Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] Do You Smoke ? - page 22. (Read 22902 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
July 09, 2016, 04:36:03 AM
I don't see why you'd smoke a blunt if you do not like tobacco.
Google what a blunt is Wink
I DO get the smell thing though.
Not much we can do about it though.. If you smoke your going to smell.

@bones
I traveled across the USA in the 90's and was shocked how much cheaper they were in the USA.
I can't recall what they were here but i think between $5 & $6 per pack here x20 smokes.
And across the states they had big drums full by cash registers on sale for 99 cents each.
So i was buying them a lot with some Charleston Chew's (can not get those in Canada)

But what blew me away is we had laws in Canada change over the decades.
And as far back as i remember we never had big drums of smoke packs freely accessible to shoppers.
In our convenience stores they would be behind the counter or on display by the cash register.
Sort of like Beer which you can not find here unless you got a store that specializes in selling it.
Now.. we gradually had tougher laws put in place.
Stores are not even allowed to show you the smokes.
They by law have to be 100% hidden in cupboards or something that blocks seeing any packaging.
Which is retarded.. try figuring our what they sell..
Like hey do you sell Peter Jackson smokes store guy ?
Then the guy is never a smoker and has no idea.. and they are ALWAYS under lock & key
so it ends up being a grocery store line up staller from hell while people behind you roll their eyes.

And fuck don't get me started on the pictures they put on our smoke packs..
Photshopped lunacy ! ahhahahah

Now ?
20 smokes per pack in BC, Canada is about $10 a pack in our CAN Dollar.
WOW Holy fuck !
Plenty of people said they would quit when they hot $10 a pack but they are still smoking LOL

I had known before guys with an Indian Reservation status card that would buy me smokes cheap here.
Our Federal govt charges a HUGE massive Tax on smokes. (which Native Indians do not have to pay)
They blame us for huge health care costs..

Also Google search the difference between CAN & USA smokes people.
THERE is a huge difference between the two !
I could tell 100% of the time blind folded no problem.
And sorry but i think the USA kind has a hint of what i can only describe as a "manure" taste.
They do something very different between the two products across the border !

Myself i just buy pouches of Tobacco and roll my own with a little machine or use Zig Zaga.
It's waaaay cheaper !
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
July 09, 2016, 03:03:36 AM
i totally dont smoke tobacco. i really hate the smell of it. but i mostly smoke some blunt
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
July 09, 2016, 12:56:29 AM
I am LUCKY to be a Native Canadian/Status Native.

Why?

I got MacDonalds Plain with Filter x2 packs for $17 CAD.

The other at any other store than the Creeland, that accepts Status cards would have cost $18 for ONE pack.

So, I DID get away with a good price.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
July 09, 2016, 12:52:38 AM
     I smoke like a chimney. Thank god that my job is pretty easy on me and lets me take 6 smoke breaks a day, while looking the other way. I've been smoking for almost 30 years and have the constant smoker's cough to prove it. Not projecting that I will ever make it to retirement. I have tried quitting several times and always ended up smoking again
     I do not remember if I tried Canadian cigarettes or not. I was in Canada in the early 90s and remember being taken back by how much the cigarettes were. I think that I had brought my own across the border. The cigarettes were cheap on the Indian reservation close by the Twin cities.
     I started smoking a little when I was a teenager. However, the habit did not become daily until I was in college.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
July 09, 2016, 12:31:51 AM
I smoke and i am curious how many Forum users do also.
I bet more do not smoke than do.. just the trend these days i think.

I started in my parents home at 11 years old.
I got caught sneaking around smoking and i was confronted by my MOM.
Who said she had discussed it with my step-dad..
She said it would be safer than sneaking around smoking.
So..
I was smoking a pack a day + by 12 years old.
I turn 41 this year and i have gone no more than "hours" quitting.
I think i will die a smoker !

I also have known more than once person who either died or almost died from it.
My room-mate 1.5 years ago had part of his lung cut out from cancer for example
And he started smoking again a few months later.

So in case you all did not figure it out.. smoking is addictive (probably a good idea to avoid it)

So post your comment & vote ..and sorry pot-heads this Poll here is not for you LOL

Comments ?
I tried smoking natural tobacco before and it was garbage.
It was like grabbing some random leaves from a tree & smoking it.
Every aspect of it sucked.. probably because there was no chemicals sprayed on it.
I had heard before they create freebase-nicotine and spray it on.
There was talk of this in court cases long ago and Big Tobacco said it was for "regulating" levels of nicotine.

Also if you are an American have you tried smoking our Canadian cigarettes ? Like them ?
Pages:
Jump to: