Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] What current alt crypto-currency do YOU believe in? - page 4. (Read 5917 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 502
I've read a lot of threads about the next biggest coin.  Generally the poster quotes how this coin is better for x mathematical reason.  Bottom line, IMHO, the only ones that will survive will be the ones that can actually be marketed to the general public.  Without the common Joe being able to relate to the new currency as a monetary asset, IMHO, the coin will not be worth using, to him.  As with anything in the world, marketing and sales are everything.

Coins with names like feathercoin, novacoin, BBQ coin have no marketing potential to the general public IMO.  Maybe as a trade based coin they offer some potential but not as a mass use coin.  Bitcoin, litecoin, bytecoin, and PPcoin are the best in terms of marketing to the general public.  If average Joe isn't going to use the coin, it's not going to be big... Teddy my bartender is never going to accept a coin name BBQ Coin.  Remember there are a lot of stupid people out there which are only going to use a coin if it sounds great, not because it's been premined, has the best algorithm, or whatever.

People can relate and understand the correlation between a 'computer term' and a digital currency.  Using names like 'bit', 'byte', 'mega', 'kilo' are key terms in helping the average Joe understand that they are using a digital currency.

I'm sure people have other opinions which defer from mine.  I'm just looking at all the coins from a marketing perspective.
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
there i miss the bytecoin
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
You forget the best one: namecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

Services make all the difference in the world. The right people behind a specific coin can act like a catalyst behind the value.  I'm deep in quite a few coins, if any increase, I'm loving life. My point is, community and what is developed will push it forward.  I'd be more than happy to see Feathercoin at a 4:1 with Litecoin long term.

I agree 100%. The community is definitely pushing right behind Feathercoin and we are seeing a lot of community support. Bytecoin was generating a similar level of buzz until an ASIC killed it stone dead, Feathercoin won't run into that problem so it's going to be a very exciting and intriguing experiment to see how far Feathercoin can go Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
Bitcoin, Bytecoin, Terracoin
Activity: 154
CoinTropolis
Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

Services make all the difference in the world. The right people behind a specific coin can act like a catalyst behind the value.  I'm deep in quite a few coins, if any increase, I'm loving life. My point is, community and what is developed will push it forward.  I'd be more than happy to see Feathercoin at a 4:1 with Litecoin long term.
Activity: 126
I dont want to trash anyone's new coin.
But, I don't fully see how Feathercoin can offer a longer viability than Litecoin.
I'm thinking people are rushing to the idea of the 'early adopter' phase with Feathercoin.
Structurally, it is the same right? (Except 200 coin reward for block found.)

Also, haven't even really talked about Novacoin.
By the structure, I think I would believe in NVC more than FC. I like the idea of scrypt/PoW+PoS.
But surely the 'early adopter' phase has rounded off for that, and the massive premine has likely tainted its image, even if the coins were destroyed.

Also yes, I will vote any alt-currency which is ASIC resistant.
legendary
Activity: 1344

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Ones that can't be mine with ASIC , so LTC and FC
Activity: 126
Just curious. I'm targetting the question more to scrypt algorithms, however I added some sha256 ones for kicks.

There is a lot of hype with FeatherCoin, but I was hoping to see more of a design improvement for hopping onto a new coin.
And currently, I'm mining FC, because there is a demand for it.
I want to hold onto my generated coin but I am concerned about it's future.

edit:
added bbq,bte, & 'none' option to poll, forgot about them. since nmc and dvc are merged mining to bitcoin, i didn't add.
also forgot many of the others but they are mostly phased out.
Pages:
Jump to: