchanger™
January 02, 2018, 10:20:33 PM
Activity: 108
Merit: 100
December 31, 2017, 12:52:40 AM
Any online bank like that is a SwissBank can convert your bitcoins to real cash and save.
I realize that a number of people need to pay taxes because trade for those that have filed ubmitted.
From what I've read, I understand that to pay on bitcoin in India as regulated.Once we convert btc.
I am trading BTC on coinsecure constantly buy and sell I do not redeem to my bank account.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 03:05:12 PM
Any online bank like that of PayPal where you can convert your currency to real cash and save it. If the income may taxable, every one happy to pay taxes.
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
December 19, 2017, 04:45:30 AM
In today's newspaper I read that Income Tax department is going to send notices to 4-5 lakh high level traders who have traded Bitcoins at popular exchanges.
http://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/bitcoin-income-tax-notices-4-lakh-hnis-tax-evasion-cryptocurrency-digital-money-tax-fraud/story/266264.html

This comes after IT officials conducted surveys at 9 popular Bitcoin exchanges in India last week.

Let us know if anyone here receives the notice  Tongue
Activity: 27
November 05, 2017, 04:47:34 AM
Thanks
Activity: 30
December 19, 2017, 04:08:05 AM
nice thread. I think many numbers of people don't need to pay any taxes primarily because they don't trade or make significant enough profits and bitcoin is not legal in India for now.
I'm sure that many doesn't want to pay tax and this is applicable to all of us in India.
Currency Xchanger™
December 15, 2017, 08:46:35 AM
I will find a way to convert my digital money into fiat money without transferring to bank account.
I don't want to give my hard earned money away to those greedy peoples, they do and WILL fill their own accounts without considering the Country benefits.

LBC Cash in Hand best way . Meet with your buyer can get cash Tongue
Activity: 34
November 27, 2017, 09:58:01 AM
nice thread. I think many numbers of people don't need to pay any taxes primarily because they don't trade or make significant enough profits and bitcoin is not legal in India for now.
Pages:
Jump to: