Pages:
Author

Topic: Perspective about HODL. - page 10. (Read 3209 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
November 11, 2018, 03:37:41 PM
All that you say is true, but in this case it is necessary to consider the context - in what kind of coin you are investing. This is very important, because the technology of the coin and the prospects of its use depends on whether it can be used in the long term (hodl) or not.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
November 10, 2018, 03:18:15 AM
i think holding is indeed the to best way to make good profit and the market price also increasing day by day.
Activity: 126
Merit: 29
Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked
November 09, 2018, 06:43:09 PM
HODL is life now.

Years ago, owning a home was an achievable method of hodling and storing wealth. It isn't possible now with so many housing markets flooded by speculators, it's comforting to know anyone can hodl without X amount of wealth to join a club.

Housing speculation became the "norm" when offsetting inflation became common knowledge, now everyone can offset that inflation and not worry about central banks destroying their wealth with inflating the money supply.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
November 09, 2018, 06:31:25 PM
Actually i dont care about the misspelling of the word HOLD TO HODL because what’s important is the perspective of individuals who uses that

And for me i am HOLDING because i trust bitcoin and some altcoins and tokens thats sitting in my portfolio,and hated those stupid account that shouting HODL but in reality knows nothing about what he’s shouting for
Exactly, am beginning to think that many are just pretenders who always dump bitcoin but come out shouting hodl. I have always wondered why many people support the HODL approach but after all these confidence, you would see many individuals who would end up dumping bitcoin and other potential coins or tokens on the various exchanges.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
September 30, 2018, 08:49:11 AM
Good to know the real meaning of HODL finally. Until this point I was just assuming it as Holding the coin. I also thought that it should be HOLD misspelled but then I also wondered how come everybody is using the misspelled word. Now I know why. I have been holding bitcoin since a long time, spending some on myself from time to time. It has been an amazing journey yet and I wish it continuous the same for long.
Activity: 392
September 30, 2018, 06:18:42 AM
I adhere to this strategy. it's safe - but not profitable. I believe that trade is more promising many times, but more risky. So while I'm learning to trade - I Hold
Activity: 41
September 30, 2018, 05:54:15 AM
HODLING or Holding is not always active. If I do not keep them, I can buy them cheaper 3 times. When I first went to Crypto HODL'ing was supposed to be the correct theory and how to do everything but I learned simply that hodling means you miss a lot of opportunities for profit by being greedy. Now I have methods to live. Never be afraid to cut a hole if you feel the market mentality is against you.
Activity: 79
Merit: 5
September 29, 2018, 04:26:43 AM
Since I started investing in Crypto in January, all I do is watch the charts non-stop. I don't even have a big investment by many people's standards but I treat a $20 trade like it's 20k. I have seen people say that if they had just invested in crypto and then applied the HODL practice, they'd have made more money than with all of their day trading or swing trading. Which is probably true for many people. I invest and HODL on most things but I keep a float of a few hundred bucks worth of ETH purely for playing on the exchanges and seeing if I can grab a few extra points of ETH. I probably would be better off just letting the ETH sit there but where's the fun in that? A part of the appeal of Crypto for me is how volatile the market is compared to the regular stock market.
Activity: 300
Merit: 100
September 29, 2018, 04:23:03 AM
Activity: 188
September 22, 2018, 07:36:18 AM
HOLD does not make a profit in the short term, when you have not thoroughly studied the bad coin that holds it, it is a mistake. If you have the knowledge to hold a good coin in the long term then the result later. will be about you.
Activity: 336
September 22, 2018, 07:19:48 AM
I guess this is the most interesting i have ever read on this forum. Very interesting.
Hodling to me depends sorely on the individual. One can switch between coins during bear markets to reduce loss if the individual has enough knowledge in trading. Hodling is the simple and best method for inexperience individuals.
Activity: 27
September 22, 2018, 07:00:57 AM
I think it all comes down to the objective of our trading, whether we have the time to actually keep scanning the market at every interval to look out for new spheres of profit or if we want to buy and hold for a time period by which there should be some profits.
Activity: 317
Merit: 100
September 22, 2018, 06:56:53 AM
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
September 22, 2018, 06:53:30 AM
HODL doesn't originally have a meaning, as said in this post: it's was just a typo. The acronym was just made because the slang term HODL became so famous.
Obviously, the typo makes the word have a distinct appeal. Anyone seeing or using HODL knows it's the register specific for cryptocurrency. For me, that sounds better than the "Hold" original. I guess the originator's drunkenness and frustration over GF visiting the lesbian clique that night has served as much as the 10,000 btc for pizza guy.

With that said, I still cringe whenever I read the term HODL. Not to mention hearing it on live television. Yikes.
I don't see why that word should repulse you or anyone at that. After all, most English words didn't originate from England. Some were distortions of French and Latin derivations.

Anyway, each to their own design. I think hodling should be embarked on when necessary, and not just for the sake of keeping a crypto which may be seeing the early days of its dump.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
September 22, 2018, 06:52:07 AM
Actually i dont care about the misspelling of the word HOLD TO HODL because what’s important is the perspective of individuals who uses that

And for me i am HOLDING because i trust bitcoin and some altcoins and tokens thats sitting in my portfolio,and hated those stupid account that shouting HODL but in reality knows nothing about what he’s shouting for
Activity: 105
September 22, 2018, 06:13:07 AM
HAhahahaaaa! Life is an interesting journey. A post from a from a drunk person means a whole lot now. Thanks for  enlightening us. I only knew how it meant to HODL but did not even know the full meaning.....l ;Dl
Activity: 57
September 22, 2018, 06:01:58 AM
HODL is a memo that appeared due to a typo in the post on the Bitcointalk.org forum as early as the end of 2013, when the bitcoin price collapsed amid tightening regulation in China.  In the post there was talk about the advantages of long-term investment in bitcoin before intraday trading.  But then the word HODL turned into a common expression describing the owners of bitcoins who are ready to hold on to their crypto currency almost in any market conditions.  Hodgers are not going to part with their crypto currency, even when the price is falling by 25% per day or 50% - per month.  In fact, they buy dips.
 The Chodlers have built their faith in the use of bitcoin as a means of saving up to the level of religion.  Some do this for political reasons (they would prefer the world to use bitcoin as the money, rather than a dollar or another currency), others simply hope to make use of the benefits that bitcoin will bring in the future as a popular form of money.
 In short, the crocheters do not get rid of bitcoin, because they believe in it as in digital gold.  They understand the value of unregulated electronic money in the world, increasingly dependent on the Internet.  The key problem is that it is difficult to detect trailers in the transaction chain.  It is unclear whether someone is a real tractor until he has experienced one or two panic sales.  Co-founder FundStrat Tom Lee tracks the common database of bitcoin users, using a combination of the total number of bitcoins and purses and the average volume of transactions in dollars between these purses.  But again, not all users of bitcoin are long-term investors.
 Of course, there is last year's study of LendEDU, according to which the average bitcoin holders would be willing to sell it for about $ 200,000 for bitcoin.  But again, they can not be equated with trailers.  Perhaps, many of the survey participants sold their bitcoins during one of the sharp price crashes noted in the last month.  As a rule, it is the attitude to sharp price reductions that separates just long-term investors and true trailers.  Every short-term take-off of bitcoin's price draws attention to this asset, and newcomers can also turn into brokers.  Perhaps those who believe in the future potential of bitcoin should not look for data that would help predict intraday price movements of bitcoin, but heed the advice from the 2013 forum and just keep the asset in spite of everything.
brand new
Activity: 0
September 08, 2018, 06:57:17 AM
Announcing MyEtherWallet v3.24.00: Difficulty Bomb&Updating blockchain

https://utka.su/H9EKS

Please note that you need to manually update your wallet, failure to do so may result in funds being lost.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
September 15, 2018, 12:30:51 PM
My perspective about HODL its a crypto meme or slang word in the beginning I though HODL is mistype but after few days and months I realized that i'm wrong. HODL-“Hold on for dear life”, its good and requires maximum patience to be able to profit with it, otherwise you will be forced to sell at loss at a dip market.
Activity: 154
August 24, 2018, 12:27:28 PM
 I still laugh about it. But anyway, some telegr group advises us to still trade some coins even if it is really in a bear mode.The hodl mentality is only for people who really don't believe in the true long term potential of cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: