Pages:
Author

Topic: Please test: Bitcoin v0.3.22 release candidate - page 4. (Read 15859 times)

Activity: 755
Merit: 515
Also sometimes bitcoin starts to create lots of empty connections when viewed on process explorer(might be PE bug) and starts to use full CPU core. A note: for the debug log wouldn't it be good to add some kind of time stamp?
I can't reproduce, maybe you just opened your firewall to allow incoming connections and are getting a ton of those?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
For some reason when trying to Solo-mine Guiminer gives an RPC error, on .21 it's fine. Also sometimes bitcoin starts to create lots of empty connections when viewed on process explorer(might be PE bug) and starts to use full CPU core. A note: for the debug log wouldn't it be good to add some kind of time stamp?
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Builds for 0.3.22-rc3 have been uploaded to https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.22/test/

Please test the win32 installer (-win32-setup.exe), as that was not present in the -rc2 build.

I'm just curious: Are people here only checking if the new version works or also what it does?
Frankly, there were no huge changes in this release.  The only checks that really need to happen are just does it work for you in everyday usage?  This way we can make sure nothing broke as a side effect by accident.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
I'm just curious: Are people here only checking if the new version works or also what it does?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I vote for leave "Generate Coins" too.

.22 working fine.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
I have only just started using this RC but so far it appears to run fine including the GUI, in my bog standard Unity desktop on Ubuntu Natty 11.04 64bit version.

I'm happy.  Grin
Activity: 109
If anybody has a link to an OSX build... I looked at compiling it myself, but wxwidgets is just a annoyingly huge
Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
God forbid I wait a day to see if this is stable enough to use... I'm only getting like 1 connection maybe on my 0.3.21 client right now!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
Noooooo!  Please leave "Generate Coins" in!  I know it's effectively useless, but I'm not a miner, and I like to "generate" with my CPU from the main client just for kicks knowing there's a very (very very) small chance I'll get lucky!  I know it's silly, but I like it!  Pretty please leave it in!!!

I never generate, but I say leave it in a while longer. Maybe include a message saying that it is very unlikely to produce anything using a CPU.
Noooooo!  Please leave "Generate Coins" in!  I know it's effectively useless, but I'm not a miner, and I like to "generate" with my CPU from the main client just for kicks knowing there's a very (very very) small chance I'll get lucky!  I know it's silly, but I like it!  Pretty please leave it in!!!

You can still run -gen at the command line.  But the built-in CPU miner was always slower than ufasoft or my cpu miner.

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
Activity: 237
Merit: 102
1 Pedro 3:15-16 (DHH)
great, finally in spanish!
thanks, I going to compile it and test.
Thank you for the work. Testing.
Release candidate #3 source tarball uploaded.  Builds should follow within 24-48hrs.

Notable changes since -rc2:

- irc channel is overflowing.  changed to use #bitcoin00 - #bitcoin99

Other changes:

- makefile.osx fix
- gitian build desc updated
- translations updated: lithuanian, german, spanish
- -dns bugfix, related to IRC

Version 0.3.22 highlights:

- add -port option for P2P port

How much trouble would it be to service connections over multiple ports simultaneously?  It would be nice to use an innocuous port like 515 to obscure communications with certain parts of the network while also retaining connection with the vast majority of peers on 8333.
You could, a. run two nodes or b. set your router to forward both ports to the same internal port + log into the irc server with port 515 and 8333 on its nick or make a client which does that plus listens on both ports.

does this work on MacOSX?
No OSX builds currently, but you are welcome to build from git yourself.
Activity: 726
Merit: 500
Version 0.3.22 highlights:

- add -port option for P2P port

How much trouble would it be to service connections over multiple ports simultaneously?  It would be nice to use an innocuous port like 515 to obscure communications with certain parts of the network while also retaining connection with the vast majority of peers on 8333.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
does this work on MacOSX?
Testing.
Activity: 407
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Works beautifully in Unity under Natty!

Thanks!