Pages:
Author

Topic: (POLL) Computer Engineering or Airline Pilot? - page 2. (Read 1458 times)

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
I would recommend computer engineering. I heard being a pilot is very stressful.

so is computer engineering

if you're expecting it to be easy, you'll end up like the guys in the Services section doing crappy web design for $3/hour.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
[email protected] is the ONLY way to buy!
I would recommend computer engineering. I heard being a pilot is very stressful.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
I agree with b!z ( first time ever) lol, you need to specify what you mean by "better".
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
The job of an aircraft pilot is really demanding even if you are not taking up the military path to an aircraft driver career. You must be excellent in maths, physics, english (if you're not a native speaker of it) since you need to know the response of the plane to your commands and anticipate it. If you cannot afford the bill to do the civvy path to become an airline pilot, I suggest trying to enroll in your country Air Force, Naval or Army Aviation to acquire enough qualification & flight time (at taxpayer expenses) before a transition at later time in to a civvy career as an airline pilot.
If you really like it you must take a try...but never put your eggs in only one basket; so, as I said before, don't waste away any opportunity and continue to learn useful skills also for a computer engineer. You never know how a skill can become useful in an unexpected field.

what do you mean by 'better'?

better paying?
better freedom?
better opportunities?

Better should be OP's personal opinion based on his preferences, skills, likes, etc.

Cool
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
If you ever want to settle down and have a family, being a pilot is NOT the right choice.   I guess it depends on what kind of pilot you would want to be, but for most, it seems that you work many hours for too little wage.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
what do you mean by 'better'?

better paying?
better freedom?
better opportunities?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!
Do what you like more! However, since both career require you to have excellent Mathematical skills I suggest you to improving them till the moment you need to make a choice between the two careers. Also, If you want to become an Airline pilot you may want to be a military pilot first to save on the costs of acquiring the qualifications needed to become a civvy wide/narrowbody driver.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hi there!

Im a 15 year old boy and going 16 this February 24 2015

First of all, i'ved using computer since i was 7-8yrs old
since my mom give me a computer and now its still running because i always fixed and upgrade the hardwares. Been playing games,modding windows,editing the UIs,animating,video editing and more

but since i saw a pilot for the very first time, He was so cool (no homo), i mean from his clothes,sun glasses,cap and the bag his carrying.. he is totally a cool guy. i think its awesome to fly and land a plane. I know its a serious job.

Many of my friend says Computer Engineer sucks, so i need your time if you want you to help me Sad

Which is better for your opinion and why?

Sorry, my English is very bad that i cant explain it to you very well.

(OLD THREAD LOCKED https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/computer-engineering-or-airline-pilot-936447)

Thanks advance
and
God Bless!!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: