Author

Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux) - page 203. (Read 784857 times)

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Read: "How to up your hashrate on PhoenixMiner" - Read on Medium

Is this the scam that we have been warned about up thread?

Link is fishy. Titled "Medium" to give the patina of respectibility, but "linked" to somewhere else.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Many thanks indeed for confirming, and sorry I didn’t see it when I was scrolling through😢
Activity: 1275
Merit: 141
He answered this about 10 posts up......

“    The 5.2e does not support etchash but we will release a new version (5.3) in a week or so with ETCHash support. The idea is to have a version to go back to with the old ETC algo in case the hard fork fails (unlikely but still).  “

Activity: 9
Good morning,

Please would Phoenixminer dev team confirm that it’s miner will support the new ETC etchash algorithm, that will be activated at dag file 390?

Many thanks
Activity: 7
Hello,

Was using claymore until now and getting 32 Mh/s to all my 3 Rx 580s 8gbs..

Now switched to Phoenix 5.1e with this command -amd -acm -rxboost 21 -gser 2 -daglim 0
And only getting 28 Mh/s..

Tried without daglim and getting the same Mh/s..

Also every time i am starting the miner i get Disabling DAG pre allocation not enough vram..
But all my Gpus are 8 GBs..

Can anybody help ?

Thanks in advance,
Activity: 1
thank you phoenixminer for always working hard on the support.

hey i can't use the straps for RX580 o just for AMD VEGAS CARD ? comon guys <3
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
Any hopes for the 1070Ti ?
Any smart fixes ?
Upon updating windows, one of my 1080ti s win10 rigs has stopped working. Can't figure it out and last resort is to reverse the update. Any advice?

"PhoenixMiner.exe not recognized as a command" type of message - but the program is there - and has been whitelisted in Windows Security

Try clicking (executing) it from an explorer window.  See if it does anything or same error.  Probably a typo somewhere in the bat/command line.

Copied the same mining lines from the other rigs that run fine. Tried removing/adding the .exe but now it just pauses after

CUDA version:11.0 , CUDA runtime: 8.0

Tried opening from win exp as well but same issue. doesnt work

Now uninstalling the windows update to prev version... doesnt work either

now reinstalling gforce driver with clean install

Reset Windows while keeping files - Worked!

Dang windows..always breaking stuff.  Glad its fixed.
Activity: 20
Upon updating windows, one of my 1080ti s win10 rigs has stopped working. Can't figure it out and last resort is to reverse the update. Any advice?

"PhoenixMiner.exe not recognized as a command" type of message - but the program is there - and has been whitelisted in Windows Security

Try clicking (executing) it from an explorer window.  See if it does anything or same error.  Probably a typo somewhere in the bat/command line.

Copied the same mining lines from the other rigs that run fine. Tried removing/adding the .exe but now it just pauses after

CUDA version:11.0 , CUDA runtime: 8.0

Tried opening from win exp as well but same issue. doesnt work

Now uninstalling the windows update to prev version... doesnt work either

now reinstalling gforce driver with clean install

Reset Windows while keeping files - Worked!

Try clicking (executing) it from an explorer window.  See if it does anything or same error.  Probably a typo somewhere in the bat/command line.
Activity: 20

It reads the main CUDA version:11.0 , CUDA runtime: 8.0 then pauses...
I am not a developer and wish I was. I have been mining since 2016. I would have had this miner well tested before deployment. I cannot comprehend to you the number of issues I have run into the latest Phoenix miner, DAG level, and Polaris cards when running large scale GPU farms. I manage and own a few, all running Windows Server with proper data center infrastructure management in place. It's as if Phoenix miner has only focused on development for Vega and Navi GPUs, but forgotten about Polaris as the DAG has limit increased. All of my Navi based rigs are fine for the most part. I manage many. Yes Claymore should be getting just as much backlash for not at all providing support but he is not available for commentary. Phoenix has been here and known about this encroaching issue. Please do something about this. We rely no stability.

HAHAHA....big time miner so he says...but just registered here today. 

His first post....way to soil the waters and remove all doubt about your idiocy.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
I am not a developer and wish I was. I have been mining since 2016. I would have had this miner well tested before deployment. I cannot comprehend to you the number of issues I have run into the latest Phoenix miner, DAG level, and Polaris cards when running large scale GPU farms. I manage and own a few, all running Windows Server with proper data center infrastructure management in place. It's as if Phoenix miner has only focused on development for Vega and Navi GPUs, but forgotten about Polaris as the DAG has limit increased. All of my Navi based rigs are fine for the most part. I manage many. Yes Claymore should be getting just as much backlash for not at all providing support but he is not available for commentary. Phoenix has been here and known about this encroaching issue. Please do something about this. We rely no stability.

fix it yourself you ungrateful prick
lol. yeah he probably is. but besides providing great and very stable miner (who's this "professional grade dumbfuck" anyway?) they are also an interested party in being the best solution and thus getting the fee. but really good efforts. kudos on that!

looks stable enough for me:

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

In Windows 10, the CPU usage is very high, can you solve it?
its not. in fact I run randomx on celeron on rigs with 12 GPUs(on phoenix) and get decent 450+h
Activity: 3
hi,

so i upgraded to 5.2e and have a couple of r9 380 4GB cards in one rig. i've got an 8GB card at position 1 to alleviate the DAG issue.

the rig fires up but my r9 380's are reporting <4 MH/s and i appear to get the "auto configure in progress" message perpetually...

also the TDP for these 2 isn't displayed, so i think they're doing nothing?

any ideas?

Win 10

PhoenixMiner.exe -pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -pool2 eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -proto 3 -astats 1 -logfile my_log.txt$  -logdir c:\users\root\desktop

thanks
Activity: 1
Hi, I've got a 6800XT and Phoenixminer detects 36 CU at start.
This card has 72 CU, this is normal? maybe hashrate is half of that card can achive?
Thanks.
Activity: 1201
Merit: 26
Nice to see new version but my question still not answered not only me many people interested as well.
Will be there new version for new coming ETC fork with reduced dag size? there is only 6-8days left to fork, thanks

Your question was already adressed shortly after 5.2a release.

Peace

Edit: It would be really fantastic if we could select cards 0,1,2 to mine ETH and 3,4,5 for ETC under the same instance of PhoenixMiner...

@Phoenixminer: the 5.2a will compatible with the ETCHASH?

We will add support for the new ETC variant of ethash (with reduced DAG size after epoch 390) in the stable version of 5.2, it is not included in 5.2a yet, but there is still at least three weeks before ETC reaches epoch 390.

Sorry my bad. didnt see that one, thanks for looking
Activity: 42
Nice to see new version but my question still not answered not only me many people interested as well.
Will be there new version for new coming ETC fork with reduced dag size? there is only 6-8days left to fork, thanks

Your question was already adressed shortly after 5.2a release.

Peace

Edit: It would be really fantastic if we could select cards 0,1,2 to mine ETH and 3,4,5 for ETC under the same instance of PhoenixMiner...

@Phoenixminer: the 5.2a will compatible with the ETCHASH?

We will add support for the new ETC variant of ethash (with reduced DAG size after epoch 390) in the stable version of 5.2, it is not included in 5.2a yet, but there is still at least three weeks before ETC reaches epoch 390.

Activity: 1201
Merit: 26
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait

I test the new version with -vmr 85
I am at 33.900Mhs

PH: 5.2e
amd driver 20.11.2

If you put rxboost (or vmr) too high you will have memory errors and the real hash will be half of what the miner shows. You have to check always the stats of the pool. It is good to use some memory errors tool or just watch the screen. If you see artifacts (like small blinking dots), you are above the possibility of the memory. For me, I can use like -rxboost 1 with the best hash on the pool without memory errors. It gives 32.4 Mh/s with moded timings (rx 580 8Gb).

Config:
RX580 !Nitro+ SE @8Go it's good card for mining
-cclock 1250
-mclock 2250
-cvddc 890
-mvddc 890

i see with HWINFO X64 = 0 error or artifacts
You shoud've started that you have nitro+. Because I get 33+Mh with the usual 580 with rxboost 50 or bigger, but the real hasrate is half of it. You should check the pool for the real hash. With nitro you should be able to reach 35.2 Mh with -rxboost 1, although the power consumption will be much higher than the normal 32.2 Mh. From the wall it is like 180 vs 110 Watts, so you add 70W for 3 Mh, which is quite ineffective.
Jump to: