Pages:
Author

Topic: Please Buy a Hardware Wallet - page 4. (Read 2820 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
November 06, 2018, 02:36:03 AM
Well, hardware wallet is a must for long term holder of coins or traders. This way your hard earned tokens/coins is safe as  long as your private keys/ hash is not exposed. Also  hardware wallet has added security compared to exchange wallets  and others wherein you are frequently using your private key. I prefer to use Ledger Nano, since I owned one and its convenient to use.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
November 06, 2018, 01:55:13 AM
Yes indeed, for those peeps who are whales or got plenty of money in crypto it is worth to buy a hardware wallet. I barely have much of anything right now so not considering to own one until I get a decent bag of something. Most of the tokens I have in my MEW are all useless and not on exchanges, so buying a hardware wallet for 100 bucks but only having like 60 bucks worth of tokens in my wallets is not worth it for myself. You do need to have at least a few k sitting around in wallets to make it worth spending a couple of hundred on a trezor or a nano.
copper member
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
November 06, 2018, 01:24:51 AM
Yes, Hardware wallet is compulsory for those investors who are trading in Bitcoin and altcoin. Because it's very necessary to keep safe your investment at safe place because there are many hacker are searching those people who are not aware the hacking of coins. So,trezor is the Best wallet to keep secure hundred percent safe your coins.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
November 06, 2018, 01:11:09 AM
Aside from hardware wallet, I also prefer using open source software since it offers the same security a hardware coyld offer. Like HODLER wallet, this gives me the assurance that I have the full control over my fund since the code can be publicly viewed and in case tgere is potential vulnerability, I could easily fix it. Most reported hacked Wallet are those closed source or exchange wallet. Basically when using closed source wallet, you dont have tge private key and just trust a third party making you have no Full control with your funds.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
November 05, 2018, 08:14:34 PM
This is because of your safety, although it can cost you money, but it makes you safe and avoids losing big amounts of money.
Activity: 267
Merit: 10
November 05, 2018, 06:46:22 PM
I strongly agree. We all must be very careful about our ownership. Too many scams out there. But the wallet must be safe from a company that can be trusted because some of these wallets can also steal everything you have, it's good to know which ones can be trusted.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 05, 2018, 06:32:28 PM
Which of these wallets is the best and has the most advantages?
Activity: 498
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
November 05, 2018, 06:22:32 PM
It's necessary judging by the security it provides and it doesn't even cost much. Most of the wallet hacks could have been avoided with a hardware wallet.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
November 05, 2018, 04:06:43 PM
it's true, there are a lot of people who report toke theft cases in this forum, and I understand, we can't do anything with decentralized assets when a transaction has taken place, unless you are the owner of an organization like the CIA or other intelligence organization in maintaining your lost assets

the question is, why do you offer products from Amazon?
why do you not directly provide a direct link from the manufacture where the trust of the buyer of course will be more comfortable when buying products directly from the manufacture

https://www.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-s
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
November 05, 2018, 12:24:45 PM
yes I strongly agree, because lately we have heard a lot of people who lost their assets because they were hacked, and using hardware wallets is highly recommended, because it is quite safe and can avoid hackers.
it could be a solution but don't be tempted first this is a problem we ourselves have to maintain a very complicated security but there is a way to use an application called google authenticator which is to help your wallet safe from hackers
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
November 05, 2018, 12:00:45 PM
Having a hard wallet is the best way if you want to hold your coins for long. If you want to trading only, i suggest you just using a common wallet, or exchange wallet. Hardwallet is not free, for someone who cant buy it, they can use safer free wallet like metamask in ethereum.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
November 05, 2018, 02:42:45 AM
that's a very good suggestion, because using a hardware wallet makes the assets we store safer, and I also use them I use nano ledger, and the results are quite satisfying because they function very well.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
November 05, 2018, 02:35:46 AM
This is a great advice for people to understand and prevent losing their precious coins and investments. People that are new to crypto are usually the ones getting hacked by either giving out their private keys, clicking emails attachment or visiting phishing websites. Better get a hardware wallet to make yourself at ease and safe.
Activity: 472
November 05, 2018, 02:17:52 AM
It is recommended to use hardware wallet, if you can afford. I don't have a lot of bitcoin or other cryptocurrency, so i haven't purchased yet. I will definitely buy one soon, as it is the best to secure your assets.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
November 04, 2018, 11:29:53 PM
Love the hardware wallets Ledger Nano and Trezor for years.

For those with no budget for hardware, the Wasabi Wallet is FREE and available on Windows, Mac, Linux with integrated Tor, CoinJoin and coin control features.

https://www.wasabiwallet.io/

It might be good but still you can't compare with the security that hardware wallet provides.
Activity: 126
Merit: 29
Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked
November 04, 2018, 11:16:51 PM
Love the hardware wallets Ledger Nano and Trezor for years.

For those with no budget for hardware, the Wasabi Wallet is FREE and available on Windows, Mac, Linux with integrated Tor, CoinJoin and coin control features.

https://www.wasabiwallet.io/

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
November 04, 2018, 06:52:44 AM
Thank you for making this thread! Sometimes I think a well-written thread related to hardware wallet needs to stick in Bitcoin or Altcoin Discussion section! I always suggest people buy a hardware wallet, even when I convince or suggest someone come into the crypto field, At first I order them to manage 140 USD by anyhow and then buy a hardware wallet! When they buy a hardware wallet I start to teaching them some basic knowledge of the crypto platform! We really not safe enough with those Online wallets!
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
November 04, 2018, 06:39:24 AM
Hardware wallets are definitely recommended. We all need to take especially good care of our holdings. Too many scams and malware around, and more will come as Crypto becomes more mainstream. Be careful!

I agree. Having a wallet is a good thing, with much prevention or act of getting ready to everything. But then having hardware wallet is another thing that will help our bitcoin to become more safe in away that wecan have another feature in a thing. Must be careful enough.
Activity: 250
November 04, 2018, 06:30:55 AM
Yes, we need to use hardware wallet to make securing our assets and money. In this digital crypto market, a number of hackers and scammers are moving to harm investors by stealing their private keys and by snatching away their wallets. So hardware is needed to protect their assets.
Activity: 644
November 04, 2018, 04:19:48 AM
When you begin to accumulate various tokens there is a need to find a place where they will stored securely. I agree with you that a hardware wallet is the best solution. I once acquired Ledger Nano and am happy with my purchase.
Pages:
Jump to: