Author

Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux) - page 353. (Read 784857 times)

Activity: 155
Merit: 6
How can I write lets say -clkernel 3 for GPU 1 2 3 5 9  and -clkernel 2 for GPU 4,6,7,8,10

Thanks in advance.

***Also, I get slower hash rate with my 4GB cards. I guess that is normal with past the DAG epoch 235?

like this:

-clkernel 3332322232
Activity: 150
Merit: 3
How can I write lets say -clkernel 3 for GPU 1 2 3 5 9  and -clkernel 2 for GPU 4,6,7,8,10

Thanks in advance.

***Also, I get slower hash rate with my 4GB cards. I guess that is normal with past the DAG epoch 235?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Activity: 952
Merit: 501
any plan to support Cuckoo algorithm?

like C29 or C31 algorithm?

thanks!
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
I still think adding Zilliqa as dual mining option
would be the best thing to add...can't comment how hard that would be,
but since its ethash based, I guess not too hard
Any 2nd based eth algo would slow main eth algo. There is logic?

Zilliqa is mined for a few seconds every few hours, so there is logic in spending few seconds for big coin gain
Activity: 473
Merit: 18

I highly doubt he meant adding it as as second algo.
But, checking their site, they are using Ethash (unless I missed something), so there is no need to add anything
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
its really better than Claymore?
Only if your drivers supported by miner. Claymore didn't have this dependence. But if Phoenix miner support your drivers - it faster.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

do you think faster "turbo" kernels will speed up hashing on Vega as well ? Currently turbo kernel is disabled for vega.
   Unfortunately because of the way memory controller on Vega works, there is no increase of hashrate with this optimization.

Since Radeon VII is based on Vega, does that rule out using it's 16GB for a turbo? Theoretical question for now, since almost nobody has Radeon VII Smiley
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Hi, I have problem with PhoenixMiner 4.1c and ethproxy - error Stratum thread not responsive for 51 s disable.

with PhoenixMiner 4.0b everythings work fine.

Any idea when is a problem?
thx
Activity: 357
Merit: 101
Too long wait... Maybe you can release 4.1 version with AMD newest drivers support?
   We will try to release an alpha version this week (maybe missing a lot of the new features but at least we will get feedback on what is ready).

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to get REOSC as an alternative ethash for devfee,  I have had to stop using PhoenixMiner on a few older rigs because of the ETH and ETC Dag size being too large and is now unsupported.  I really like the software and would love to be using it once again.  I know of many miners with this similar issue while mining REOSC.  REOSC is a fairly new coin but is an up and coming project with many incentives for savings including Masternodes and accruals on various quantities of deposits.
    We will try to add support for it but in the meantime you can also force another coin for devfee with low DAG size like DBIX (add -coin dbix to your command line or COIN: dbix to the pool line in epools.txt).

Can you add support for Enegi coin? It seems to be a variant of Ethash
    It's definitely in our TODO list but things like ProgPOW are with higher priority.

-gpow resets to 100% after devfee. 4.1c Windows 10 x64 1607 Nvidia 418.81.

update:

-mi 0 does not decrease intensity low enough (-ethi 0-2 claymore is decreasing enough though).
-li 1 not suitable at all usage jumping from low to 100% all the time.

-mi 0 and -gpow 90 works perfectly but resets to 100% usage after devfee.
    Thank you for reporting this. We will try to reproduce it and fix it for the upcoming release of PhoenixMiner.

do you think faster "turbo" kernels will speed up hashing on Vega as well ? Currently turbo kernel is disabled for vega.
   Unfortunately because of the way memory controller on Vega works, there is no increase of hashrate with this optimization.

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Activity: 25
-gpow resets to 100% after devfee. 4.1c Windows 10 x64 1607 Nvidia 418.81.

update:

-mi 0 does not decrease intensity low enough (-ethi 0-2 claymore is decreasing enough though).
-li 1 not suitable at all usage jumping from low to 100% all the time.

-mi 0 and -gpow 90 works perfectly but resets to 100% usage after devfee.
Can you add support for Enegi coin? It seems to be a variant of Ethash
Activity: 4
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to get REOSC as an alternative ethash for devfee,  I have had to stop using PhoenixMiner on a few older rigs because of the ETH and ETC Dag size being too large and is now unsupported.  I really like the software and would love to be using it once again.  I know of many miners with this similar issue while mining REOSC.  REOSC is a fairly new coin but is an up and coming project with many incentives for savings including Masternodes and accruals on various quantities of deposits.
P.S. Phoenix, when we can wait 4.2 version?
  A few weeks. We are waiting to be sure that Radeon VII kernels will work properly (the cards are still not here and won't be for another week), as well for some stability tests for the new hardware control features for AMD and Nvidia cards.
Too long wait... Maybe you can release 4.1 version with AMD newest drivers support?
Activity: 357
Merit: 101
Hi all i have probleme with new version phoenix . With old version on all my r9 290 Trix i have 28  29 mh/s and now i have only 23 mh/s if a member have same probleme and he have resolve whrit here please . Thanks for your help .
      The Hawaii (AMD 290/390) kernels in the latest version are actually even slightly faster in our testing. Unfortunately the 290/390 cards are also susceptible to the DAG-size related hashrate slowdown, so your hashrate will be quite a bit lower if you mine ETH or ETC, which both have DAG size approaching 3 GB. This has nothing to do with the amount of VRAM in the card but with other things (TLB size and page frame size), which can't be changed via the driver as with Polaris cards (4x0/5x0). You should try mining a coin with low DAG size (for example DBIX, Pirl, etc) and will see the same hashrate as before.

If you are not mining ETH or ETC and still seeing lower hashrate, please check the following:
      - remove the -gt parameter to allow PhoenixMiner to find the new optimal -gt value (it can be different than before)
      - check if the card is not overheating or if the power limit is not too low

P.S. Phoenix, when we can wait 4.2 version?
  A few weeks. We are waiting to be sure that Radeon VII kernels will work properly (the cards are still not here and won't be for another week), as well for some stability tests for the new hardware control features for AMD and Nvidia cards.

What best driver for amd rx570 4gb?
Thank!
   Avoid the latest drivers as they aren't properly supported by PhoenixMiner, otherwise there is not much difference between all 18.x.x drivers. We found 18.5.1  to be most stable for us.

Activity: 32
What best driver for amd rx570 4gb?
Thank!
Jump to: