Pages:
Author

Topic: Please test: Bitcoin v0.3.22 release candidate - page 5. (Read 15859 times)

Activity: 755
Merit: 515
As a side note, this was built with wx 2.9.1 + a small patch to allow the gui to show up on Ubuntu  11.04/other GTK3 stuff.
Though it shows up, it does not appear to fully work yet, with some images missing from buttons in the UI.
Well that appears to only be an issue when running the binary for the wrong platform (or maybe it always happens on the 32-bit one, did it have a problem?) also not true, it looks fine...Im just being thick.
db
Activity: 279
Merit: 261
Correct.  As long as the block passes basic verification tests, miners are free to choose what is included in their blocks (or not).

How about the fee schedule and the block size limit? Are those also just recommendations to miners or do they make blocks invalid?
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
So small transactions have always been valid, it's just that most miners have refused to include them in their blocks?

Correct.  As long as the block passes basic verification tests, miners are free to choose what is included in their blocks (or not).

db
And the minimum transaction amount is reduced too. Very nice.

But how does that work? I thought is was a protocol rule, not just something the official program refused to do. Will all older nodes ignore < 0.01 transactions?

It is the simply the default.  It will not come into effect until most miners upgrade to 0.3.22.

So small transactions have always been valid, it's just that most miners have refused to include them in their blocks?
Is there a command line option to generate?

Yes.  But if you're CPU mining, you want to use this or this instead of the slower bitcoin CPU miner.

But how does that work? I thought is was a protocol rule, not just something the official program refused to do. Will all older nodes ignore < 0.01 transactions?

It is the simply the default.  It will not come into effect until most miners upgrade to 0.3.22.

kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
Is there a command line option to generate?

I know I'll win the lottery first, but I still like running one core of my quad on the off chance that I'll get lucky.
db

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
For the next release, it would be nice if the minimum number of decimal places displayed is either increased to 3, or decreased to 0.
Activity: 280
Merit: 252
Glad to see updates coming along frequently, thanks everyone!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Downloading it now... and watching this thread.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Farewell, Generate Coins. You were a fine menu item in the days of Low Difficulty, before these dark days of ArtForz, Deepbit, and slush. You shall be missed.
Bitcoin version 0.3.22 release candidate (#3) has been uploaded to

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.22/test/

These builds were produced using gitian, so feedback on their packaging would be appreciated.

Version 0.3.22 highlights:

- RPC: listtransactions supports range queries
- Permit non-std tx on testnet
- add -port option for P2P port
- remove 'generate coins' option from GUI
- remove 4way CPU miner
- RPC: add settxfee
- minimum TX fee reduced to 0.0005 BTC
- additional translations
- bug fixes
- source tree reorg & cleanup

Test feedback and additional translation updates requested.

Pages:
Jump to: