Pages:
Author

Topic: Pizza for bitcoins? - page 38. (Read 800854 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 02, 2014, 08:43:06 PM
someone dox this guy and find his information lol he is rich. We need to aware him!

He is already here and he claimed not to have any Bitcoins left. Laszlo is also the first person who wrote GPU mining software for Bitcoin.

Yep requoting since its convenient that way

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The pizza thing was a lot more popular than I thought so I made good on as many trades as I could.  Other than a little bit of single digit change, I spent everything I mined.  As you all know, the difficulty rises to adjust to hashing power, so eventually the mining wasn't worth it for me.

GPU mining BTC in 2010!??

As far as I know I was the first to release a GPU miner.  I contributed the hash meter back then too, that's what the screen shot was all about.  I used to maintain the Mac OS builds but others have taken that up now.  It was a fun project and I learned all about OpenCL.  I can't find the thread on the forum anymore but you can find it in my web dir ( http://eclipse.heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/sha256.cl ).  That was back in May 2010.  Maybe there were other people who were doing it in private too, though.  For a long time I had been looking for a reason to learn how to write a shader, and this was a great project for it.  The way I looked at it, I was helping out with an open source project, and I was making pizza with my code.

You guys will laugh now but I mined everything with an nvidia 9800 GTX+ on Mac OS (hackintosh, another scene I used to help out in).  I ended up getting 2 AMD Radeon 5970s with the bitcoins I was mining, but at the time, the OpenCL libraries from AMD and nvidia both were really buggy and I never got it to work right on more than one GPU.  The same code that would work on the nvidia on linux wouldn't work on windows and vice versa.  I was trying to make a generic OpenCL miner that everyone could run on all 3 platforms, and I spent months tweaking different kernels for each GPU, but I was also working two jobs at the time and so I never finished it.  I ended up just leaving bitcoin on the back burner for a few years, then it exploded and people started asking me about the pizza trades.  Every time the value goes up on exchanges, people email me asking me to comment on it, but really there isn't much more to tell than what I explained here.

This is the old GPU mining release I made for Mac OS, probably won't work anymore though: http://eclipse.heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/Bitcoin-MacOSX-Intel-svn-75-opencl-2010-05-10.dmg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 02, 2014, 08:37:00 PM
lol i see it now just like not believe 10.000 btc million dollars out now -.-
omg are you regret ?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will survive
August 02, 2014, 04:24:46 PM
Will this eventually become the world's first million-dollar pizza?

look at this man predicted that it will be million-dollar in 2010 Smiley
No you can check price of Bitcoin in 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin  its just 0.08$ for 1 bitcoin

I guess you misinterpreted endrowski's post.
If he rephrase his post as "this man predicted in 2010 that the pizza will be million-dollar", it should reflect his point more correctly. Smiley
Yes your are right just some misinterpreted and he post here some other thing now this pizza is million dollar pizza
Activity: 612
Merit: 500
August 02, 2014, 04:19:39 PM

No you can check price of Bitcoin in 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin  its just 0.08$ for 1 bitcoin

I guess you misinterpreted endrowski's post.
If he rephrase his post as "this man predicted in 2010 that the pizza will be million-dollar", it should reflect his point more correctly. Smiley
Activity: 406
August 02, 2014, 02:03:50 PM

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
August 02, 2014, 02:28:53 AM

Bitcoin will survive
August 01, 2014, 01:55:19 PM
Perhaps soon we'll see the same price (10K btc) for Pizza
No I sure now its not going to happen again in future because Bitcoin is going to stable more and not touching any double or single figure
Activity: 131
August 01, 2014, 05:01:00 AM
Gold pizza
Activity: 137
August 01, 2014, 04:57:08 AM
i'm here just look this miracle Cheesy 10000 bitcoins for a pizza! OMG!
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
July 30, 2014, 12:56:09 PM
If I could go back in time to late 2008, I'd have a network of 50 PCs mining the crap out of BTC, and in early-mid 2010, I would arrange "sales" to buy cars and things and publicize it to raise awareness of bitcoin.

But in reality, it would just be me transferring coins from one of my wallets to another of my wallets, and claiming it was for a car purchase.  I may even have a friend claim to be the buyer or seller if needed.

I have it all figured out, except for not knowing back then what I know now!!!!!   Roll Eyes
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
July 30, 2014, 04:36:42 AM
Perhaps soon we'll see the same price (10K btc) for Pizza
EFS
staff
Activity: 3780
Merit: 2120
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 26, 2014, 06:56:52 AM
someone dox this guy and find his information lol he is rich. We need to aware him!

He is already here and he claimed not to have any Bitcoins left. Laszlo is also the first person who wrote GPU mining software for Bitcoin.
Activity: 126
July 25, 2014, 10:16:18 PM
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
July 25, 2014, 08:35:55 PM
I'll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day.  I like having left over pizza to nibble on later.  You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I'm aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don't have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a 'breakfast platter' at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you're happy!

I like things like onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, etc.. just standard stuff no weird fish topping or anything like that.  I also like regular cheese pizzas which may be cheaper to prepare or otherwise acquire.

If you're interested please let me know and we can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Laszlo

omg  Shocked insane history
Just check this date of this thread and then give any reaction its almost more then 4 years old and bitcoin was worth less
Although the price of bitcoin was much less then it is today, it is still a historic moment for bitcoin as it was the first known actual transaction involving goods that was paid for with bitcoin
July 25, 2014, 08:00:05 PM
I'll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day.  I like having left over pizza to nibble on later.  You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I'm aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don't have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a 'breakfast platter' at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you're happy!

I like things like onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepperoni, etc.. just standard stuff no weird fish topping or anything like that.  I also like regular cheese pizzas which may be cheaper to prepare or otherwise acquire.

Thanks,
Laszlo

Just check this date of this thread and then give any reaction its almost more then 4 years old and bitcoin was worth less
Activity: 1005
July 23, 2014, 02:55:05 AM

Thanks,
Laszlo

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
July 20, 2014, 01:48:41 PM

Very interesting, though no one has made a bid in the autction lol.
Guess the OP of that thread should be pretty happy looking back now. Grin

This Story is nevertheless very very good!!!  Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
July 20, 2014, 04:59:49 AM
Why aren't they buying pizza for fiat currency? Is it because the got BTC for free from faucets but didn't got fiat currency? Anyway it is old thread. Now I don't think anybody will get atleast 1 BTC from faucet in a decent time.
Kindly,
        MZ
Activity: 499
July 19, 2014, 08:21:59 AM

Very interesting, though no one has made a bid in the autction lol.
Guess the OP of that thread should be pretty happy looking back now. Grin
Activity: 558
Merit: 251
Pages:
Jump to: