Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex SupporT! Please Help Me!! (Accidentally deposited BTC to USDT wallet ) - page 3. (Read 783 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 6
Finally I understood that I need to wait Poloniex support because only they can solve this issue and This Omni changes will not effect my process ..  Am I right ?
Only Poloniex can give you support or reject your recovery request. You received their email that is written with positive signal. They might give you support (or might not but at least they did not reject your recovery request).

You have to calm down, wait for their responses.

If you need more updates from Poloniex for your request, remember that you should never create any new support tickets. New support tickets only mess things up. You must send them email in for your old support ticket (current one) for more updates.

When people are in panic, they create many support ticket for same issue that is not a good action.

Thank your for your reply, I didnt create second ticket. I always relpy them on my first ticket about of 25 days.

But still I dont understand, this OMNI changes will effect my process or not. Because they wrote me that after 30 April they will not support more omni ..

Is it bad for me ? thanks
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
Finally I understood that I need to wait Poloniex support because only they can solve this issue and This Omni changes will not effect my process ..  Am I right ?
Only Poloniex can give you support or reject your recovery request. You received their email that is written with positive signal. They might give you support (or might not but at least they did not reject your recovery request).

You have to calm down, wait for their responses.

If you need more updates from Poloniex for your request, remember that you should never create any new support tickets. New support tickets only mess things up. You must send them email in for your old support ticket (current one) for more updates.

When people are in panic, they create many support ticket for same issue that is not a good action.
Hi canyalos1

I replied here as you asked me in PM. Thank you for your PM and hope that my post can help you to calm down.
This is my USDT adress which one I accidentally sent bitcoin.
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1Han49haYVjn7rsWYFDfyeLBvKKbmXUNuv?page=1

Transaction ID : 23a63c1a479faedecc3dc959616353e506db95002f3217516f3761db1ede99e8

Amount : +0.39950000 BTC
It is BTC address, not USDT address on OMNI layer. You can confuse that USDT address on OMNI layer has same address as BTC address but you have to be careful.

Send your BTC to your USDT address on OMNI layer on exchanges will result in loss. Many members wrote their advices above and they are correct. You are in bad situation and only can rely on Poloniex support.

Regarding to the USDT on OMNI layer, you can check Binance exchange that stops their support for this one too.

If they will dont use omni network how can they recover bitcoins with private key..
You have to read what is OMNI layer.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.  Sorry about of my english because its not good. 

This is my usdt wallet on Poloniex

Thanks
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
Hi canyalos1

I replied here as you asked me in PM. Thank you for your PM and hope that my post can help you to calm down.
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1Han49haYVjn7rsWYFDfyeLBvKKbmXUNuv?page=1

Transaction ID : 23a63c1a479faedecc3dc959616353e506db95002f3217516f3761db1ede99e8

It is BTC address, not USDT address on OMNI layer. You can confuse that USDT address on OMNI layer has same address as BTC address but you have to be careful.

Send your BTC to your USDT address on OMNI layer on exchanges will result in loss. Many members wrote their advices above and they are correct. You are in bad situation and only can rely on Poloniex support.

Regarding to the USDT on OMNI layer, you can check Binance exchange that stops their support for this one too.

Ideally, it should be handled explicitly in the agreement, but this agreement predated the concept of forkcoins.

Hardforks are not impossible in Bitcoin, Bitcoin is not ruled by miners, and there is no objective way to determine what the true Bitcoin is.
I suppose an analogy would be a fine-art storage company selling selfies with famous artworks.
It's annoying because:
 - Not asking was unprofessional.
- Taking a private key out of cold storage always has some amount of risk.
 - I now have to spend time on this drama.

The airdrop amount is unimportant, and I'd feel exactly the same if the airdrop amount was 100x more or 100x less. If I'd been holding the BTC, no airdrops would've been received at all, since I never participate in those.
Hi, Yesterday I got reply from  Poloniex vkontake offical page. They gave me e amil adress ( [email protected] ), I directly wrote email to him and I explaned the subject. He quickly answered me today as

" Okay! I understood you. I will make a request for your ticket.

I will write to you as I get information. "

And I got reply to my ticket . ( The same answer come again after 8 days. Today is the 24th day since I open the ticket )

I'm really tired. Why don't they tell me when it will end.  I spend all my time solving this problem, but I can't do anything. Who had similar problems they resolved within maximum1 week at the latest.

I dont know What should I do  Sad Sad

If they will dont use omni network how can they recover bitcoins with private key..

As long as they have the private key, they have the means to recover your coins and removing support for OMNI doesn't necessarily mean they are discarding those keys.

This is the new email which one I got from Poloniex. What they want to say me ? I dont understand..
-snip-
"Please be sure to withdraw before this date. If you do not withdraw prior to April 30, 2021, we will not be able to recover your funds. "

I forgot to mention this but the two emails you've received are actually just updates from poloniex in regards to their exchange which is sent to a lot of ppl and is not poloniex's direct reply to your case. This email is basically about poloniex removing the altcoins BAS, DMG and COVER so the "please be sure to withdraw before..." warning is for people who has those coins in their exchange.

Anyway, they still haven't touched your coins which is good. When you said you wrote on twitter, did you mean this @PoloSupport? if not, pls also write to them.

And to these big subreddits as well. The goal is to gain enough attention for poloniex to notice you. Make a catchy title like "poloniex not responding for almost a month, $25K stuck!"

Lastly op, to me it seems our points are getting across well but if english does gets too hard for you, pls do check our local boards (scroll all the way down in the forum's homepage), you might get someone who speaks the same language as you to translate it :' )

Hi, thank you for you answer .. I alredy wrote @PoloSupport 3-4 time in 22 days, but never reply me . I also write Poloniex Offical twitter .. Now I posting my issue to reddit.

Reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/mrj3ia/poloniex_xxxxxxxx_almost_a_month/
Reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/mrj8iy/poloniex_xxxxxxxx_almost_a_month/
Reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrencies/comments/mrjcpa/poloniex_xxxxxxxx_almost_a_month/
Reddit.com/r/BitcoinBeginners/comments/mrjdqi/poloniex_xxxxxxxx_almost_a_month/

I directly got message for r/CryptoCurrency that

"Hello, your post was removed because your account is less than 60 days old or you do not have the required 500 comment karma to make post submissions."

and

Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/BitcoinBeginners.
Moderators remove posts from feeds for a variety of reasons, including keeping communities safe, civil, and true to their purpose.

I dont understand why 2 post got these issue..thank you for your help..
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡

As long as they have the private key, they have the means to recover your coins and removing support for OMNI doesn't necessarily mean they are discarding those keys.

This is the new email which one I got from Poloniex. What they want to say me ? I dont understand..
-snip-
"Please be sure to withdraw before this date. If you do not withdraw prior to April 30, 2021, we will not be able to recover your funds. "

I forgot to mention this but the two emails you've received are actually just updates from poloniex in regards to their exchange which is sent to a lot of ppl and is not poloniex's direct reply to your case. This email is basically about poloniex removing the altcoins BAS, DMG and COVER so the "please be sure to withdraw before..." warning is for people who has those coins in their exchange.

Anyway, they still haven't touched your coins which is good. When you said you wrote on twitter, did you mean this @PoloSupport? if not, pls also write to them.

And to these big subreddits as well. The goal is to gain enough attention for poloniex to notice you. Make a catchy title like "poloniex not responding for almost a month, $25K stuck!"

Lastly op, to me it seems our points are getting across well but if english does gets too hard for you, pls do check our local boards (scroll all the way down in the forum's homepage), you might get someone who speaks the same language as you to translate it :' )
Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
-snip-

Each deposit address on CEX has its own private key which is stored by the exchange and is used to construct trigger contracts to the exchange's central wallet. cmiiw
Your only hope is that poloniex acknowledges that they still keep archived private keys of all USDT (Omni) deposit addresses including yours. They will use that privkey to access your wallet and send your BTC back.
I got a email from 22 March from Poloniex, I dont understand what they mean. Because here is have some tech. details.  But I want to know this information will affect my process ?

-snip-

USDT sits on several blockchains e.g. OMNI, ETH, TRON which means you can have USDT in either of them. Omni network uses bitcoin blockchain which is why you were able to send BTC to a 'USDT address', because it's essentially a BTC address. The announcement is pretty much poloniex informing they are removing the support of OMNI chain to USDT and that all USDTs will be migrated to a new chain so users doesn't need to do anything. Unless they are completely discarding all OMNI addresses which is least likely to me, I don't think it will greatly affect your case. Archiving could increase the workload but that's about it.

And op I see that you sent them the transaction ID, can you paste it in a block explorer like blockchair.com and tell us if your bitcoins moved? if you aren't sure, you can send the transaction ID here

Hi, Thank You for your reply..

And just before I got a different email from Poloniex. I only afraid of that .. If it will effect my process , after 15 days I will never get back my coins.. 
" 1Han49haYVjn7rsWYFDfyeLBvKKbmXUNuv " I can see this usdt wallet when I click " Deposit On Omni " button on my Poloniex User Panel.
Sorry I have very little technical knowledge.. and my English is not soo good. What do you think about it ?

yesssir! 🫡
I got a email from 22 March from Poloniex, I dont understand what they mean. Because here is have some tech. details.  But I want to know this information will affect my process ?

-snip-

USDT sits on several blockchains e.g. OMNI, ETH, TRON which means you can have USDT in either of them. Omni network uses bitcoin blockchain which is why you were able to send BTC to a 'USDT address', because it's essentially a BTC address. The announcement is pretty much poloniex informing they are removing the support of OMNI chain to USDT and that all USDTs will be migrated to a new chain so users doesn't need to do anything. Unless they are completely discarding all OMNI addresses which is least likely to me, I don't think it will greatly affect your case. Archiving could increase the workload but that's about it.

And op I see that you sent them the transaction ID, can you paste it in a block explorer like blockchair.com and tell us if your bitcoins moved? if you aren't sure, you can send the transaction ID here
snip snip

In your case I would reply one more time to Poloniex and I would probably try to, once again, make pressure in all social network they are in (Reddit and Twitter probably). If needed, just open another ticket stating that the problem of ticket X hasn't been solved so far, even after X amount of days. Chances are they'll dismiss the ticket saying that the issue must be solved on the original complaint ticket, but at least you've tried every possible way of communication with them.

Hi,

I already post to reddit and write them on twitter . But they dont reply to me yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/poloniex/comments/mpblyf/poloniex_support_please_help_me_accidentally/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Thanks
snip snip
I'm stand from the point of view that every human has the right to chase their case / conviction without any barrier / difficulties. If language is a barrier to you and you don't want to paste some google translator text because you fear that the message may be lost, just post here your back and forth communications with Poloniex and I'm sure that someone will eventually help you (if I'm not able due to time constraints and such).

In your case I would reply one more time to Poloniex and I would probably try to, once again, make pressure in all social network they are in (Reddit and Twitter probably). If needed, just open another ticket stating that the problem of ticket X hasn't been solved so far, even after X amount of days. Chances are they'll dismiss the ticket saying that the issue must be solved on the original complaint ticket, but at least you've tried every possible way of communication with them.

Keep us posted. While Tether for sure says that it's possible to recover, until you get a definitive and clear answer from Poloniex, I would say to keep your hopes moderated regarding this issue.

Hi, Thank you very much for taking the time and writing me a message.

I got a email from 22 March from Poloniex, I dont understand what they mean. Because here is have some tech. details.  But I want to know this information will affect my process ?

Thanks..
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
snip snip
I'm stand from the point of view that every human has the right to chase their case / conviction without any barrier / difficulties. If language is a barrier to you and you don't want to paste some google translator text because you fear that the message may be lost, just post here your back and forth communications with Poloniex and I'm sure that someone will eventually help you (if I'm not able due to time constraints and such).

Keep us posted. While Tether for sure says that it's possible to recover, until you get a definitive and clear answer from Poloniex, I would say to keep your hopes moderated regarding this issue.
A piece of advice if you ever get rejected (which I very hope not!) is to don't settle for it!

There are more peeps who has done the same mistake so the money pool is much bigger. There is a huge chance that these ppl won't just leave those huge amount of monies in limbo forever, there will come a time where the money pool is gonna be worth more than the workload needed to recover them so just say that you'd wait and monitor your cross-chain sent coins if they moved or not.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I opened this post and need help because of my english and tech. not so good.  Thats why I need all advice about of this issue.  This mistake happaned 3 years ago I mean at 16.12.2018 .. I always think that ı can not get back bitcoins, but 1 month ago I read post on bitcointalk who recover his coins.. After that I  did a little research and I learned that it is possible. Directly I opened ticket on Poloniex .. I got this reply

I reply Transaction ID to this email 22 days ago. And I got last reply at 8 April

Also I opened ticket on Tether, I told them the subject and get reply like that

I write them on telegram, twitter , vk but still I dont get back my bitcoins..  I hope they will help me.. Sad
yesssir! 🫡
A piece of advice if you ever get rejected (which I very hope not!) is to don't settle for it!

There are more peeps who has done the same mistake so the money pool is much bigger. There is a huge chance that these ppl won't just leave those huge amount of monies in limbo forever, there will come a time where the money pool is gonna be worth more than the workload needed to recover them so just say that you'd wait and monitor your cross-chain sent coins if they moved or not.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
~snip~

Hi, Thank you for your answer..

I want to say I didnt send any different btc wallet from my Poloniex account. I send accidentally bitcoin from my binance account to Poloniex usdt wallet.  I mean they can recover my bitcoin with usdt private key which one I sent bitcoin.  I read some post who had the same issue and they get back their bitcoins, and tether support reply me that Poloniex can recover it with private key.

Poloniex dont give me my usdt wallet private key. They told me they can not because of some security reason which one I do not understand.

I check this link ( https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040033013-Depositing-to-the-Wrong-Address- ) but I hope here is different event ... Sad

I am still waiting. Today 21th day.. and I am very very sad about of it. This is big amount for me..  

Please do understand that private keys are, well, private. So it cannot simply be given away.

Of course, you need to make regular follow-ups through their official channels. Email them, chat with them, tweet them, make a topic about your case, and so on.

That is indeed a big amount not just for you but for everyone else. $25,500 is a big amount for everyone. Just continue to communicate with them and hopefully they will bring you good news soon.
Depositing to the Wrong Address.[1] This refers to coins sent to the wrong address or to an incompatible wallet.

Poloniex does not offer a token/coin recovery service because the process to recover tokens is extremely complicated and may result in significant cost, time, and risk.

If you deposited your coins to the wrong address, it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to recover them, since blockchain transactions are permanent and immutable. We can attempt to recover these funds, but there is no guarantee it can be done, nor do we offer a timeline for this process.

To avoid this situation in the future, please take extra caution when depositing funds to make sure the coins match the wallet you are depositing to. Please ensure you are depositing coins to a compatible wallet before initiating a transaction.

In fairness to Poloniex, I think it is not their obligation to recover coins for their careless clients. It is clear on their part that they do not get involved in such recovery process, which is considered risky as much as it is time consuming.

However, I believe this is a case-to-case basis, and seeing that your transaction involves a relatively big amount, I think they will lend you a hand, or so I hope. They may or may not attempt to recover your funds. So you just be courteous in regularly making follow-ups. And expect that this will surely come with a fee.

[1] https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040033013-Depositing-to-the-Wrong-Address-

Hi, Thank you for your answer..

I want to say I didnt send any different btc wallet from my Poloniex account. I send accidentally bitcoin from my binance account to Poloniex usdt wallet.  I mean they can recover my bitcoin with usdt private key which one I sent bitcoin.  I read some post who had the same issue and they get back their bitcoins, and tether support reply me that Poloniex can recover it with private key.

Poloniex dont give me my usdt wallet private key. They told me they can not because of some security reason which one I do not understand.

I check this link ( https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040033013-Depositing-to-the-Wrong-Address- ) but I hope here is different event ... Sad

I am still waiting. Today 21th day.. and I am very very sad about of it. This is big amount for me..  
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
Depositing to the Wrong Address.[1] This refers to coins sent to the wrong address or to an incompatible wallet.

Poloniex does not offer a token/coin recovery service because the process to recover tokens is extremely complicated and may result in significant cost, time, and risk.

If you deposited your coins to the wrong address, it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to recover them, since blockchain transactions are permanent and immutable. We can attempt to recover these funds, but there is no guarantee it can be done, nor do we offer a timeline for this process.

To avoid this situation in the future, please take extra caution when depositing funds to make sure the coins match the wallet you are depositing to. Please ensure you are depositing coins to a compatible wallet before initiating a transaction.

In fairness to Poloniex, I think it is not their obligation to recover coins for their careless clients. It is clear on their part that they do not get involved in such recovery process, which is considered risky as much as it is time consuming.

However, I believe this is a case-to-case basis, and seeing that your transaction involves a relatively big amount, I think they will lend you a hand, or so I hope. They may or may not attempt to recover your funds. So you just be courteous in regularly making follow-ups. And expect that this will surely come with a fee.

[1] https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040033013-Depositing-to-the-Wrong-Address-
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Yes your are correct. I hope Poloniex help me like the other users because amount is big for me....  Sad(
If you sent 0.4 BTC, I think they will help you and recover the bitcoin for you, however I think it will take a long time because few employees have this kind of access, and the procedure to recover a deposit sent to an incorrect address type is high risk. I would suggest that you continue to follow up periodically.

Hi, Yes I understand you are right. What should I do if poloniex decited to send bitcoins back ?  Thanks..
You should be clear as to what you want them to do if they recover the bitcoin. Sending the bitcoin back to the address it was sent from will put you in the same situation, but with another exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
Hi, Yes I understand you are right. What should I do if poloniex decited to send bitcoins back ?  Thanks..
I don't know how these "refunds" usually proceed, but at least you should give them your Binance BTC address OR ask them to send that BTC to your BTC address within your Poloniex account.
Pages:
Jump to: