Pages:
Author

Topic: Petitioning Cryptsy, Btc-e and others for Monero(XMR) - page 4. (Read 7396 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Why? Focus on getting your coin to usability, at some point volume will reach a critical mass and exchanges will add it. Focusing on more exchanges while your coin is still just a speculative vehicle just makes it look like your priorities are in the wrong place.

it is kind of an equlibrium - if it is not well distributed, coins usability does not help
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Why? Focus on getting your coin to usability, at some point volume will reach a critical mass and exchanges will add it. Focusing on more exchanges while your coin is still just a speculative vehicle just makes it look like your priorities are in the wrong place.

From the Monero OP on Bitcointalk - the core team is (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle.

If anyone else decides to embark on an initiative relating to Monero we are certainly not able to stop them, nor would we want to impinge on their freedom to pursue whatever goal they choose. If you read the Monero Missives and watch our Developer Fireside Chat from the other day it should be apparent and clear that the core team is focused on usability and other fundamental Monero issues, but thank you for re-enforcing that we are on the right path in doing so.
Activity: 826
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Has there been any organized effort to contact BTC-e?

I think they should be added to the list

@btcecom
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Monero is my fave coin, please get on cryptsy and mint  Cry
donator
No

You're still not demonstrating even the slightest understanding of Monero's technical underpinnings. If you want to have a discussion, tell us about our technical shortcomings, not the actions of users. That sort of butthurt strategy hasn't stopped Apple from being successful (in spite of anyone who uses an Apple product being labelled a "fanboi"), and it won't stop Monero from being useful and useable.
Activity: 644
Maybe you're not shills after all, it could be a cult .... maybe you should move to Guyana and build Monerotown.  

Worth a shot!

shilling" and "a cult".

Don't you think that's a bit disrespectful to those people genuinely trapped in religious cults today? Don't you think your overly liberal use of terms that are clearly not applicable does nothing to prove your point, and only serves to reduce your own credibility?

No
donator
Maybe you're not shills after all, it could be a cult .... maybe you should move to Guyana and build Monerotown.  

Worth a shot!

So let me get this straight. A group of people work to improve something from a reference implementation to a point where it actually has utility and value. Along the way they garner attention from people of all sorts with all levels of intelligence, education, and background. Those people express - sometimes quite vocally - their enthusiasm for the work that the budding group are doing.

You label their enthusiasm "shilling" and "a cult".

Don't you think that's a bit disrespectful to those people genuinely trapped in religious cults today? Don't you think your overly liberal use of terms that are clearly not applicable does nothing to prove your point, and only serves to reduce your own credibility?

If you want to tackle Monero, tackle us on a technical level. Point out where we are abjectly and unequivocally wrong on some technical approach. Show us the fundamental errors we've made with regards to implementation or cryptographic primitives or user threat modes or attack surfaces. Beyond that? Let the cryptocurrency live or die on its own merit if it is not fundamentally technically broken.
Activity: 644

Worth a shot!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Done and done. Why are they not adding it yet?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
THE REWARD HAS NOW BEEN INCREASED TO 0.4 XMR...PLEASE FIND MORE INFO BELOW:

Monero users: I would like to start a petition to Cryptsy, btc-E, OKcoin, Bitstamp, Coindesk, Forbes and others to support Monero (XMR). Personally I trust Cryptsy more-so than some of these other exchanges and I'd like to trade my Monero on a more secure and liquid platform. Coindesk seems to be blatantly censoring XMR and we should let them know how we feel as well.

If you share similar feelings or simply want cryptsy and others to get behind Monero (XMR) please tweet them and tell them why they should add Monero (XMR)!

A total of 10 XMR will be pledged towards this campaign funded by myself, Nekomata and saddambitcoin. If anyone else wants to chip in, please PM me

Each Monero tweeter will get 0.1 XMR 0.2 XMR until we run out (limited to 1 tx per person)

THE REWARD HAS NOW BEEN INCREASED TO 0.4 XMR

RULES:

1. TAG AT LEAST 3 - @cryptsy, @btcecom, @okcoinBTC, @Bitstamp @coindesk, @forbes, @CryptoCobain IN A TWEET MENTIONING MONERO (XMR)

2. HASHTAG #MTC (Monero Twitter Campaign) TO VERIFY

3. SCREENSHOT YOUR TWEET AND PM ME THE PICTURE AND YOUR XMR ADDRESS

If you would like to donate to this cause just PM me (maybe the reward could be raised or could fund a longer campaign)

Send Tweets to:

EXCHANGES

@cryptsy
@btcecom
@okcoinBTC
@Bitstamp
@btcchina
@vaultofsatoshi

MEDIA OUTLETS

@coindesk
@maxkeiser
@aantonop
@jonmatonis
@CryptoCobain
@forbes

if you think anyone else should be on this list just mention it below and I'll try to add it asap!
Pages:
Jump to: