Pages:
Author

Topic: Please test: Bitcoin v0.3.22 release candidate - page 3. (Read 15859 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
(...) Test feedback and additional translation updates requested. (...)

Tell me if Spanish translation or updates needed  Cheesy
Activity: 91
Merit: 11
Looking pretty good. The field that shows the balance could be a little wider. It's cutting off the last (right-most) digit of my balance. And it's not like I have that large of a balance ;-)
Activity: 755
Merit: 515
Code:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:53: error: too few arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int, int, int*)’
This is an indication you used the wrong version of miniupnp.  You are looking for miniupnpc-1.5, not miniupnpc-1.5.DATE.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Downloading to test now!
Activity: 237
Merit: 102
1 Pedro 3:15-16 (DHH)
i got this error when i try to compile the source:
Code:
jorge@Abril:~/Descargas/bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.22rc3/src$ make -f makefile.unix 
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-static-2.9 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.9 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -DGUI -o obj/net.o net.cpp
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h: In function ‘void ThreadMapPort2(void*)’:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:53: error: too few arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int, int, int*)’
net.cpp:980: error: at this point in file
/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:117: error: too few arguments to function ‘int UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)’
net.cpp:994: error: at this point in file
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1
jorge@Abril:~/Descargas/bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.22rc3/src$

my machine use Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.5 (Slaine) 64 bits
Activity: 16
Ubuntu 64bit. the client RC3 works just fine.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread

Fedora 12, boost-thread package is installed.

Add "-mt" suffix.

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread

Fedora 12, boost-thread package is installed.
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
Ah, don't you mean I'll have to uninstall the repository OpenSLL package, download OpenSLL tar ball and rebuild OpenSSL with ECDSA and EC support and then I can build my own bitcoin binaries on Fedora?

Any dependencies to watch out for when putting my home-built OpenSLL into Fedora that you know of?

You don't have to uninstall any packages.  Just install bitcoin-custom openssl into /usr/local/openssl or somesuch.

and what is the best way to redirect the linker away from the system openssl install to the bitcoin-custom openssl install when building bitcoind ?

Update the top of makefile.unix.  It is standard *nix build instructions... you must edit cflags/ldflags/etc.  Describing compiler and linker -I and -L is beyond the scope of this thread, though, I'm afraid.

I didn't ask you to. Just trying to establish some kind of standard way for people who (god forbid) prefer to build bitcoin on RH derivative linux.

It is the best chance for bitcoin to make it into those repositories and get wider adoption.

Anybody have plans to publish a makefile for building bitcoin on RH derivatives?
Ah, don't you mean I'll have to uninstall the repository OpenSLL package, download OpenSLL tar ball and rebuild OpenSSL with ECDSA and EC support and then I can build my own bitcoin binaries on Fedora?

Any dependencies to watch out for when putting my home-built OpenSLL into Fedora that you know of?

You don't have to uninstall any packages.  Just install bitcoin-custom openssl into /usr/local/openssl or somesuch.

and what is the best way to redirect the linker away from the system openssl install to the bitcoin-custom openssl install when building bitcoind ?

Update the top of makefile.unix.  It is standard *nix build instructions... you must edit cflags/ldflags/etc.  Describing compiler and linker -I and -L is beyond the scope of this thread, though, I'm afraid.

legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo

legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
Code:
$ ./bitcoin
./bitcoin: symbol lookup error: ./bitcoin: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_get_realized

Fedora 12

You'll have to build your own Fedora binaries.  bitcoin is built on a recent Ubuntu.

(this is one reason why I'm pushing to remove Linux binaries from our distribution entirely, leaving it up to packagers for each OS)

- RPC: listtransactions supports range queries

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was my biggest feature request for the RPC. And now it's in!

When do you plan to put the stable version live?

When it's stable Wink  Help test, and make it happen sooner rather than later!

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
- RPC: listtransactions supports range queries

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was my biggest feature request for the RPC. And now it's in!

When do you plan to put the stable version live?
Code:
$ ./bitcoin
./bitcoin: symbol lookup error: ./bitcoin: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_get_realized

Fedora 12

You'll have to build your own Fedora binaries.  bitcoin is built on a recent Ubuntu.

(this is one reason why I'm pushing to remove Linux binaries from our distribution entirely, leaving it up to packagers for each OS)
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
Code:
$ ./bitcoin

Fedora 12
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
If there is a "huge fork attack" it would have to be done with a lot more than 50% of the network's power, just to be sure it doesn't suddenly spike.
Also such an attack would just last an hour or so at max. so ppl would REALLY need to react fast.
Additionally the CPU miner in bitcoind is far slower than specialized CPU miner...
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
I also vote for keeping the "Generate Bitcoin" checkbox, for security reasons. What if there's a massive fork attack on our current machinery? If so, we could broadcast to everyone to check that box and help defending the network. Without that checkbox, it is more complicated and perhaps beyond the skill level of a lot of users.
Activity: 1
Seems to open properly on natty.  Thanks!  I should note that it appear that I cannot make any connections. The -testnet options does make connections however.  I dont know if this is normal or not.
Pages:
Jump to: