Pages:
Author

Topic: ★☆★ PKR COIN ★☆★ || THE POKER PLAYER'S COIN ♠♦♠ Now available in exchanges ! ♣♥♣ - page 15. (Read 42493 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I will be probably be playing the sunday's tournament. Just need to confirm something first  Grin

I'm in a similar situation  Wink

Same here
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I will be probably be playing the sunday's tournament. Just need to confirm something first  Grin

I'm in a similar situation  Wink
Activity: 19
PKR
Activity: 56

Without any doubt, these are some good news for Lottocoin, but that's what we think as poker players:

- Low traffic, low players. You can't play at any give time or poker variant because of the lack of users.

- More traffic, more security. One of the biggest issues in poker is online poker collusion: friends playing in the same table, sharing the identities of their hole cards with each other. We don't have any way to detect this however biggest poker rooms can detect patterns and ban this kind of players.

- Security risks. We are speaking about other people's money. We can't take the risk to have our poker room hacked or with bugs.

Online poker has been fighting against cheats and scams for a lot of time. Even some of the biggest online Poker rooms (see Absolute Poker Super User scandal) had issues with this.

What we want to say with all this it's that creating an excellent Poker room is not an easy task and we don't think it's worth to create a small web browser Poker room just to launch a new service.

If we have the option to get PKR coin implemented in an already established poker room, we won't be doing our own poker room yet.

Lastly, Lottocoin was launched more than 2 months ago. We launched PKR coin just a few days ago. We can't pretend to have the same amount of services and games. There are other steps first, like getting on an exchange, making the community grow and ensuring a better coin distribution.
pkr.internetarena.it

REGISTRATION OPEN NOW !

UPTIME 99% --- REWARD UPDATED --- PPLNS server 1% fee!

http://pkr.internetarena.it
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Swissexchange confirmed they're going to add pkr soon:

"Yes, this is currently under review and very likely to be added soon."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5159470

This is welcome news. Difficulty is starting to sag quite a bit. Not that I'm complaining as I've been mining this almost constantly since the launch. Looking forward to assigning a tentative value to PKRs, will make those Poker games a little more interesting.   Wink
Swissexchange confirmed they're going to add pkr soon:

"Yes, this is currently under review and very likely to be added soon."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5159470
PKR
How about some bounties for more gambling games? This coin seems to be missing a roadmap with a concrete development plan...

I'm also of the opinion that an exchange, even a small one, is better sooner rather than later. Otherwise the dump will be that much bigger when we do get on one.

Any thoughts?

I strongly agree with these sentiments.

I have the know-how to build web apps so I had considered helping out but the only bounty on the OP was 250PKR for the first game that accepts it (out of a 1,800,000PKR premine).

Definitely needs a roadmap and more transparency about where the premine is destined for.  Are you offering hundreds of thousands of PKR to online poker rooms and that is why there has been minimal use of the premine?

I'll continue throwing some hashes at this for now, but I wouldn't spend time coding for 250PKR.

About bounties, 250 PKR was the first estimation we did, but we have raised bounties obviously. We haven't written anything about bounties on OP because we are contacting directly some users/developers that we know offer good services. In fact, we will have probably tomorrow a dice game and we hope a roulette soon. It's hard to give a value too to every service and bounties are different for every task.

About the exchanges, we think too it would be nice to get PKR in an exchange. We are first on the Swisscex poll and we hope to be there soon. CoinedUp has been contacted too and we are waiting for his reply. We are trying to find a balance between what miners/users want and what Poker rooms want to see. What we don't have to forget is that PKR coin is 5 days old.

PD: please send us a PM with what you can/want to do and we can discuss about bounty.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Activity: 16
How about some bounties for more gambling games? This coin seems to be missing a roadmap with a concrete development plan...

I'm also of the opinion that an exchange, even a small one, is better sooner rather than later. Otherwise the dump will be that much bigger when we do get on one.

Any thoughts?

I strongly agree with these sentiments.

I have the know-how to build web apps so I had considered helping out but the only bounty on the OP was 250PKR for the first game that accepts it (out of a 1,800,000PKR premine).

Definitely needs a roadmap and more transparency about where the premine is destined for.  Are you offering hundreds of thousands of PKR to online poker rooms and that is why there has been minimal use of the premine?

I'll continue throwing some hashes at this for now, but I wouldn't spend time coding for 250PKR.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Any thoughts?

PKR
Activity: 16

In which distro is it compiled?? I think it doesn't work properly in Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. I can imagine that this software can't be released as open source but it should be shipped for the most popular Linux distribution.

Thanks.

You can imagine why this software can't be released as open source? I can't, and I would never use it if it wasn't OSS.

Sounds like userpacman already sent you this but the source is on github : https://github.com/pokerth/pokerth

I'm assuming you meant you could see why for security reasons but I disagree strongly with that.  Do a google search for 'security through obscurity"
Activity: 266
Merit: 257
Enthusiast
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Cryptopool.eu is stuck for 2 days... At least delete them from the OP.
Any chance of getting a small tourney started with higher buy-in, say 1,000 to 2,000 PKR?

-blue

We didn't implement PKR betting into the software yet, but sure you can organize whatever kind of tournament. I'll update next days with more forms of poker, not only texas hold'em.
In case you guys need escrow for an high prize tournament I guess Dev or our pool can help.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
Has anyone spoken with the SealsWithClubs.eu bitcoin poker site yet? Maybe they'd be willing to support pokercoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Any chance of getting a small tourney started with higher buy-in, say 1,000 to 2,000 PKR?

-blue
Am I wrong or we're close to first reward correction?

In which distro is it compiled?? I think it doesn't work properly in Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. I can imagine that this software can't be released as open source but it should be shipped for the most popular Linux distribution.

Thanks.

Sent you a PM with all the links, if you have any good idea on how to implement PKR betting share it :-)
Pages:
Jump to: