Pages:
Author

Topic: Please Delete This Thread - page 5. (Read 10124 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 13, 2014, 11:52:04 PM
The LOL's wallet source on github.com was deleted by dev,everybody never had seen that?
Anyone have a copy of LOL's wallet source for some devs continue to do anything  on the LOL coin?
Yup.
All three coins had their threads closed.
All three had their source code removed from GitHub.
The old Dev did everything he could to "cover his tracks". The fact that everyone can still see the remains of those tracks, is a testament to how well he did.

I wouldn't worry too much Wink
Activity: 38
Merit: 14
August 13, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
The LOL's wallet source on github.com was deleted by dev,everybody never had seen that?
Anyone have a copy of LOL's wallet source for some devs continue to do anything  on the LOL coin?
August 13, 2014, 08:05:45 PM
No, it started with SUM being a scam. The new dev created SUM2 which had the same features but with less coins. SUM coins could be traded in for SUM2. He later added anon technology called NAVAJO and in order to make the uniqueness of that feature more clear, SUM2 got a name change into NAV. He honestly was one of the best developers I have seen in crypto. extremely active and competent.
Figured one of those might be a name change for SUM reason. or two? Tongue
Sorry. I had to.

Sounds great to me so far.
Definitely things to be learned from that coin and it's situation. Regardless.
the Dev who took over sounds amazing.

I am sure something good will come of looking up all that history, and contacting that Dev. For advice at the very least.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 13, 2014, 07:59:46 PM
The same happened with summercoin (SUM). A new developer stepped up and changed it into SUM2 and later NAV and we've seen the succes of that. So might be an idea contacting him, perhaps make a communityfund to reward him.
Not a bad idea.
Might be worth the OP contacting this guy, and looking into the past of his project.

At the very least he may have knowledge that proves invaluable!!

It does also further to prove my point though. They are on coin #3 now? They only had 1 coin to save.
So we need around #9 or so, to save all 3 of ours??  Grin
That is a lot of work.

I have not seen the success of that one, but I do believe you.
What you say makes it worth looking into.
But I still think we are better off sticking with the 3 coins that we have. Trying to increase each of their value.
Maybe this guy can help with that.
Who knows.

No, it started with SUM being a scam. The new dev created SUM2 which had the same features but with less coins. SUM coins could be traded in for SUM2. He later added anon technology called NAVAJO and in order to make the uniqueness of that feature more clear, SUM2 got a name change into NAV. He honestly was one of the best developers I have seen in crypto. extremely active and competent.
August 13, 2014, 07:43:34 PM
The same happened with summercoin (SUM). A new developer stepped up and changed it into SUM2 and later NAV and we've seen the succes of that. So might be an idea contacting him, perhaps make a communityfund to reward him.
Not a bad idea.
Might be worth the OP contacting this guy, and looking into the past of his project.

At the very least he may have knowledge that proves invaluable!!

It does also further to prove my point though. They are on coin #3 now? They only had 1 coin to save.
So we need around #9 or so, to save all 3 of ours??  Grin
That is a lot of work.

I have not seen the success of that one, but I do believe you.
What you say makes it worth looking into.
But I still think we are better off sticking with the 3 coins that we have. Trying to increase each of their value.
Maybe this guy can help with that.
Who knows.

If anyone can find any scam coins that have been raised from the dead.... please bring them to the attention of the OP!!
These examples can prove very useful.
No matter what route they took to get the job done.
These sort of examples may lead to the type of people that can assist with this effort.
Activity: 294
August 13, 2014, 07:18:39 PM
August 13, 2014, 06:56:57 PM
UPDATE 2

THIS is what we need to concentrate on.  If those markets die, then there will be no development.  All investor funds will be lost for good.

For the cost of a few dollars, you can help stimulate the market enough to keep it alive.
If it stays alive we have a chance.
If we succeed, and you bought some CSO today for 70 satoshi..... then you might expect to see a tiny bit of profit from that. (by tiny I mean HUGE.)
Or sell it again. Keep your margins tight and stimulate it twice!

We are still way too close to the line, and total failure in the next 2 days is very possible.
Please help by stimulating the markets for both LOL and CSO.
Increase trade volume.
By any means necessary!!!

LOL - https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-LOL
CSO - https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-CSO
August 13, 2014, 06:35:29 PM
lol I am out of here

Happy to have suggestions here.

Don't need the same one suggested without explaining any benefit whatsoever.
Discussion is welcome.
As much as we need a community, we also need focus.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2014, 06:29:09 PM
lol I am out of here
August 13, 2014, 06:18:25 PM
Easier to work on one than three. Less work. 3 communities combine into one. Better focus on one instead of three

Your math aside, because not many are going to agree no matter who makes that call.....

What you are suggesting is a cosmetic change that sounds great on paper.
Combine 3 into 1, and all you gotta do is work on one.
Except you just made it much more than 3 times harder to get any value for the original investors. Which is the entire point here.
We are not interested in handicapping our efforts.

By the time you go to all of that trouble, any rational person would just create a new coin and never look back.
Some people like to be paid for their time, instead of donating their time to others.
Everyone has their limits.

I will say this one last time.

If you were a Dev, and you were going to create a new coin, and someone said "Hey! why don't you include these 3 shitty scam coins, and ruin all of your chances at success?"
Then I hope you would say "No." for your own sake.
Very clearly, understand these words: someone is offering to help put value back into the coin you are bagholding for. They do not have to do that.

And since it is only the ESC crowd, who seem to think their coin is superior and should swallow all other coins..... don't forget, LOL has the highest maximum coin count.
If anything, we would be burning ESC into LOL. do you want that??
All 3 of these coins are equally worthless, and all 3 of these coins are equally dead.
Without the OP, and this thread, and this effort..... you would all be walking into the sunset holding your empty bags that are filled with your losses and your tears.
That could still happen.
Not out of the woods yet, that is for sure.

It has been explained to death that combining these coins makes recouping your losses more difficult for the Dev, adds no benefits whatsoever, creates more work, and handicaps the entire goal here.
Unless there is any new explanation as to how combining could help in any way...
Lets move on.
August 13, 2014, 05:46:54 PM
+1

We should concentrate to make each of the coins valuable. And I am not strictly speaking in terms of fiat money. More like find use for the coin.

Like for CSO, I really liked the idea to have a wallet, there you can start a PvP match with live betting. And winning team takes the pot. Splits it then proportionally between members.

That would make the coin usable, and give it value.
+2

We need ideas coming in, and we need to hear what the community wants.
Some of those ideas won't get used.
But if you can explain yourself well enough, and others agree with your ideas.... then you are going to get heard.
Don't be discouraged.

Don't abuse that system either. Help it grow. Because the community is what should and will shape this project.

@thefrog
What you just said, is the exact aim here.
Increase the value of each coin, by giving it an actual use and making it attractive to investors again.
The best way to accomplish that, is like you said.
And those are the suggestions that any future Devs will need to hear... what features you all want, how the wallet should work, how we can make this better than the original plans, what should be first (etc)

Unless we hear any great explanation as to the benefit of burning a 4th coin, we should concentrate on the 3 we have and how to get value back in them.
legendary
August 13, 2014, 05:38:43 PM
Just make total coins of new coin = total number of coins in current 3 coins

Then premine coins and offer everyone the right amount of new coins. Maybe just merge all 3 into just esports coin.

Easier to work on one than three. Less work. 3 communities combine into one. Better focus on one instead of three
Activity: 393
August 13, 2014, 05:29:44 PM
My vote is for combining 3 into one.

I get the appeal. I do.
But I am not sure you people are understanding the logic behind this.
There are absolutely no benefits to burning a new coin.

Why waste a perfectly good new coin?
At that rate, we would be better off starting fresh.
Leaving everyone behind, and letting you all invest in the new coin all over again.
The point here is to recoup your losses. From the old coins.

So say you do create a 4th coin all legitimate like, then you go and Proof-of-Burn 3 other scam coins into that one coin.
You are dealing with 3 totally different maximum coin levels.
Whatever your math, it will be a pain in the arse deciding who gets how much and why, and you will have to increase the maximum coin count for sure.
Some people burn in, others are long gone... so then your numbers are fudged even further.
Now what do you have?
An over-bloated and unstable mess, that you still can't get anyone to buy into.

So what happens, if unforeseen and uncontrollable problems arise.... and the 4th coin crashes hard, once again burning all investors?? the ones we were trying to help.
Are you going to suggest that we start a 5th coin?
So we can save the 4th coin, that was sent in to save the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st coins?

The whole idea was to clean up mess. Not create a new mess.

What benefit do you see to creating a new coin and burning all 3 into 1? How will that help recoup investor losses, or progress the aim of these coins?

+1

We should concentrate to make each of the coins valuable. And I am not strictly speaking in terms of fiat money. More like find use for the coin.

Like for CSO, I really liked the idea to have a wallet, there you can start a PvP match with live betting. And winning team takes the pot. Splits it then proportionally between members.

That would make the coin usable, and give it value.

I don't want to exchange crypto to fiat first, to have some use of it. I want to use crypto.
August 13, 2014, 05:21:41 PM

I get the appeal. I do.
But I am not sure you people are understanding the logic behind this.
There are absolutely no benefits to burning a new coin.

Why waste a perfectly good new coin?
At that rate, we would be better off starting fresh.
Leaving everyone behind, and letting you all invest in the new coin all over again.
The point here is to recoup your losses. From the old coins.

So say you do create a 4th coin all legitimate like, then you go and Proof-of-Burn 3 other scam coins into that one coin.
You are dealing with 3 totally different maximum coin levels.
Whatever your math, it will be a pain in the arse deciding who gets how much and why, and you will have to increase the maximum coin count for sure.
Some people burn in, others are long gone... so then your numbers are fudged even further.
Now what do you have?
An over-bloated and unstable mess, that you still can't get anyone to buy into.

So what happens, if unforeseen and uncontrollable problems arise.... and the 4th coin crashes hard, once again burning all investors?? the ones we were trying to help.
Are you going to suggest that we start a 5th coin?
So we can save the 4th coin, that was sent in to save the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st coins?

The whole idea was to clean up mess. Not create a new mess.

What benefit do you see to creating a new coin and burning all 3 into 1? How will that help recoup investor losses, or progress the aim of these coins?
Activity: 784
August 13, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

And who would / how would you set the exchange rate between them ?

maybe something like:

x / (amount of coins - premine)

You can normalize the value of the coin
Activity: 393
August 13, 2014, 05:14:35 PM

And who would / how would you set the exchange rate between them ?
legendary
August 13, 2014, 04:46:17 PM

August 13, 2014, 07:19:32 AM
things are moving.....but where is the ESC dev ?
Oh shit.... dude..... you need to do a whole bunch of reading Sad catch up time.

the ESC dev, is the same dev as the LOL and CSO dev.
He scammed everyone.
He did the same to ESC as he did to LOL.

No offense intended, and not to be rude, but if you want to discuss that prick or the "old" ESC..... then we politely request that you do that in his thread.
The one that he locked. Cheesy Tongue

This thread is here to clean up his mess. And attempt to recoup the losses inflicted upon investors who did not get out in time.
All 3 coins suffered the same fate, at the same hands, and so all 3 communities are being brought together.
To find a way forward.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
August 13, 2014, 07:07:29 AM
things are moving.....but where is the ESC dev ?
August 13, 2014, 01:02:41 AM
Another option might be a proof-of-burn or something for CSO and LOL to convert to ESC.
That is assuming that ESC is not dead. Which it is. News flash!

Nobody is going to "Proof-of-Burn" their LOL coins for CSO coins are they?
Just as little point in doing the same LOL -> ESC.
Or any other combination.
3 scam coins, are still 3 scam coins... even if you boil them down to one super scam coin.

The only intelligent way of doing that, is to create a 4th coin legitimately.
Then do your "Proof-of-Burn" black magic to all 3 old coins including ESC.

That is a whole lot of work, to get a very tiny amount of investor money back.
Literally, this guys scam was so pathetic, that it will not take much to reach those levels again. Probably double those numbers, in very little time, with any actual development that doesn't get the lights shut off after 1 month.

Sticking with all 3 coins is the best course of action to recoup investors losses. It also opens the doors to possibilities like the cross-betting coinswap suggested earlier Wink
Pages:
Jump to: