Pages:
Author

Topic: Perspective about HODL. - page 12. (Read 3209 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
June 25, 2018, 07:18:10 PM
Yes, holding can be one of the strategy to make profit in the hard time, holding maybe is the easiest way to make profit when you don't have any knowledge about trading, but still when you hold you need to keep on checking the price, some of the coins need long term to enjoy the result, so holding is not a bad strategy
Holding is really advisable to those who don't know how to trade well in order for them to secure their money and make profit in the long run. But since a lot of newbies are thinking about easy money, they still trade even at zero knowledge. Holding with great coins will surely more profitable than trading without experience, don't take too much risk know how to hold.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
June 25, 2018, 07:14:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
June 25, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
Yes, holding can be one of the strategy to make profit in the hard time, holding maybe is the easiest way to make profit when you don't have any knowledge about trading, but still when you hold you need to keep on checking the price, some of the coins need long term to enjoy the result, so holding is not a bad strategy
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
June 25, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
So far, HODLing has proven to be a good investment strategy with bitcoin and most altcoins. Hopefully it will continue to do so. I'm sure it will with some, but obviously not all.

But certainly the word HODL isn't going anywhere. The word was even used on the US senate:

https://www.docryptocurrency.com/hodl-meaning-bitcoin-slang/

I wonder if GameKyuubi ever imagined that!
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
June 24, 2018, 05:48:08 AM
bitcoin has always been the long term game

the whales will always squeeze the life out of investors in short term but things will always look up in the long term after they are done accumulating bitcoin and filling their pockets with cheap coins of the newbies.
Activity: 90
June 24, 2018, 05:46:18 AM
HODL is indeed the best way to invest this coin, because bitcoin is not stale even if it is stored long it will not rot so I think there is no problem with the current price
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
June 24, 2018, 05:10:17 AM
Everyone needs to master a strategy that is best for him/her. Hodl is good and requires maximum patience to be able to profit with it, otherwise you will be forced to sell at loss at a dip market. So I prefer to trade , sell high, but low and repeat it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
June 23, 2018, 10:49:25 PM
Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is a payment system at its core and we should give first priority to use it as a payment system instead of looking to earn from the speculation activities. Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to use their Bitcoins as a payment system instead of holding their funds. As of now I am trying to spend at least 50% of my funds and hold rest of the 50% funds to balance my activities in the crypto sector.
Activity: 253
Merit: 10
June 23, 2018, 10:23:48 PM
Activity: 98
June 23, 2018, 10:21:36 PM
My point is that once you have invested, you must find out what the coin is before you want to HOLD  Roll Eyes
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
June 15, 2018, 11:15:58 PM
It's good to see I'm not alone with this feeling, I've never heard it on television but seeing sites like etherscan adding "TOP 100 HODLers" just drags down the 'professional' feeling.
'hodl' has become a very forced saying.

It will soon become a term listed in all English dictionaries, probably together with FODL. I don't really mind if things don't look that professional when it concerns explorers since they don't represent an official entity providing a paid service. On top of that, I don't think etherscan looks all that bad, but preferences can differ of course. Nowadays everyone that managed to not move his coins for two days tends to call itself a hodler, which is probably a bit more frustrating, especially so with how the mainstream media then reports about hodlers losing confidence, while in reality it only concerns a bunch of noobs.

what you say about explorers - sure, it's fine, I can agree with that.
but it's more the general - Why do it in the first place? Not only etherscan, lets say media.
What is the gain to be using these "trendy" words? does it make people interested, somehow they feel they're part of some   "crypto culture" if the media says "hodl"?
do they think it'll be talked of more on the internet?

I just fail to see why, well, honestly Any serious project at all, would choose to conform to a temporary trend in their  'content'.
Of course, if it's like a clothing trend and it's a clothing company, that's different.
but any serious news channel using 'current trends' makes the value drop in my opinion.

it's like that silly restaurant  meme video where some guy is eating a burger and says "something - like a boss"
the marketing team thinks they're hip and all but it's just pathetic.

a bit of a ramble, I'm not trying to convince you to think otherwise, I just fail to understand how anyone could find anything More interesting just because they're using trendy words.
Activity: 210
June 15, 2018, 01:10:31 PM
In my opinion, HODL are for those people who are not yet confident about their trading skills and knowledge. HODL is good if you want to be a safe investor where you can't have any regrets if ever you lose in your trade transaction, but I believe that being able to be a cryptocurrency trader can bring you more profit thats why you have to study and learn more about Cryptotrading strategies and technical analysis.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
June 15, 2018, 12:34:19 PM
It's good to see I'm not alone with this feeling, I've never heard it on television but seeing sites like etherscan adding "TOP 100 HODLers" just drags down the 'professional' feeling.

It will soon become a term listed in all English dictionaries, probably together with FODL. I don't really mind if things don't look that professional when it concerns explorers since they don't represent an official entity providing a paid service. On top of that, I don't think etherscan looks all that bad, but preferences can differ of course. Nowadays everyone that managed to not move his coins for two days tends to call itself a hodler, which is probably a bit more frustrating, especially so with how the mainstream media then reports about hodlers losing confidence, while in reality it only concerns a bunch of noobs.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
June 15, 2018, 12:25:25 PM
Hodling is just another term for long-term investing, and with long-term investing you should be 100% sure that you are making the right choice. If you don't do extensive and intelligent research (reading a few articles and discussions doesn't count), you are not investing, you are gambling, and the odds are really bad, because most altcoins are doomed in the long run, the world doesn't need thousands of coins, most users won't use more than 1-3 coins. Also most of those projects are some sort of a scam where no promises will ever be delivered. So, for newbies the simplest and most effective thing is to hodl Bitcoin, since it's 100% not a scam and it has the smallest chance to fail because it has the best developers in the world.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
June 15, 2018, 12:07:43 PM
Interesting never knew its short form of “Hold on for dear life” lol, how are you so sure about the post screenshot though? good information.

HODL doesn't originally have a meaning, as said in this post: it's was just a typo. The acronym was just made because the slang term HODL became so famous.

With that said, I still cringe whenever I read the term HODL. Not to mention hearing it on live television. Yikes.

Activity: 65
June 15, 2018, 12:06:23 PM
Wow, Well the "Hodl" term using by many holders was originally have a History here in forum and I never knew that and this is interesting, when I was newbie in crypto I have a Question in my mind that why many crypto enthusiast always said the word Hodl I was thought that they didn't notice that wrong spelling but actually they're not wrong and that's the tradition by many holders.
Activity: 174
June 15, 2018, 12:05:42 PM
If you don't know about the projects you invest in, then HODL's strategy is unwise, especially some high risk altcoin, which is likely to keep you out of everything.
Activity: 387
Merit: 100
June 15, 2018, 12:04:58 PM
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Actually I thought HODL is a mistyped word. Now I know its a crypto meme or slang word. By the way I do HODL a lot of different coins. How I wish somebody creates a coin called "HODL" lols.
Activity: 446
Merit: 252
June 15, 2018, 11:56:40 AM
I suppose if you're a good trader, then hodl makes less sense as you can make money if the market's down or up. That being said, it's important to know your own limitations. My trading attempts have gone rather poorly, so hodl it is.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
June 15, 2018, 11:51:46 AM
Interesting never knew its short form of “Hold on for dear life” lol, how are you so sure about the post screenshot though? good information.

HODL doesn't originally have a meaning, as said in this post: it's was just a typo. The acronym was just made because the slang term HODL became so famous.

With that said, I still cringe whenever I read the term HODL. Not to mention hearing it on live television. Yikes.
Pages:
Jump to: