Pages:
Author

Topic: Poll : do you trust an exchange to hold your bitcoins ? - page 9. (Read 9188 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Short: No.

However, I tend to keep only about 0.2btc in an exchange at any given time.
Activity: 17
I would trust Coinbase more than anyone else.  I don't see any reason to keep all of your crypto holdings in an online wallet though, especially if they are significantly large. 
Activity: 31
What I personally do : I own about 30 btc, and I let them sit on Kraken.
I keep them there for several reasons :

- I dont trust myself to keep a paper wallet safe for a long time.
- I mostly trust Kraken, in particular because they have automated audits.
- I want to be ready to sell quickly in case of a huge crash.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Nope..
Other: Coinbase

They are pretty good.  I like their exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
Do I trust them? No, why would I?

Do I do it? Yes, I'm an idiot Tongue
Why are u giving a surveymonkey poll while we have the poll feature in the forum itself ? That way, u dont need to update the result too... we can see it ourselves.

I used a surveymonkey poll because I also posted this poll elsewhere, and I want to centralize all results in one place.

I changed the settings of the poll so that you can see the results right after you answered it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
There's no sense in holding ALL the bitcoin savings into an exchange but if I would be forced I'll deposit mine into BitStamp,
the only one I trust.

Offline wallets + paperwallets + online wallets (small amount to trade) to be secure and have some fun.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
We all know Bitcoin is made so that you can be your own bank, and if handled properly, it's the only way for your money to be really secure.

Nevertheless, I'm sure many of us still have a significant amount of bitcoins on an exchange, for various reasons (because we trade a lot, or because we trust an exchange more than a paper wallet).

Please answer this quick poll : https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/PPX6WK5

I will update this post to show you the poll results.

Why are u giving a surveymonkey poll while we have the poll feature in the forum itself ? That way, u dont need to update the result too... we can see it ourselves.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
We all know Bitcoin is made so that you can be your own bank, and if handled properly, it's the only way for your money to be really secure.

Nevertheless, I'm sure many of us still have a significant amount of bitcoins on an exchange, for various reasons (because we trade a lot, or because we trust an exchange more than a paper wallet).

Please answer this quick poll : https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/PPX6WK5

I will update this post to show you the poll results.
(Edit : you can also see the results of the poll right after you answer it. I added Coinbase in the list.)
Pages:
Jump to: