Pages:
Author

Topic: Politicians fear cryptocurrency because it will stop corruption. - page 10. (Read 2424 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Look ARROUND!
I believe that crypto currencies can improve the economy, but those people who take bribes and engage in corruption will still find a way to do it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 8
I am thinking and still wondering how politicians could be stop or even preventing on doing corruption. As we all know that centralized form of transaction is present and it could never be removed because it is need to be balance. Centralized and decentralized form of currency should always be present a study shows it is not effective for the economy to have absolute centralized or absolute decentralized form so even with or without these forms of doing business politicians could still made or do corruption.
Activity: 378
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
Mate I dont believe that cryptocurrency can stop corruption, I think corruption will be just much more easier with digital currency rather than with fiat.
Like really I just can send ETH somewhere and nobody would know that I have done this.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
Of course, the emergence of the crypto currency removes all intermediaries in the calculations, and hence the corrational component. Very mono officials earn, control budget money. If we assume that at the state level, the blockade of technology will be allowed and implemented, then this will benefit ordinary people.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11
Polytypes have many reasons to fear crypto besides corruption. Anonymity, decentralization, too, do not cause them rapid approval. It's especially funny to hear criticism from crypto from such as Buffett, who made their fortune by direct speculation.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
Maybe in the future but definitely not today. I mean verification itself is still not that solid and people could get away with cashing in so much then cashing out again. Also, since crypto currency is decentralized, people could wire transfer any amount of token to another person in the opposite part if the globe and juat stockpile it there.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Honestly if you still think that politicians are doing corruption hiddenly you are very wrong. We all know
companies that lobbies for the politicians and pay them to select the thing they like or do the thing they want and we can all see how much money the lobbyists pay the politicians yet there is nothing people can change or at least noone did anything about it. For example just last year Internet freedom as we know of was in trouble and we knew the politicians who got paid to favor internet companies instead of people, yet they are still in their seats.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
The transparent nature of the cryptocurrency industry is one of the Paramount reasons why politicians are kicking hard from all angles against it.Well,I am glad that despite all these agialtations,the industry moves on .One day full potentials will be established. Share your views.
The distinguishing feature of cryptocurrency is its anonymity, so why are you so sure that crypto will help to combat corruption?
What prevents a politician from making a wallet and accepting bribes in bitcoins taking into account the current exchange rate?   Cheesy

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
The transparent nature of the cryptocurrency industry is one of the Paramount reasons why politicians are kicking hard from all angles against it.Well,I am glad that despite all these agialtations,the industry moves on .One day full potentials will be established. Share your views.

Politicians did'nt fear on crypto to stop corruption. The main reasons I think was it is hard to impose taxes on it. How the government will interact for those transactions of each users and investors.

Also in some case, politicians convert their fiat into crypto to hide their wealth so the government canot trace it. It is somehow used by those corrupt as a hiding place.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
No , it will make worse for corruption because they can cover their transaction from the police ( the police need to resolve harder )
Cryptocurrency also able to make inflation if some country weak against dollar ( That's my case )

I think these are the reason why my government still forbid cryptocurrency !
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
The government thinks least of all that the crypto currency can somehow influence the situation with corruption. In any case, the financing of the economy will always be in ordinary currency and therefore corruption will always be. The most important thing for any government is that they can not control the decentralized crypto currency.
Activity: 126
very clearly, politicians can not accept a system that works transparently.
because it would bother them to do money laundering.
because the blockchain system can not be manipulated.
Activity: 784
Yes, politicians and people in the government are not into crypto because of the transparancy in nature. Most of the politicians make transactions with taste of corruption one way or another. Bigger or smaller. They admitted or not, it is the culture of politics.
copper member
Activity: 82
Non-existent technologies will be eliminated, instead of more socially beneficial technologies
Activity: 42
I see, the technology will continue to grow, not just Bitcoin, ETH, NEO ... And other wonderful things.
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
i share your view, cryptocurrency is the answer to ending the fight against corruption, with cryptocurrency, politicians will find it difficult to sidefone public funds and divert such into private account because of the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency. funds meant for execution of public projects will be well utilized for the said purpose. i think cryptocurrency is the answer to end corruption.

Well as others pointed out already the blockchain or at least bitcoin is not fully transparent. It can also be totally anonymous if you wish. So yes we can say that if the public money would touch the blockchain from that point you can track everything. While the rality is that you can check hashed data only. So you can tell that a government sent out exactly how much money for someone. But you wont be able to tell who is that person right? So lets say there is a 10 BTC investment in a sport facility renovation. You can see the 10 BTC to arrive but you dont know where.

On the other hand crypto could be the perfect solution for corrupt officials. I wonder what will happen if they discover monero for example. No need for a sechelle-island bank account anymore...

Two sided sword...
Activity: 38
i share your view, cryptocurrency is the answer to ending the fight against corruption, with cryptocurrency, politicians will find it difficult to sidefone public funds and divert such into private account because of the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency. funds meant for execution of public projects will be well utilized for the said purpose. i think cryptocurrency is the answer to end corruption.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
Activity: 158
you are right, the polycystic is afraid of bitcoin for that reason.
they can no longer do corruption, money laundering. because every transaction is done will cause a trace and it can not be deleted.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
Obviously, politicians are fear to this decentralised cryptocurrency. But they are all invest in centralised Cryptocurrency government is supporting to politicians because they only control the government so centralised platforms are favour by politicians and Bitcoin is rule the crypto market so they are all fear in this platform.
this is one of the advantages of bitcoin there will never be a corruption because anything withdrawals or transactions will have evidence and records of its own, want to use any exchange or purse records or your history will be recorded automatically so there will be no corruption.
Pages:
Jump to: