Author

Topic: PhoenixMiner 6.2c: fastest Ethereum/Ethash miner with lowest devfee (Win/Linux) - page 354. (Read 784857 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 3
Hi all i have probleme with new version phoenix . With old version on all my r9 290 Trix i have 28  29 mh/s and now i have only 23 mh/s if a member have same probleme and he have resolve whrit here please . Thanks for your help .

What driver are you using?
What OS?
Did you let the auto tun run?
Did you change any settings after the last auto tune was run?

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Hi all i have probleme with new version phoenix . With old version on all my r9 290 Trix i have 28  29 mh/s and now i have only 23 mh/s if a member have same probleme and he have resolve whrit here please . Thanks for your help .

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Did you changed -gt parameter? Use auto-tune process.

I have -gt parameter set in config.

upd. as it turned out with new version of miner optimal -gt value has changed, it used to be 138, now its 187. So hashrate became the same.
That's what I wrote about...

P.S. Phoenix, when we can wait 4.2 version?
Activity: 312
Merit: 2

I have -gt parameter set in config.

upd. as it turned out with new version of miner optimal -gt value has changed, it used to be 138, now its 187. So hashrate became the same.
There is a performance loss with new version on R9 Fury cards: its only 28M\s now, when it used to be 30M\s, power consumption also dropped by 5-7Wt. Had to roll back to 4.0b.
Activity: 312
Merit: 2
There is a performance loss with new version on R9 Fury cards: its only 28M\s now, when it used to be 30M\s, power consumption also dropped by 5-7Wt. Had to roll back to 4.0b.
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
I'm currently using a Vega 56 with 18.5.1 drivers on Win 10 x64 OS.
Within every 24-48 hours the miner (4.1c) crashes and also crashes Windows.

The card operates at a rather moderate OC: -gt 16 -cclock 1000 -mclock 950 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 800 -powlim -25.
Is there anything I can do to improve stability besides losing the OC?
Anyone else some experience with stabilizing 56s by any chance?
Lower the temperature: -tt 54

Really, you think/know that helps (coming from -tt 60)? Seems pretty low to me, but I'll give it a shot, thanks!
People usually overclock Vega64's memory from 945MHZ to 1100MHz which makes 16.4%
You have overclocked your Vega56's memory from 780MHz or 800MHz to 950MHz which makes 21.8% or 18.8%. It seems to me too much.
Maybe you should try -mclock 908 (for 780MHz base memory frequency) or -mclock 930 (for 800MHz base memory frequency).

On the previous page of the thread Soliqesh offered the following settings for Vega64:
Vega64 - Strix
OverdriveNtool
Core - P7 852/825mv
Memory - P3 1083/825mv

Check also here how people mine with Vegas. Maybe the lower memory frequencies (800 MHz) are for Vega56:
https://minermonitoring.com/benchmark?gpu=Radeon+RX+Vega&software=3874&algo=&type=

The card operates at a rather moderate OC: -gt 16 -cclock 1000 -mclock 950 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 800 -powlim -25.

Really, you think/know that helps (coming from -tt 60)? Seems pretty low to me, but I'll give it a shot, thanks!
This (-tt 60) is the temperature of the GPU Cores. The temperature of the GPU Memory is unknown and higher than this (especially for Vegas where the memory is stacked over the GPU cores), because ETHASH algorithm is extremely memory intensive.
Activity: 7

Activity: 7

Miner needs support for new AMD 19.2.1 drivers.
4.1c with -clKernels 3 didn't start at all.
  We are adding support for 19.2.1 in the 4.2 development version, for now please don't upgrade to 19.2.1. We have also resolved the problems with fan control with the latest AMD drivers (19.x), which will hopefully also solve any fan control issues with the older AMD drivers, which are experienced by some of the PhoenixMiner users.
Thanks! Waiting for 4.2...
Activity: 357
Merit: 101
@Phoenixminer what u think about ETH+BYTOM?

are you preparing a dual solution for ETH + ZIL
cause the ZIL mainnet should start on 31st January

Hey guys, any one compiled support for NRG ( energi ) yet?

I see a bright future for this coin just as eth did back in the day!

Cheers peeps and HODL for now.
   We can't comment on the future support for any new coins as we have been burned in the past by this. We can promise you that we will announce any news if and when we are close to releasing it but not too far in advance to avoid false hopes and disappointment. For example, we have a working ProgPOW implementation in our internal test version and will definitely be released when there is firm date or at least decision about switching any of the major coins to ProgPOW.

I have small drop (1-2%) in hashrate on GTX1070 after switching to 4.1 from 3.5.
Is that normal ?
   It shouldn't be - please check if the hashrate is different if you mine a coin with lower DAG (like UBIQ, etc) or test with -bench 100 for example and then compare with -bench 250 results. We are noticing a small drop in the hashrate of the GTX10x0 cards with ever increasing DAG size but nothing major, so this may be the reason. Also, the Nvidia kernels were changed in the newer versions so this can conceivably be a reason too but in our testing GTX1070 is actually faster with the new drivers. We may provide a way to switch between the different kernel implementations like with -clkernel for AMD cards to solve similar issues with strange card behavior.

We are adding support for 19.2.1 in the 4.2 development version, for now please don't upgrade to 19.2.1. We have also resolved the problems with fan control with the latest AMD drivers (19.x), which will hopefully also solve any fan control issues with the older AMD drivers, which are experienced by some of the PhoenixMiner users.
Activity: 37
Hey guys, any one compiled support for NRG ( energi ) yet?

I see a bright future for this coin just as eth did back in the day!

Cheers peeps and HODL for now.
Activity: 48
Hello,
I can't get my Vega (56&64 reference card) stable. My rig is always crashing.
Could you share your card clock and memory and the best parameters of the minerfor these cards.
Thanks
Vega64 - Strix
OverdriveNtool
Core - P7 852/825mv
Memory - P3 1083/825mv

Thanks ! 852 core frequency ? What is your hashrate with these settings ?

43.9mh, memory samsung.
Activity: 105
Hello,
Could you share your card clock and memory and the best parameters of the minerfor these cards.
Thanks
Vega64 - Strix
OverdriveNtool
Core - P7 852/825mv
Memory - P3 1083/825mv

Thanks ! 852 core frequency ? What is your hashrate with these settings ?
Activity: 48
Hello,
Thanks
Vega64 - Strix
OverdriveNtool
Core - P7 852/825mv
Memory - P3 1083/825mv
Activity: 105
Hello,
Thanks
Jump to: