Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] What current alt crypto-currency do YOU believe in? - page 2. (Read 5917 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
I trust none.
PS:
I think we should not call them alt-coin, but copy coins for all.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
I believe LTC will survive in the long run. It is the 2nd most used coin compared to bitcoin, and ofcourse we can't forget about it's features.
Activity: 154
CoinTropolis
The big advantage FC has is that (I'd bet) a heck of a lot of people have them.  For example, I mined for 8 hours on my laptop and have 120 of them.  
Too many people with feathercoins look to them with their pink sunglasses on and have really unrealistic expectations from it. This poll says enough, how on earth can a babycoin with no real differences than the coin it is forked from have so much votes.

The poll says enough? No disrespect, please tell me you realize the poll isn't even close to statistically significant, right? The market will ultimately decide it's fate, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe the coin will go nowhere, it won't stop me from focusing my resources as well as some of the other grass roots efforts toward the coin.

Valid points, best wishes on your logo entry. Here's to all of us making good choices and following our passion.

Activity: 770
Merit: 504
The LinearCoin
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
FC]Feathercoin    - 75 (24.4%)

Feathercoin is to Litecoin what Bytecoin is to Bitcoin
Why so many "believe in it"?  Cheesy
(Answer: cause they mined it lots, so they have to "believe" in it now)
Activity: 683
Merit: 500
The big advantage FC has is that (I'd bet) a heck of a lot of people have them.  For example, I mined for 8 hours on my laptop and have 120 of them.  
lol, that's an advantage Huh

When the difficulty for bitcoin was as high as FC is now, 10000 was worth a pizza, now I see 26ltc for 1000FC, that's 78$, 10000fc would be 780$. Bitcoin had allready much more accomplished when you could still mine them with a laptop. Still a pizza was 10000btc. You guys pay 780$, and call this a good thing? It's the most unhealthy start you could imagine, it gets pumped like no alt has ever been pumped before.  Undecided

I don't want to look like someone who hates it, I even gave it a try to come up with a coinlogo for it and I would accept them if someone wants to pay me with them, but in no way I would buy or hold them. Too many people with feathercoins look to them with their pink sunglasses on and have really unrealistic expectations from it. This poll says enough, how on earth can a babycoin with no real differences than the coin it is forked from have so much votes.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
There must be about 10 post in here saying the benefits of FC is that you can get a lot of them faster...

What kind of retarded argument is this ?  Count your BTCs in satoshis and if it can make you feel better.

I can get Testnet Bitcoins faster than any other crypto coin.  Still doesn't benefit me. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
Even if the Bitcoin experiment fail, I dont think LTC will takes it place... It would be all crypto-currency that fail, or, BTC will prevail !   
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
There must be about 10 post in here saying the benefits of FC is that you can get a lot of them faster...

What kind of retarded argument is this ?  Count your BTCs in satoshis and if it can make you feel better.

As for not letting time for farms to change their setting... It's actually no harder to change pool or algo, it's sometime easier because the benefits of hopping regularly to the most profitable is greater.

I'd like to see a FC white paper or at least some projections derived from the mathematical model.

Starting a coin isn't a matter of changing two variable in a the bitcoin code. Total_coin and Block_interval is what is the most often changed without much reasoning or research behind it.

I don't know how half of alt coins will fail but they most certainly will.

I can predict some will fail because their value will have to be expressed in scientific notation to be understood.

1 FC = 1.654*10^-12 BTC or 0.000000000001654 BTC aka. 0.0001654 Satoshis
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
No Freicoin?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
You forget the best one: namecoin.
This. Add it already.
Activity: 363
Litecoin and then Microcash even though it's not officially out yet. It's going to offer a lot more innovative changes compared to these other copycat alt-coins.
Activity: 617
Merit: 531
rofl- all the Feathercoin votes must be people trollin'

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading.  

It's not the fact that people who have different opinions are trolling. It's the fact the Feathercoin has been out less than a week, there is absolutely nothing to do with it but trade it on sketchy Google document trading services, there are no REAL exchanges for it, nothing to buy, no services... it is as this point completely and utterly worthless except for speculation.

Now... will that change in the future? Maybe.

But, it is a joke that so many people "believe" in Feathercoin at this point in time. There is no evidence that it will live past next month, hardly any evidence of development yet, and it is an exact copy cat of Litecoin that provides no innovation.

All the new people are just obsessed with becoming Millionaires like the early Bitcoin adopters. But, I highly doubt this will pan out the way that they are thinking it will.

I believe it is popular because it fills a niche that people have been waiting for. FeatherCoin can happily sit along side Bitcoin and Litecoin where as a lot of the other Scrypt coins come out as alternatave to Litecoin which I think is a mistake.

Right now I am very busy trying to get various services up to support FC. Afterwards I am returning to development of the coin.
Activity: 388
Litecoins, followed by PPcoins and Mincoins
legendary
Activity: 1012
We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
I WAZ LOOKIN TO VOTES ON DA RUCOINS

Activity: 144
O man!!!  Fucking trolls …  Cheesy
Activity: 154
CoinTropolis

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading.  

It's not the fact that people who have different opinions are trolling. It's the fact the Feathercoin has been out less than a week, there is absolutely nothing to do with it but trade it on sketchy Google document trading services, there are no REAL exchanges for it, nothing to buy, no services... it is as this point completely and utterly worthless except for speculation.

But, it is a joke that so many people "believe" in Feathercoin at this point in time. There is no evidence that it will live past next month, hardly any evidence of development yet, and it is an exact copy cat of Litecoin that provides no innovation.

I respect the opinion. Some of us are putting our time and resources behind it, we'll see how things shake out in the future. It funny, we still hear the same thing about Litecoin from the Bitcoin purists. Good luck with the Solidcoin reboot. Smiley
Activity: 322

All the new people are just obsessed with becoming Millionaires like the early Bitcoin adopters. But, I highly doubt this will pan out the way that they are thinking it will.

Exactly, get rich quick idiots will always lose.  Which is why they go straight to my ignore.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Activity: 322

Nah, just all the noobs with either under 100 posts, most being around 20-40 posts, or have joined in the last 6 months (some noobs talk a lot).  FC is about to crash and burn.  But my ignore list is filling up nicely.

Edit: Also ignoring them cleans up this subforum to an almost readable level.
Pages:
Jump to: