Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] What current alt crypto-currency do YOU believe in? - page 3. (Read 5917 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
rofl- all the Feathercoin votes must be people trollin'

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading. 

Well said. Thanks
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
CoinTropolis

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading. 
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I like under-the-radar coins because when you only have one GPU and a bunch of CPU cores you need low difficulty coins.

Particularly nice are the ones you can merged-mine alongside bitcoins (or terracoins, presumably), so that is namecoin, devcoin, groupcoin, i0coin, ixcoin, coiledcoin and geistgeld.

BBQcoin was really nice because months and months and months went by with only CPU miners mining it, so it got into a huge number of people's hands, a lot of them being game players so enough players actually have some to make it useful in games.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
I'm a firm believer in the BibleCoin  Roll Eyes

In all semi-seriousness, Devcoin is my preferred altchain since it's a very novel concept. Since it's merge-mined with BTC it's also got some structure to it. After that, anything SHA-256 and anything significantly premined are probably duds.
Activity: 308
The big advantage FC has is that (I'd bet) a heck of a lot of people have them.  For example, I mined for 8 hours on my laptop and have 120 of them.  That's the kind of broader appeal that will get some actual use.  I have very little interest in sending my $$ to Japan so I can buy some bitcoins so that I can buy stuff here.  That's probably going to be just for speculators hoping the value will go up (and apparently being successful!).

It's unfortunate that FC was setup so the people to hop into it the first couple of days could make so many.  I would think a "proper" altcoin launch would include a broadbased announcement, a reasonable difficulty to start with, and some amount of infrastructure (pools, etc) so that it doesn't appear to be just for the benefit of a handful who are premining or in at the first hour with some serious hardware.

It could go both ways. Some people say that an advantage of no announcement beforehand would be so that those would huge server farms don't have a chance to setup their machines before the release. Imagine if we had 400 Mh/s on the first day instead of say 20 Mh/s.
Activity: 35
The big advantage FC has is that (I'd bet) a heck of a lot of people have them.  For example, I mined for 8 hours on my laptop and have 120 of them.  That's the kind of broader appeal that will get some actual use.  I have very little interest in sending my $$ to Japan so I can buy some bitcoins so that I can buy stuff here.  That's probably going to be just for speculators hoping the value will go up (and apparently being successful!).

It's unfortunate that FC was setup so the people to hop into it the first couple of days could make so many.  I would think a "proper" altcoin launch would include a broadbased announcement, a reasonable difficulty to start with, and some amount of infrastructure (pools, etc) so that it doesn't appear to be just for the benefit of a handful who are premining or in at the first hour with some serious hardware.
Activity: 308
Yes. The thing is, if a coin is to be globally accepted, all the "benefits" of one coin over another is going to be overlooked. Why? Because the average person doesn't care about what's under the hood just the fact they're trying to get money from one place to another. So what matters is getting people to use it, not that the coin has differences that set it apart unless it's a significant variance.
Activity: 280
Vantacor
Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

it could.. if the developers and community make a strong effort to get it accepted in the real world and give it a use.

lets be honest.. there's very little (that i know of) that LTC actually has done or does, other than exist and get mined the crap out of.

I'm not saying its a bad coin.. its just been stuck on the same version for a longgg time, developers aren't really around.. etc.

This is what I was saying in another thread. Community is the number one importance, then acceptance.  All you have to do is look at some of the other ridiculous coins that are worth more than everything buy LTC and BTC and wonder what the heck is going on(100k's premined???) The coins with the community and backing will win. Honestly that will be BTC(unless something bad happens) and one or two other alt coins. Now it's just a matter of which alt coins truly pick up steam and show they are worth something, will be an interesting time.
CoinTropolis
Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

it could.. if the developers and community make a strong effort to get it accepted in the real world and give it a use.

lets be honest.. there's very little (that i know of) that LTC actually has done or does, other than exist and get mined the crap out of.

I'm not saying its a bad coin.. its just been stuck on the same version for a longgg time, developers aren't really around.. etc.

We're speaking the same language!! Adoption is key to the coin's success.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Feathercoin. It has a great potential. What it need now is an easy, userfriendly, exchange site.
Activity: 476
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
I'm not big into 'this is a joke, that's a joke' type discussions. If you have a coin you like, put some enthusiasm toward it!  Here's to multiple crypto currencies succeeding and all of us being part of the solution to the adoption.

Hear, hear!  I have my preferred coins.  I wish no ill will at all towards holders of other coins.  I hope they all go up.
Activity: 476
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
Top tier alts
LTC

Middle Tier alts
NVC
NMC
DVC
PPC
TRC

Bottom Feeders
USD
BQC
IXC
RUC
SC

Unknown Tier (So they don't get mad at me Grin)
BTE
MNC
FC
CoinTropolis
If 'Pee-Pee' coin is great for marketing, we must be talking about different industries. Look, I have PPC, I hope it succeeds. The idea that Feathercoin has no marketing potential makes me (as the kids say) L.o.l.  I like the community that's building, I'm looking forward to continuing my push to move it forward.

I'm not big into 'this is a joke, that's a joke' type discussions. If you have a coin you like, put some enthusiasm toward it!  Here's to multiple crypto currencies succeeding and all of us being part of the solution to the adoption.

Activity: 42
I voted PPC because it's the only one listed that does something new and useful. Everything else on the poll is a blatant copy with no original ideas besides tweaking variables that don't matter (like block time) or switching to a botnet-friendly hash algo for the sake of obsolete mining hardware.

Don't waste your money on "boo hoo I missed the boat" pump-and-dump schemes.

PPCoin excites me a lot. I honestly think the only reason it hasn't risen even further in price is because people are still trying to wrap their heads around the original ideas. It has a lot of unique advantages over Bitcoin and Litecoin, I am compiling an easy understand list of them and am putting them on a simple website... stay tuned.

PPCoin, though there's still plenty of opportunity to overshadow it.

Feathercoin is a joke.

When the next scrypt based coin that actually adds some sick features to it comes out, that'll be huge. Feathercoin is just a distraction until then.

I used to say the same about Terracoin. Yet it's got to 50-60 cents being an almost complete Bitcoin clone. In fact it almost committed suicide and still it's going strong.

That's when I realised, it's people that give coins their value... Feathercoin is here to stay imo. Especially with so many Litecoin miners backing it.

Feathercoin isnt bad to me IMO. They way i see it is that BTC and LTC have a good backing to them, and Feathercoin just expands the options better for people that dont have LTC due to the LTC hoarders. PPC is the one that just is unique to a lot of other coins there. I would like it being used someday, with BTC just being reserved for high cost, high level transactions such as buying property, while PPC, FC and LTC can replace the actual dollar, with LTC being used for the semi-high transactions such as buying cars, etc. There arent just enough bitcons to go around, especially when some people are like "OMG Bitcoin! I want one! Just ONE!. And theres only 21 mil to go around..):

Someone feel free to correct me if my logic is flawed.
legendary
Activity: 1344
I voted PPC because it's the only one listed that does something new and useful. Everything else on the poll is a blatant copy with no original ideas besides tweaking variables that don't matter (like block time) or switching to a botnet-friendly hash algo for the sake of obsolete mining hardware.

PPCoin excites me a lot. I honestly think the only reason it hasn't risen even further in price is because people are still trying to wrap their heads around the original ideas. It has a lot of unique advantages over Bitcoin and Litecoin, I am compiling an easy understand list of them and am putting them on a simple website... stay tuned.

Feathercoin is a joke.

When the next scrypt based coin that actually adds some sick features to it comes out, that'll be huge. Feathercoin is just a distraction until then.

I used to say the same about Terracoin. Yet it's got to 50-60 cents being an almost complete Bitcoin clone. In fact it almost committed suicide and still it's going strong.

That's when I realised, it's people that give coins their value... Feathercoin is here to stay imo. Especially with so many Litecoin miners backing it.

Activity: 950

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

Feathercoin is a joke.

Pages:
Jump to: