Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 9. (Read 82931 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
How many RX 4xx GPUs does work in PiMPos on one mainboard maximum? Its work with ASUS expert B250 19 GPU motherboard?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
What parts of your OS is not GPL/open source?

hello eddex

this info can all be found on our forum and if you ask one of the devs on our discord

hope this helps you as there are some things that can be open and some things that can't and a dev or some reading could give you a better explination about this then i ever could

regards dbct
Activity: 31
What parts of your OS is not GPL/open source?
hello FirstRigger

thanks for reaching out you are in luck because our gputool is now also for the amd including the way to see the what usage.
undervolting well this can be done in the sgminer or setting the power limit to -20%
spec question and card specific questions are better asked on the pimp forums to get feedback of your fella pimps.

as far as i can tell this is normal for a rx580 basic will do under full load about 271 doing this 12 times will give you a power need of 3250 Watt so depending on what mods you are running on the vbios of your cards i would say your doing ok

source : https://tweakers.net/reviews/5353/9/amd-radeon-rx-580-en-rx-570-rebrand-met-iets-snellere-chips-verbruik.html

with kinds regards,

dbct

Hi Guys,

my 12x RX580 Nitro+ run stable and perfect with other linux distro now.
But I see, that PIMP has more and better feature, also I will try it.

Undervolting is okay with pimp? What power usage do you have from wall - spec with RX580 cards?
I have 357MH/s and 1900 watt from wall by only ETH. (ETH+DEC 356/7100 @ 2230watt from wall)
I find my wattage high. Or?

Hashrate can be the same as with other linux distros? (~29-30MH with timings mod)

Thank you.
Activity: 268
eah, we ll try it soon.
nice naming  Cheesy

good luck for devs
Trick or Treat! Come unwrap your delicious new releases! You’ll be making more coins in no time.

Major Support Revamp!

The PiMP Forum has given a new home to crypto fans and miners! We built out a modern, mobile friendly, well-organized and professionally maintained forum for all PiMPs to share ideas and to make it even faster and easier to mine with PiMP and miner.farm! Big thanks to Anjin, Emily, and Dbct for this treasure. We also use Single-Sign-on so you can easily use your getpimp.org account username and password on the forum.

All major bugs fixed:
AMD UEFI and 5+ GPU support, 4G decoding, AMD ETH DAG fix, networking issues on validation. ALL FIXED!

PiMP 2.3 is here! New images. New kernels. New NVIDIA drivers. New AMDGPU drivers. New overclocking tools. All served with the same support and community included with all of our PiMP and Miner.Farm products! And all with the time-tested quality assurance you are accustomed to with PiMP software for all these years.

Simpler versioning: No more rc numbers. 2.3.30 is the build number for these releases.

PiMP OS for AMD Gets a much much needed overhaul: The 2.3 AMD release works for all supported AMD cards.

PiMP 2.0 is now retired: In other words, you can now have a 390 and a RX-470 in your PiMP 2.3-amd rig. You can also have 7xxx and 2xx series cards in the same rig but they may underperform on the amdgpu driver.

TO DOWNLOAD: Go to your https://getpimp.org/home-landing/my-downloads page.

PIMP OS for NVIDIA: nothing major here, just incorporated all of the previous bug fixes, features, optimizations and updates since v2.2.2-nvidia (v2.2-rc2-nvidia)

Crypto Mining and PiMP have had ROCKET growth in 2017:

In 2017 so far, PiMP received several major version releases: 1.9/2.0 were released as a set supporting legacy and modern AMD GPUs (See: Which PiMP is right for you), followed by 2.1 released supporting NVidia. During this time we saw record numbers in growth, as the preferred mining platform to support nvidia users for Linux! In the meantime we had some major growth in NVidia mining needs and we addressed those needs with the 2.2-nvidia release.

During this time, some of our users experienced difficulty with stability due to explosive growth based on our features and performance. In response, we expanded the team with more subject matter experts, redesigned and deployed our infrastructure, and have been experiencing smooth sailing since. 

Alongside this rocket growth, Miner.Farm has seen great improvements in fixes, structure, and setup. Improvements have streamlined the product to be able to handle even the most hardened miners out there. Sign up for a free account with Miner.Farm and capture realtime graphing of your rig’s performance!

Highlighted infrastructure updates:

Miner.farm code has been getting multiple overhauls at each component to provide more network robustness, security, and accuracy.
We’ve upgraded our server fleet to handle the 100+ rig farms we have running simultaneously online.  We are constantly evaluating, testing, and improving the infrastructure.
The download servers have been upgraded and scale with demand to ensure swift download and install.
We are evaluating and working with a number of payment processors such as Coinpayments, Stripe, and Coinbase to improve the sales and subscription processes.

Highlighted new features:

`gputool` has been completely rebuilt, and now will set clocks and fans on both Nvidia and AMD cards. If you were using other scripts or other methods to set fans or clocks, switch to `gputool` for the latest feature support. (For details how to use gputool, Check out our gputool post in forum.getpimp.org’s Overclocking section.)

Are your stats wrong? Are you getting 0mh/s but the miner is running? Does it say screen is terminating without starting the miner? Does the miner not run? Does the miner screen exit? Here is how to fix it in 4 quick steps:

1. Run the command `pimpup` in the terminal and update both the PiMP software, as well as the miner you are running.

2. Does this profile run fine with the defaults? For example, profile 2501 uses ewbfminer and you can restore the default config with: del nvidia.ewbf.zcash.pcfg and then run it with: `pimp --test 1`   (if it is miner id #1 in the `pimp --list`).

3. If `pimp --test 1` does not show you the right information you can go a step further and run without stats and without the screen. This is just for testing: `pimp --debug 1`

4. If you run fine with the default conf then you know it's your conf that is the problem. Double check it with checkconf command.

If you’re having any other problems, come join us in our Discord Channel!https://discord.gg/grCbFsA

You can now add and remove miners on the miner.farm website! To add a miner, the Agent Settings panel now displays the GPUs in the agent host, and allows you to add miners using the profiles on the rig. Miners can be removed from the Miner Settings panel. (See the miner.farm section on the forum for an easy guide.)

Check out more hardware details about your rigs on your miner.farm panel by clicking the Miner Settings button on a rig in your Farm view.

STAY ON TOP OF THE LATEST UPDATES

PiMPUP reminder - stay on top of the latest updates by entering “pimpup” in your terminal screen.

COMMUNITY NEWS:

Chat in real-time with other miner.farm members from around the world and the dev team by joining our Discord Channel!
We are pleased to have created a new PiMP Beta team to increase the quality, stop bugs, and streamline testing and releasing of updates and new images. So far we have had a nice range of miners from relatively new hobby miners, to large garage pimps, to the largest megawatt datacenters running hundreds of PIMP rigs!
blackice has been promoted from Beta to Testing/Support team and has been helping pimps on the forum and the discord with a great attitude. Special thanks to blackice!

FINAL SIGN-OFF

With being one of the first platforms to support Linux users, and the explosion of the Nvidia market this year, we’re excited to see lots of new great miners with great ideas for how to use our tools to optimize your mining experience.  In the future, you can expect to see us feature cool new rig designs and some awesome workshop articles.

Thank you for being a part of the PiMP community. We appreciate each of you and we cheer for your success.

melt
CEO, Portable Instant Mining Platform
mail: [email protected]

------------------------
Activity: 25
Hi Guys,

my 12x RX580 Nitro+ run stable and perfect with other linux distro now.
But I see, that PIMP has more and better feature, also I will try it.

Undervolting is okay with pimp? What power usage do you have from wall - spec with RX580 cards?
I have 357MH/s and 1900 watt from wall by only ETH. (ETH+DEC 356/7100 @ 2230watt from wall)
I find my wattage high. Or?

Hashrate can be the same as with other linux distros? (~29-30MH with timings mod)

Thank you.
hello jenia1

thanks for reaching out
the short answer is yes .
there are multiple that do this  like this one https://miner.farm/farmer/4/farmstatus?node=44544 on our public farm , the miner there is running a 12 card rig

with kind regards,

dbct
Activity: 504
Merit: 267
HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!
Ok, thanks for your answer. So there is no need to switch from Windows, as long as I can run 8 NVIDIA GPUs there rock stable.
I was thinking about if 10 or 12 GPUs would be possible in PiMP, but as it seems, not.

Unsure about how Linux, hardware and drivers will play, but we set our limit to 128 GPUs. If your rig is running fine today and doing everything you need, you're good to go. Tomorrow things may change for you and we will be here when you need. Thank you for your interest!

so well it work with 12 GPUs or not? as far as i know linux does support 12 GPU RIGS but i might be wrong..
hello kshadr

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Yes we have a userguide https://getpimp.org/guide2/ here the things are explained.
We are currently working around the clock to simplify everything so you can find and get your rig up and running.
As for the working confs well all the default implanted confs (best used first time to see if your rig is setup good on the hardware side before changing it to your own pool and settings).

On the question about the no permission well please login to your account at getpimp.org and then ask the question then you will have the permission.
Also for this one same as above we are working on a way to address this as well.

join us at discord for more direct help https://discord.gg/grCbFsA

To answer the question of your rig underperforming i would like to know  what version you are running what cards you are using, this is easy done by sending us a helpme link more info on this is also found in the userguide and on discord by typing !helpme .

To say something is unsupported is not something i would agree for there are many ways to get support the fastest way being discord and type !support then the support team will be alerted and will contact you in the chat to help you with your problem to get you mining once more.

The nicehash Auto Switching is at the moment not a thing at this time do to the fact that this is restricted to the sgminer we will make a guide on how to do this as soon as possible , other great miners like claymore don't support this unfortunally

To sum it all up to get the best support is following the guide that is in place on the site at the moment and on the miner by typing newpimp also please do watch the vids that are there to get you mining the easy way

with kind regards,

dbct
Hello guys. I was wandering, what version of PiMP to buy in order to use 4 rx470 and 1 295x2 on the same rig. I am kind of lost with the versions and their compatibility.

Thanks
-N-

hello npittas

unfortunally i have to tell you that that combo may not work best chance however would be the 2.0 amdgpu version
come over to our irc or our discord and i will be more then happy to help you and answer your questions on there.

with kind regards,

dbct
Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Ok, thanks for your answer. So there is no need to switch from Windows, as long as I can run 8 NVIDIA GPUs there rock stable.
I was thinking about if 10 or 12 GPUs would be possible in PiMP, but as it seems, not.

Unsure about how Linux, hardware and drivers will play, but we set our limit to 128 GPUs. If your rig is running fine today and doing everything you need, you're good to go. Tomorrow things may change for you and we will be here when you need. Thank you for your interest!
Activity: 184
Merit: 101
How many NVIDIA GPUs does work in PiMP on one mainboard maximum?

We have a ton of people with 6 of them, just like the AMD cards, and other Linux platforms, 6 seems to be the sweet spot for stability.

Here is an example farm with lots of 1070s.

https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus

I hope this helps you. Have a great day!

Activity: 184
Merit: 101
How many NVIDIA GPUs does work in PiMP on one mainboard maximum?
Hello guys. I was wandering, what version of PiMP to buy in order to use 4 rx470 and 1 295x2 on the same rig. I am kind of lost with the versions and their compatibility.

Thanks
-N-

Hey, thanks for your interest, npittas!

Well... You can thank AMD for this one... We surely have!

But you cannot have those GPU in the same rig.  2xx series require fglrx driver which is in pimp 1.9 and does not work with new version of ubuntu like we use...   And the RX4xx series require AMDGPU driver which is in pimp 2.0 and 2.1 and does not work with the old cards or versions.  So these cannot be mixed in the same rig on Linux.
Activity: 29

Thanks
-N-
GetPimp has got to be the WORST mining app out there!!!!!!!!!! Wasted weeks of my life trying to make this work and not one share yet!!! ETHOS is great but no Nvidia support. 1080ti card without work collecting dust as difficulty rises - Bitcoin must fail because it is not made for the common person.

No help on chat. Cant use commands to delete port activity. Cant configure files to get any hashing started. They told me not to overthink but I see many others are having similar issues as I am on google. Can Ethos please support Nvidia. Took one hour for me to get Ethos configured and hashing - my only issue was maxing out the hash rate. Again 2 WEEKS and not one share trying to demystify GetPimp.

PLEASE PEOPLE SAVE YOUR $30 - there are better ways to blow your money and more importantly your time!!!

I hate this app!!!!!!!!!

WWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, and because we're on a public forum ... I know you're hasty to say its things ...
Looking at the ethosdistro changelog (which is not an app but an operating system like all other systems), now Has the ability to use Nvidia in the latest version v. 1.2.3 .
If you have already purchased EthOS just upgrade with this line of code :  
Immediately after your rig boots successfully, run the update:
Code:
sudo ethos-update && sleep 5 && r   (do not interrupt it)

Here the changelog:

Code:
ethOS 1.2.3 changelog (released July 4th 2017)

Major Changes

Added NVIDIA update support to ethOS 1.2.3 by repackaging NVIDIA drivers from 1,200mb to 30mb.
Added NVIDIA drivers to ethOS.
Added datagather for NVIDIA GPUs (bios, memory size, pci id number, etc).
Added ewbf-zcash to support Zcash mining on NVIDIA.
Added update-miner support to ewbf-zcash
Added driver-switching logic for NVIDIA.
Recompiled ethminer to support both NVIDIA and AMD.
Added overclocking and fan control mechanisms for NVIDIA.
Created NVIDIA-persistenced daemon for upstart and fixed udev rules for NVIDIA.
Updated Claymore to version 9.6

Bug Fixes

Fixed NVIDIA-related PID reporting to support NVIDIA overclocking.
Fixed NVIDIA GPU mining order to match ethOS GPU listing.
Added better method of determining certain GPU crashed states.
Added better method of sampling miner path in ethos-watchdog.
Fixed order of determining condition/ailment of rigs on ethosdistro.com stats panel.

Cosmetic Changes and Cleanup

Fixed low-resolution / fast-scroll issues during ethOS preboot process.
Added and fixed more PCI IDs to ethOS and andmeminfo to cover new GPU names.
Collect GPU watts in ethOS statitistics collector.
Prevented atitweak and aticonfig from running on RX series.
Added better method of supporting custompanel on ethosdistro.com stats panel.
Added support for showing NVIDIA hashrates on ethosdistro.com stats panel.
Removed vestigial scripts.

A good day for all of you ...

Sorry that you had trouble, and that you felt the need to bad mouth us. You.... never really did anything we told you to do in support. But I will be sure to notify the other thousands of pimps that are happy with the product!

Also,thank you very much for your support and for trying PIMP! We'll surely see you again soon in the future. Try not to hijack our thread with support for other packages. Good luck with your rigs!
Activity: 240
Merit: 100
GetPimp has got to be the WORST mining app out there!!!!!!!!!! Wasted weeks of my life trying to make this work and not one share yet!!! ETHOS is great but no Nvidia support. 1080ti card without work collecting dust as difficulty rises - Bitcoin must fail because it is not made for the common person.

No help on chat. Cant use commands to delete port activity. Cant configure files to get any hashing started. They told me not to overthink but I see many others are having similar issues as I am on google. Can Ethos please support Nvidia. Took one hour for me to get Ethos configured and hashing - my only issue was maxing out the hash rate. Again 2 WEEKS and not one share trying to demystify GetPimp.

PLEASE PEOPLE SAVE YOUR $30 - there are better ways to blow your money and more importantly your time!!!

I hate this app!!!!!!!!!

WWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, and because we're on a public forum ... I know you're hasty to say its things ...
Looking at the ethosdistro changelog (which is not an app but an operating system like all other systems), now Has the ability to use Nvidia in the latest version v. 1.2.3 .
If you have already purchased EthOS just upgrade with this line of code :  
Immediately after your rig boots successfully, run the update:
Code:
sudo ethos-update && sleep 5 && r   (do not interrupt it)

Here the changelog:

Code:
ethOS 1.2.3 changelog (released July 4th 2017)

Major Changes

Added NVIDIA update support to ethOS 1.2.3 by repackaging NVIDIA drivers from 1,200mb to 30mb.
Added NVIDIA drivers to ethOS.
Added datagather for NVIDIA GPUs (bios, memory size, pci id number, etc).
Added ewbf-zcash to support Zcash mining on NVIDIA.
Added update-miner support to ewbf-zcash
Added driver-switching logic for NVIDIA.
Recompiled ethminer to support both NVIDIA and AMD.
Added overclocking and fan control mechanisms for NVIDIA.
Created NVIDIA-persistenced daemon for upstart and fixed udev rules for NVIDIA.
Updated Claymore to version 9.6

Bug Fixes

Fixed NVIDIA-related PID reporting to support NVIDIA overclocking.
Fixed NVIDIA GPU mining order to match ethOS GPU listing.
Added better method of determining certain GPU crashed states.
Added better method of sampling miner path in ethos-watchdog.
Fixed order of determining condition/ailment of rigs on ethosdistro.com stats panel.

Cosmetic Changes and Cleanup

Fixed low-resolution / fast-scroll issues during ethOS preboot process.
Added and fixed more PCI IDs to ethOS and andmeminfo to cover new GPU names.
Collect GPU watts in ethOS statitistics collector.
Prevented atitweak and aticonfig from running on RX series.
Added better method of supporting custompanel on ethosdistro.com stats panel.
Added support for showing NVIDIA hashrates on ethosdistro.com stats panel.
Removed vestigial scripts.

A good day for all of you ...
Activity: 397
Merit: 107
One other thing, the ONLY times I could get it to hash was when I left the getPimp default wallet information as is. They would hash when they were getting paid but when my information is used it no longer works...hmmmm
Pages:
Jump to: