Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 3. (Read 82931 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Hey miners! Hope you are underway on some time off, or getting the rigs refreshed, or eating and drinking with a few loved ones.

We had some nice gains today, with BTC all new high of $26,000 USD.

We also have had several pimps reporting good mining on the newer AMD generation GPUs like the Vega and VII. Although they had to do some intermediate/advanced tuning, we have lots of miners in the community to offer guidance. You can be mining like the experts with not much experience as well - we are very proud of our community members that learn fast and volunteer to help others.

Over the holiday We have been working hard on our infrastructure to handle the increased capacity. Mining interest continues to increase and we hope that you tell your friends about us so we can continue to fund this fun project and bring your requests, and our ideas, to life.

Also of note, we enabled the "Membership Screening" feature on discord due to a lot of spam bots, to keep us all safe. Hope this doesn't prevent anyone from joining our chat. You can always Reply to order email if you get stuck.

Thanks again all, and continue to enjoy your holidays! Happy mining Smiley

~ melt

Just started my first rig from some spare hardware laying around and Pimp License.

Some helpful peeps in the Discord got me the last mile and it's rolling.

Pretty happy mining virgin here. Pretty painless.

Hey Fragabond,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to mining! We greatly appreciate your support.

P.S. This all started with one little rig.... Smiley 

See you in the Discord! Place is jumping with these all time coin prices for sure.

Thank you,

~ melt
Hi,

Does anyone know where i can see a full list of algos supported?

Can you buy with BTC?

Hi minerja, thanks for your questions Smiley

If you look at the Original Post we have updated it with the current list of miners that are integrated with PIMP but i'll put it below. These managed profiles are working sandbox examples you can use to test and then you put your own pool/wallet info into the cfg file using our tools. Each miner supports various algorithms and hardware. We are happy to help you choose by making recommendations.

We have always accepted crypto and paypal for payment. Both PiMP OS purchases at getpimp.org/shop/pimp and miner.farm subscriptions use CoinPayments.net merchant for checkout. We are very fortunate to say we have never had any issue with them, very very highly recommend.  Currently I think we have enabled BTC, ETH, XMR, and a few others. The reason we have to limit is due to the fact that we calculate and pay income tax on the crypto income. We have developed a nice system with our Crypto Accountant, Brash, who makes sure we are always compliant. BTW: He is available to answer any of your crypto tax questions, email to ask at getpimp.org Smiley

Hope this information helps you find your way to our community! Take care.

~ melt

---
Miner profiles included with PIMP:

# pimp --add
Platform type: mixed
Profiles available to add:
  ID Name
1101 (amd) sgminer-gm: multialgo [sgminer.multi.conf]
1201 (amd) teamredminer: cryptonights/phi2/lyra2z [teamredminer.pcfg]
1251 (amd) cast-xmr: cryptonights [cast-xmr.pcfg]
1321 (amd) sgminer-fancyix: phi2/lyra2z/allium/x22i/lyra2h [sgminer-fancyix.conf]
1701 (amd) claymore xmr amd: cryptonights [claymore.xmr.amd.pcfg]
1871 (amd/nvi) wildrig-multi: bcd/x16/x22i/more [wildrig-multi.mix.pcfg]
1872 (amd) wildrig-multi: bcd/x16/x22i/more [wildrig-multi.amd.pcfg]
1873 (nvi) wildrig-multi: bcd/x16/x22i/more [wildrig-multi.nvi.pcfg]
1961 (amd) avermore x16r/x16s [avermore.conf]
2101 (nvi) ccminer: multialgo [ccminer.multi.pcfg]
2401 (amd/nvi) claymore dual: eth+dcr/lbry/sia/pasc/blake2s [claymore-dual.mix.pcfg]
2402 (amd) claymore dual: eth+dcr/lbry/sia/pasc/blake2s [claymore-dual.amd.pcfg]
2403 (nvi) claymore dual: eth+dcr/lbry/sia/pasc/blake2s [claymore-dual.nvi.pcfg]
2451 (amd/nvi) ethminer: ethash [ethminer.mix.pcfg]
2452 (amd) ethminer: ethash [ethminer.amd.pcfg]
2453 (nvi) ethminer: ethash [ethminer.nvi.pcfg]
2501 (nvi) ewbf: equihash (btg/btz) [ewbf.equihash.pcfg]
2511 (amd) bminer (pimp 2.8+): ethash/ycash/equihash/btm/beam/grin/dcr/xvg [bminer.amd.pcfg]
2512 (nvi) bminer (pimp 2.8+): ethash/ycash/equihash/btm/beam/grin/dcr/xvg [bminer.nvi.pcfg]
2531 (amd/nvi) gminer: equihash/beam/grin [gminer.mix.pcfg]
2532 (amd) gminer: equihash/beam/grin [gminer.amd.pcfg]
2533 (nvi) gminer: equihash/beam/grin [gminer.nvi.pcfg]
2601 (nvi) zenemy: x16r/x16s/tribus/xevan/c11/more [zenemy.multi.pcfg]
2701 (nvi) cryptodredge: cryptonights/lyra2v2/phi/more [cryptodredge.pcfg]
2801 (nvi) t-rex: x16r/x22i/hmq1725/x17/phi/more [t-rex.pcfg]
2901 (amd/nvi) nbminer: ethash/bytom/grin/swap [nbminer.mix.pcfg]
2902 (amd) nbminer: ethash/bytom/grin/swap [nbminer.amd.pcfg]
2903 (nvi) nbminer: ethash/bytom/grin/swap [nbminer.nvi.pcfg]
3101 (cpu) cpuminer-multi: xmr [cpuminer-multi.xmr.pcfg]
3102 (cpu) cpuminer-multi: aeon [cpuminer-multi.aeon.pcfg]
3121 (cpu) cpuminer-opt: multialgo [cpuminer-opt.pcfg]
3151 (cpu) xmrig-cpu: cryptonights [xmrig.cpu.pcfg]
3152 (amd) xmrig-amd: cryptonights [xmrig.amd.pcfg]
3153 (nvi) xmrig-nvidia: cryptonights [xmrig.nvi.pcfg]
3161 (cpu) xmrig-proxy: cryptonights [xmrig-proxy.pcfg]
3201 (amd) xmr-aeonstak: cryptonights by indeedminers [xmr-aeonstak.amd.pcfg]
3202 (cpu) xmr-aeonstak: cryptonights by indeedminers [xmr-aeonstak.cpu.pcfg]
3203 (nvi) xmr-aeonstak: cryptonights by indeedminers [xmr-aeonstak.nvi.pcfg]
3251 (amd) xmr-stak: cryptonights by fireiceuk [xmr-stak.amd.pcfg]
3252 (cpu) xmr-stak: cryptonights by fireiceuk [xmr-stak.cpu.pcfg]
3253 (nvi) xmr-stak: cryptonights by fireiceuk [xmr-stak.nvi.pcfg]
3261 (amd) xmr-stak-rx: randomx by fireiceuk [xmr-stak-rx.amd.pcfg]
3262 (cpu) xmr-stak-rx: randomx by fireiceuk [xmr-stak-rx.cpu.pcfg]
3263 (nvi) xmr-stak-rx: randomx by fireiceuk [xmr-stak-rx.nvi.pcfg]
3301 (amd/nvi) progpowminer: bci [progpow.mix.pcfg]
3302 (amd) progpowminer: bci [progpow.amd.pcfg]
3303 (nvi) progpowminer: bci [progpow.nvi.pcfg]
3401 (amd/nvi) lolminer: multialgo (beam/btcz/btcp) [lolminer.mix.pcfg]
3402 (amd) lolminer: multialgo (beam/btcz/btcp) [lolminer.amd.pcfg]
3403 (nvi) lolminer: multialgo (beam/btcz/btcp) [lolminer.nvi.pcfg]
3501 (amd/nvi) phoenixminer: dual eth/ubq+dcr/lbry/sia/pasc/blake2s [phoenixminer.mix.pcfg]
3502 (amd) phoenixminer: dual eth/ubq+dcr/lbry/sia/pasc/blake2s [phoenixminer.amd.pcfg]
3503 (nvi) phoenixminer: dual eth/ubq+dcr/lbry/sia/pasc/blake2s [phoenixminer.nvi.pcfg]
5101 (asic) bfgminer: for usb gridseed/asics [bfg.gsd.conf]
5102 (asic) bfgminer: for usb zeus/asics [bfg.zeus.conf]
5151 (asic) bfgminer: for usb futurebit asics [bfg.futurebit.conf]
5211 (asic) cgminer-dmaxl: for usb gridseed asics [cgminer.gsd.conf]
5221 (asic) cgminer-dmaxl: for usb zeus asics [cgminer.zeus.conf]
5301 (asic) cgminer-gekko: for usb gekkoscience 2pac asics [cgminer.gekko.conf]
5321 (asic) cgminer-ckolivas: for usb nanofury SHA-256 asics [cgminer.nanofury.conf]
Usage: pimp --add [Profile ID]
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Hi,

Does anyone know where i can see a full list of algos supported?

Can you buy with BTC?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Just started my first rig from some spare hardware laying around and Pimp License.

Some helpful peeps in the Discord got me the last mile and it's rolling.

Pretty happy mining virgin here. Pretty painless.
copper member
Activity: 4

Thanks for the kind words! We are proud of the stability, easier pimpup updates, as well as the helpme diagnostics, which the PiMPs say are the top reasons they switch from windows.

Lots more new features to come! the helpme 3.0 version uses a entire new app framework and is super mobile friendly Smiley

Talk soon, we'll be posting our thoughts here by request of the users to have more news about whats coming. By miners, for miners!

P.S. the crate from my FIRST RIG in 2012 is still mining!

Thank you,

~  melt
getpimp.org/miner.farm DevOps Engineer

[/quote]

Melt,
Thanks for providing such a great product.
I'm curious to hear about all those new features... It seems like there is always something new in the works.

Yes, it is a whole different world compared to Windows mining. You don't realize the potential of mining until you move from using Windows to an OS like PimpOS which is designed from the ground up just for mining. They even had the 4gb cards running mining ETH up until about a week ago which is far longer then they were on running.

I just installed it and I'm very happily running the new PiMP OS 2.24. (there is a huge difference from my W10 Rigs, no more freezing/updates unscheduled and different drivers issues).
Now, I can start the updates whenever I want . I love PimpOS, and on top of that their support (24/7) are amazing, there is many tips regarding how to configure your miners and debug your GPUs and if you can't fix it by your own, they will help you. Keep up your good job guys, you are the best !
Keep up the great work.
Merry Xmas PiMP crew !!
Happy new year !  (We hope will be a better new year for everyone ! )
10x,
Cata

Thanks for the kind words! We are proud of the stability, easier pimpup updates, as well as the helpme diagnostics, which the PiMPs say are the top reasons they switch from windows.

Lots more new features to come! the helpme 3.0 version uses a entire new app framework and is super mobile friendly Smiley

Talk soon, we'll be posting our thoughts here by request of the users to have more news about whats coming. By miners, for miners!

P.S. the crate from my FIRST RIG in 2012 is still mining!

Thank you,

~  melt
getpimp.org/miner.farm DevOps Engineer
copper member
Yes, it is a whole different world compared to Windows mining. You don't realize the potential of mining until you move from using Windows to an OS like PimpOS which is designed from the ground up just for mining. They even had the 4gb cards running mining ETH up until about a week ago which is far longer then they were on running.

I just installed it and I'm very happily running the new PiMP OS 2.24. (there is a huge difference from my W10 Rigs, no more freezing/updates unscheduled and different drivers issues).
Now, I can start the updates whenever I want . I love PimpOS, and on top of that their support (24/7) are amazing, there is many tips regarding how to configure your miners and debug your GPUs and if you can't fix it by your own, they will help you. Keep up your good job guys, you are the best !
Keep up the great work.
Merry Xmas PiMP crew !!
10x,
Cata

Activity: 1
Keep up the great work.
Merry Xmas PiMP crew !!
10x,
Cata
copper member
I've been a long time miner using PimpOS on up to 14 mining rigs at one time. Software has always been solid for years and just continues to get better. The new version is definitely another step forward in the effort to continuously improve the experience and provide the most up to date drivers and miners available with the tools to get the most out of your mining.
I've seen and used many others and there is nothing like the stability of PimpOS to bring your mining rigs to their maximum potential.

Have just installed and am happily running the NEW PiMP OS 2.24.
SOOOOO smooth and the stability is amazing. Well done to the PiMP family.
Loving the support on the discord channels.. there's someone there to chat all things mining almost 24/7.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks and Merry Xmas PiMP crew !! Smiley

Thanks for all your feedback on the OS and on miner.farm Broomey! We greatly appreciate it. Bless you and your familys Christmas and New Year and any other holiday celebrations that you have ~ I celebrate everyones holidays Smiley

We got a lot coming as lily said and we'll be thankful to have you on our testing team for the new hotness soon to come in 2021!

~ melt
Miner.farm/PIMP OS DevOps and Support
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
Have just installed and am happily running the NEW PiMP OS 2.24.
SOOOOO smooth and the stability is amazing. Well done to the PiMP family.
Loving the support on the discord channels.. there's someone there to chat all things mining almost 24/7.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks and Merry Xmas PiMP crew !! Smiley
Activity: 59
I hope the new year brings great things to miners everywhere!

We have a brand new 2.24.0 image to mine with, but that isnt all we have been working on...

The 3.x image is coming!
Built on the latest Ubuntu 20 with the latest drivers, it will include refreshed versions of our most popular tools and some amazing new ones too!
Most importantly, the 3.x image will be subscription based - a highly requested change we are ready to provide!
We are very excited to bring you the most up to date alt coin mining distribution available anywhere Smiley Watch this space!

Thanks,
Lily
Hey miners! Hope you are in the holiday spirit - we hope that you have the best that you can under the various curveballs life throws at us. We're your partners and friends, and happy to talk coin, mining, code, hardware, and tech with you any time - come say hi in the discord chat (or IRC if you really dont love discord as much as we do! its relayed.)

Happy All new High BTC price! Wow!!

Just wanted to say thanks for continued support ~ we are proud to be mining's longest running OS, and sadly minings best kept secret since 2012 (Can you tell your friends about us?) We have a lot of stuff that's almost ready to release, and we appreciate you sticking around to see it!  We also really are grateful for the feedback about the latest PIMP OS 2.24 stability and support for the new cards. Keep it coming, we're always available to talk coin.

We'll be a little more active here so you know what's coming in the pipeline for 2021. Hope you love it!

~ Your friends at getpimp miner.farm

Hey miners! We've been hard at work as always and thanks to the team we're proud to provide the most stable PIMP OS yet!

Does your original PIMP key from years ago still work? Yep! Go ahead and refresh your rig with the latest version by clearing your rig count in your miner.farm account page while you're grabbing the download Smiley

Here's the details:

IMAGE 2.24: RELEASED 2020-12-05
Changes from 2.15:

Added support to allow onboard GPU to be enabled and/or display the desktop on most onboard GPUs
Added AMD ROCm 3.5.50 drivers and utilities
Added mining support for amd 5600/5700/vii (not gputool support, coming soon, use the other tools in /opt/pimp in meantime)
Added some beta team features and packages by default
Added mc, nnn file managers
Added glxinfo tool for diagnostics troubleshooting
Updated Ubuntu to 18.04.5 LTS
Updated all system packages, software, confs, and miners to currently available
Updated AMDGPU-PRO drivers to v20.10
Updated CUDA to v11.0 and added 10.2 support for backwards compatibility
Updated NVIDIA drivers to 450.80.02
Updated Linux Kernel to 5.0.0-31, removed HWE kernel
Updated amdmeminfo, amdmemtweak, tmate, and teleconsole utilities
Updated ufw firewall to be enabled by default
Updated minerfarm agent to enable verbose --logging by default
Updated default configs to new sandbox pools using confgen
Removed dstm, nsgminer and old xmrig forks as no longer used
Removed dhcp:no from default static netplan config, not needed

Special thanks to the PIMP Beta team for extensive QA on this build!

~ melt (DevOps Engineer, Portable Instant Mining Platform)
Thank you for supporting miner.farm! Mining's best kept secret since 2012.
Come join mining friends talking coins on the Miner Farm Discord: https colon slash slash discord.me slash pimp

Activity: 26
RX470's and 570's all hashing ETH nice and stable. Getting 28.2mh/s @ 52w on the 470's, and 28.5mh/s @ 75w. Thanks for all the Discord live chat support you and the PiMP team (and other PiMP miners) have given me. Keeps me well informed and gives me the confidence to play and learn. The Miner.Farm remote management is fantastic. Loving all the latest weekly updates and the constant "heads-up" on what's coming and how to mine it, or general how-to guides. The PiMP forum is like my bible. Keep up the good work!! PiMP ROCKS!! Smiley

Settings below for anyone that needs them...

Sapphire RX470 4gb - Hynix memory - PBE One-Click - Core 1025, Mem 2025. No undervolting (just haven't bothered on these 470's yet)

MSI RX570 4gb Armor - Samsung memory - PBE One-Click - Core 1040, Mem 1960. Both core and mem at 800mv.
These will run nice and cool and stable at the above.. But I have had and got them running 1060@812mv and 2025@800mv stable, but warmer.

Hope that helps some of you. Smiley

Interesting numbers for the RX470, thanks for sharing Broomey! Thinking about replacing some old GTX970 with RX470, this make me more inspired to do so  Smiley
Agree that the Discord live chat is fantastic, real people and real answers from thouse who know what they are talking about, really apreciate that!

All the best!
Activity: 21
RX470's and 570's all hashing ETH nice and stable. Getting 28.2mh/s @ 52w on the 470's, and 28.5mh/s @ 75w. Thanks for all the Discord live chat support you and the PiMP team (and other PiMP miners) have given me. Keeps me well informed and gives me the confidence to play and learn. The Miner.Farm remote management is fantastic. Loving all the latest weekly updates and the constant "heads-up" on what's coming and how to mine it, or general how-to guides. The PiMP forum is like my bible. Keep up the good work!! PiMP ROCKS!! Smiley

Settings below for anyone that needs them...

Sapphire RX470 4gb - Hynix memory - PBE One-Click - Core 1025, Mem 2025. No undervolting (just haven't bothered on these 470's yet)

MSI RX570 4gb Armor - Samsung memory - PBE One-Click - Core 1040, Mem 1960. Both core and mem at 800mv.
These will run nice and cool and stable at the above.. But I have had and got them running 1060@812mv and 2025@800mv stable, but warmer.

Hope that helps some of you. Smiley
New kawpow running rocksolid on my pimp rigs with RX480 and also the GTX-1070.
Appreciate that it is just running  Smiley

Thanks agkbill for your support. It's really great to hear about the stability, since that is one of our hallmarks.

Stay tuned, we've got lots of things about 75% done and cant wait to unveil new tools so managing rigs is easier and easier.

- New configuration management
- Backup/restore
- All new Best-in-Class Helpme 3!
- Better PRICING!

In the meantime we have all the latest miners released every MINERFARM MONDAY! We are working on a miner version / pimp news improvement to better communicate which ones get updated. Coming soon!

PIMP and Miner.farm - get the word out, we dont want to be the Best Kept Secret in Mining since 2012!

~ melt
Partner, DevOps Engineer
getpimp.org | miner.farm

Activity: 26
New kawpow running rocksolid on my pimp rigs with RX480 and also the GTX-1070.
Appreciate that it is just running  Smiley
Thank you for clarifications.

If you ever need to beta test Pimp versions on HW,  I have some cards that I can setup in two separate rigs ( various vendors, MSi, Gigabyte)

Thanks for offering ~ We are always looking for more folks that love to tinker with rigs and the latest drivers and code... Join our discord and say hello!

~ melt
getpimp.org | miner.farm
Pages:
Jump to: