Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex, Bitfinex, Bittrex... completely full of problems - page 2. (Read 1490 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
laziness, underinvestment, arrogance.

they print money and enough users are happy enough. that's no incentive to really get things in order.

kraken is another one. almost every day you see someone complaining about the trade engine failing them somehow.

at this stage of the game i was expecting the whole infrastructure to be much slicker than it is now.

Regulators have, so far, taken a very lax approach. Bitfinex was charged a small fine ($75k IIRC) for mismanaging their margin assets with regard to US customers. I wonder if things will change after the BTC-e seizure.

To be honest, I would have thought that regulated exchanges would face more backlash for the constant API and trade engine failures. Coinbase comes to mind in particular.

Considering Poloniex is based in the US, I have to wonder if they might face some action from regulators/law enforcement given the constant stream of complaints not just about the trading engine or margin lending, but about unwillingness to pay out funds on deposit....
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
laziness, underinvestment, arrogance.

they print money and enough users are happy enough. that's no incentive to really get things in order.

kraken is another one. almost every day you see someone complaining about the trade engine failing them somehow.

at this stage of the game i was expecting the whole infrastructure to be much slicker than it is now.
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Poloniex is definitely worrisome. It was understandable back in May or June when the ICO craze was at its peak and their userbase was understandably getting bigger and bigger. But now? It's scary that people are saying they've been waiting for withdrawals for months. That's Cryptsy-level stuff right there.

Exactly my thoughts. They must have real financial issues, else this level of problems would be impossible to think of.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
I am not happy with Kraken's trading engine, but I've not heard any horror stories about accounts being blocked or withdrawals being "stuck".

I've never been happy with their security options; they offer things like "static" 2FA, which is simply nonsensical. I think they had a database leak last year because a lot of accounts got drained. Apparently, users could set 2FA only on withdrawal (not login), and 2FA could be removed from within the account more or less immediately. I hope that vulnerability has since been fixed.

Poloniex is definitely worrisome. It was understandable back in May or June when the ICO craze was at its peak and their userbase was understandably getting bigger and bigger. But now? It's scary that people are saying they've been waiting for withdrawals for months. That's Cryptsy-level stuff right there.
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Some examples, just the ones I can see in the first pages:

Poloniex
Example #1, Example #2, Example #3, Example #4

Bitfinex
Example #1

Bittrex
Example #1
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
When I see the Exchanges section in the Service Discussion every day, there's no single day I don't see a complaint against one of these exchanges.

Now, I understand that every company with a rather big amount of users is going to have complaints.

However it is unreasonable that there are so many complaints and so many problems with all three exchanges I mentioned.

Do you think they are purposely making some of these problems "appear" it is it just a consequence of the increase in volumes in the last few weeks?

Even if that's the reason, they have no reason not to hire more people and get better servers.

I am not happy with Kraken's trading engine, but I've not heard any horror stories about accounts being blocked or withdrawals being "stuck".
Pages:
Jump to: