Pages:
Author

Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - Cast Your Vote Now! - Ends 10th September 14 - page 3. (Read 19737 times)

legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
Not to whine about this or anything...but noticed weird two occurences of winning logo on Coinographic account on Aug 20th and 26th...hmmm...did they already know the winner back then? Ok, put it as a picture with links to thread makes sense...but repeat it again with story about Bitcoin poker....?

Mr. iawgoM if you remember I was not even in the first five. I think all of this is just a coincidence.
I agree; since he wasn't even in the original 5, it must be coincidence. There's not much to go on here.
congrats again Mr. BAU Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Just saying, just saying...

Btw. since you mentioned that you were inspired by swiss watch...are you Swiss? Wink

No, but I own one.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Not to whine about this or anything...but noticed weird two occurences of winning logo on Coinographic account on Aug 20th and 26th...hmmm...did they already know the winner back then? Ok, put it as a picture with links to thread makes sense...but repeat it again with story about Bitcoin poker....?

Mr. iawgoM if you remember I was not even in the first five. I think all of this is just a coincidence.

Just saying, just saying...

Btw. since you mentioned that you were inspired by swiss watch...are you Swiss? Wink

Activity: 602

Activity: 334
Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words and support.  I must admit we were a little concerned as to what reaction the announcement would have.  I'n the end we just went with what we felt was right.

We will be hosting another competition within a few weeks for a lower denomination coin design.  Watch this space!

Good call, you handled that superbly, everyone should realise how lucky we are to have a company like Coinographic involved in the Crypto scene and I hope those who can afford it will support him by purchasing some of their coins...

and of course a BIG congratulations to Mr Bau, I look forward to purchasing your finished coin:)
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
I dont blame Coinographic for his decision. I proposed the agreement in full transparency with him and made it clear that it was OK for it to be made public.  I felt it was the best, and wouldn't be seen as overly controversial, instead taking away controversy by equally rewarding the top performers. I was mistaken, and I accept the disqualification stance.

Congrats to Mr. BAU!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

There is too much detail on the gears and it will wear on the die that you may not get the design after all or in any easy means. It wouldn't surprise me if the gears started to break on the die itself when pressing into the metal.

I can assure you that I'll work with Mr. Coinographic to find a way to make the design work on a coin. If you look at the coins he already made, there are small details too, maybe not as many as in this coin.
We will see, I'm waiting for more details from Mr. Coinographic on how we will do this.

My whole point is this design will likely not look much like it does now on a real coin from a detail aspect.

There is too much detail on the gears and it will wear on the die that you may not get the design after all or in any easy means. It wouldn't surprise me if the gears started to break on the die itself when pressing into the metal.

I can assure you that I'll work with Mr. Coinographic to find a way to make the design work on a coin. If you look at the coins he already made, there are small details too, maybe not as many as in this coin.
We will see, I'm waiting for more details from Mr. Coinographic on how we will do this.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
congrats to the winner !

Design Sixteen by Mr.BAU

As worldtreasurefinders has said, you will have a tough time getting an easy run of this design as is.

Activity: 508
I did actually purchase the full license from shuttershock images which allows me to use the design unlimited for merchandising.

Would be curious to see a proof of that... lol
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Physical Digital Currency
I look forward to the final product and would like to know when they are available to purchase.

In our experience it will take around 3 months from today before the product is in our hands.  2-3 weeks working on the final product design and then 8-10 weeks for the tooling and manufacture of the individual components required for assembly.

We will probably follow the same release structure as we did for our 25L coin;
Finish product design and begin manufacturing process
Open auctions for coins 2-10 on bitcointalk & open pre-orders on website.  We will try and time the auction end time with us having the coins in stock so they can be shipped immediately after the auction end.

As these coins are very valuable we do not intend to keep more then 10 coins in-stock at any one time;

When the coins will be in-stock we will be able to deliver within about 10 days (we will send each one off for engraving and hallmarking after each order is received)

When coins are out of stock they will be delivered within about 40 days from ordering

That's our plan right now, but nothing is set in stone yet
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Physical Digital Currency
Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words and support.  I must admit we were a little concerned as to what reaction the announcement would have.  I'n the end we just went with what we felt was right.

We will be hosting another competition within a few weeks for a lower denomination coin design.  Watch this space!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Congrats Mr. Bau! I'm really happy to see this. Cheesy

Good job Coinographic with resolving issues with the competition.  I think you did what was most fair in the end and most of us can agree with that. Do you still plan on doing more competitions here in the future?  I hope the drama didn't discourage you too much. Smiley

One thing though, I looked at the spreadsheet and noticed BTC-Graphicsdesigns vote for me was not included.  I assume it got taken down for her getting disqualified, but thought the spreadsheet should reflect that.  Thanks & congrats to all the winners!
Activity: 700
Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill
Congratulations to Mr. Bau. on a very nice coin indeed.

Coinographic- I must say, in regards to the way you came back and handled this....

Well done!

I look forward to the final product and would like to know when they are available to purchase.
Activity: 266
This is the best possible outcome. I'm glad to see MrBaus design win. Congrats MrBau and to all the runners up.

Coinographic, with everything considered, I think you handled things well. Thank you for putting on this contest and I can't wait for the next one.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Congratulations Mr. BAU

Great to see this contest ending properly, well done Coinographic.
I'm so surprised with the outcome that I don't know what to say.
Thank you Mr. Coinographic for setting up this contest and Congratulation to all runner ups.

My coin has some problems right now, but I hope to work with Mr. Coinographic to fix them and have a worthy design for Bitcoin.
I do want to point out that this coin is a Swiss Watch design.

Activity: 190
Merit: 12
congrats to the winner !

Design Sixteen by Mr.BAU

Activity: 40
congrats Mr. Bau and the other runners up.
Pages:
Jump to: