Pages:
Author

Topic: Phinnaeus Gage scammer tag request - page 6. (Read 7223 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 17, 2013, 03:41:08 AM
I'm not trying to be rude, but this isn't scammer behavior. This is someone simply changing their mind about a business deal. Bad form? Yes. Scammer? No.

I believe a scammer tag would be more appropriate if he would have received some kind of good or service (outside of a minor amount of good will from the community for his promise) and then backed out of the agreement. However, it seems that both parties are no worse off than when they began the agreement, which means "null loss".

Unless you've made commitments yourself that his backing down has interrupted, you have no real grievance.

Welching on a bet is far less brazen than outright defrauding someone for coin. You probably should have used an escrow holder for the bet funds. Tongue

How in the fuck are you not banned? holy fucking shit, i just read your trust rating. What the flipping EFF.

I mean.. I have some haters. And there have been a few misunderstandings. But overall, I'm a pretty nice guy. Smiley

scum like this will continue to brazenly taunt us until we cull them like they beg to be. want scamming to stop? lets defend ourselves.

Yeah. Rally the e-troops. Sharpen your keyboards. Huzzah!

+1 for the concept of "defending" yourselves. Use escrow. Use escrow. Finally, use escrow. Trust webs do not work. "You sent first" does not work. Verified signatures do not work.

PLEASE use escrow.
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
June 17, 2013, 03:39:57 AM
Inaba, would you consider his promise as fulfilled if he establish a charity organization with the goal to redistribute $200 to several organizations of your choice over unspecified period of time? Smiley

/troll
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
June 17, 2013, 03:28:58 AM
what we have here is...

a facepalm into keyboard followed by destruction of the universe
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 17, 2013, 03:22:00 AM
I'm not trying to be rude, but this isn't scammer behavior. This is someone simply changing their mind about a business deal. Bad form? Yes. Scammer? No.

I believe a scammer tag would be more appropriate if he would have received some kind of good or service (outside of a minor amount of good will from the community for his promise) and then backed out of the agreement. However, it seems that both parties are no worse off than when they began the agreement, which means "null loss".

Unless you've made commitments yourself that his backing down has interrupted, you have no real grievance.

Welching on a bet is far less brazen than outright defrauding someone for coin. You probably should have used an escrow holder for the bet funds. Tongue
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
June 17, 2013, 02:47:01 AM
I don't think mods do scammer tags any more - they rely on the 'Trust' feature of the forums.

Will
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2013, 02:03:49 AM
I would like to nominate Phinnaeus Gage for a scammer tag.  He has openly admitted that he made a promise to donate and now intends to break that promise to donate $200 to a charity of my choice because he simply doesn't feel like parting with $200 now.

I am unable to locate the original post (perhaps he's deleted it?)

He upped the original amount from $100 to $200 here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1284447
Speaking of charities, Josh. I'm upping my bit with you, of which you don't have to put anything up, to $200 USD, instead of the original $100 USD. I did read that you're having misgivings about EFF, so feel free to change your mind when the time comes where I hopefully have to pay out.

Tonight, I was copied on a PM that states he has no intention of honoring his commitment:

To be fair, I will concur that the bet (for lack of a better word) is satisfied as far as your obligation is concerned. It also satisfied my promise (mine was not a bet) to donate to a cause stipulated by Josh/BFL.

But, sadly, I am reneging on my promise for reasons I've outline on this forum. I may reverse that renegeration (just made that word up) at some future time, but for now I'm holding fast.

Me is no happy camper at the moment (nothing to do with your promise/bet, so don't take it personal, though feel free to judge me by my current action).

Mods are welcome to check my PM inbox for a PM from PG and verify that what I say is true.  Since PG admits he made a commitment and now openly admits that he has no intention of following through, I think a scammer tag is more than warranted at this point.

Pages:
Jump to: