Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex will become great again! - page 11. (Read 1737 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
April 27, 2019, 09:43:09 PM
Poloniex used to be one of the market leaders along with Bittrex before the newer generation of exchanges arrived, which have taken out the top positions lately due to unusually high trade volumes that some experts have claimed is fake or "wash trading", however, it still remains one of the longest standing and most reputable startups in operation since before the last bubble and it does offer good options for margin trading
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
April 26, 2019, 07:02:21 PM
Most of people know about how bad polo maintain its exchange site. Polo will never go back again at the top of crypto exchange site. People are prefer using another trusted exchange site. US exchange is too risky to be used by everyone.
I think different than yours opinion. US exchanges are more secure and more reliable than Chinese exchanges. Over the year of 2018, there are so many Chinese exchanges or likely copy-paste of Chinese exchange pattern launched (because they have nearly same GUI), maybe I am wrong, but its my feeling when I looked at them. In late months of 2018 and very early months of 2019, US exchanges upgraded their platforms, so I believed they aimed at higher security levels for their customers and prepared for future. They even have not joined the party of Chinese exchanges. In global economy, China is more vulnerable than the US, even China is the second biggest economy in the world, and is the fastest grown economy over recent decades.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
April 26, 2019, 11:07:52 AM
I dont think Poloniex will be able to be the greatest exchanges again, they got less innovation and they may need a hard-thinker, an planner in their team who understand people's favor to be able to get people's interest. Crypto traders always want anything new, and currently only Binance knows how to satisfy users.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
April 26, 2019, 10:46:28 AM
I do not believe that poloniex is going to be the leading exchange on the market. They were bought by another company not so long time ago and they seem to understand what they are doing and they will definitely make poloniex better. But there is still a long long way till getting into top 5.
If Binance can make it (started from zero and became the biggest one within few more the), why Poloniex can not become great again? At least, top five exchange in next one, two, or three years? If the Poloniex do their works well, by well I meant bringing new features for their customers, they will have bright future, and will certainly come back to be a top exchange. I think they should hit the top 10 exchange first, that even a challenge for them at the moment.
Most of people know about how bad polo maintain its exchange site. Polo will never go back again at the top of crypto exchange site. People are prefer using another trusted exchange site. US exchange is too risky to be used by everyone.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
April 26, 2019, 10:39:05 AM
Well poloniex was great exchange, but many people complain about that exchange maybe that's the reason why people leave, not popular anymore. I hope that poloniex will be great again.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 26, 2019, 10:37:00 AM
Probable reason might be BSV because most of the reputed exchanges were delisted it so people who are holding it have no other options than picking Poloniex even if there are lot of issues on it before.I am also interested to see Poloniex back but not sure this can be considered as comeback for them.
April 26, 2019, 10:08:25 AM
Binance had a clear strategy to earn its position now: low trading fee. (correct me if I'm wrong, Binance's initial fee was a half lower than other exchanges' at that time). This is not only Binance's strategy but all of other products or services of China. I don't have any hatred on Poloniex but all of my impression about it is an exchange of trash/pump & dump tokens. Binance, Okex and Huobi have gone too far now, I don't think there's any chance for Polo to compete them, especially under fierce competition from veteran and emerging exchanges like Bittrex, Kucoin, Gate, Bitmax or Latoken.

I even don't care about trading fees, especially when we can get profits from trading orders. In my perspective, Poloniex has simple GUI, but sometimes and someone call in love with simplity,. I don't think colorful, complicated design can make a attractive exchange. It's depends on each user's favorite. As one member shared his experience with Poloniex, I have never gotten troubles that unsolved with Poloniex. All things are fine at the ends, after support tickets sent and wait for a while.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
April 26, 2019, 09:58:18 AM
I do not believe that poloniex is going to be the leading exchange on the market. They were bought by another company not so long time ago and they seem to understand what they are doing and they will definitely make poloniex better. But there is still a long long way till getting into top 5.
If Binance can make it (started from zero and became the biggest one within few more the), why Poloniex can not become great again? At least, top five exchange in next one, two, or three years? If the Poloniex do their works well, by well I meant bringing new features for their customers, they will have bright future, and will certainly come back to be a top exchange. I think they should hit the top 10 exchange first, that even a challenge for them at the moment.

Definitely, they have the chance to gain its luster again.
Been using Polo for so many years and actually, I made this as my bitcoin storage for quite some time.
But I realized that I need to be ready in case something goes awry, so I sent my btc to my own wallet.
But with all those years being with Polo, never had encountered any difficulty whatsoever from my end.
So if they will follow thru their plans and strengthen their position, they will for sure be one of those top exchanges again.

Activity: 113
Merit: 2
April 26, 2019, 09:45:24 AM
Binance had a clear strategy to earn its position now: low trading fee. (correct me if I'm wrong, Binance's initial fee was a half lower than other exchanges' at that time). This is not only Binance's strategy but all of other products or services of China. I don't have any hatred on Poloniex but all of my impression about it is an exchange of trash/pump & dump tokens. Binance, Okex and Huobi have gone too far now, I don't think there's any chance for Polo to compete them, especially under fierce competition from veteran and emerging exchanges like Bittrex, Kucoin, Gate, Bitmax or Latoken.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
April 26, 2019, 09:15:48 AM
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
April 26, 2019, 07:50:02 AM
I haven't used this exchange for a long time so I don't know the latest information. I stopped using it, because I had a deposit problem. after that I don't use it anymore. when seen adding a coin to the margin trading service, it's pretty good too. but I don't think that's exactly what is needed. Poloniex rarely registers new coins. if I am more active like Binance and other exchanges, maybe the trading volume will return to the top.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
April 26, 2019, 07:40:52 AM
in a cutthroat competition when things are so close and everyone is hard at work to push the others (the competition) out of the game and take their place, when you lose your place it is over. taking it back is near impossible and based on what i have been seeing Poloniex is constantly losing its position when you look at their volume and the fact that they have increasingly made it difficult for people to use their platform with all their rules, KYC, AML,... and basically verification. i don't see them coming back ever again to become half great.
April 25, 2019, 11:43:30 PM
I was a long user of Poloniex and there was nothing that bad with the exchange, Bittrex and Binance just elevated the level of exchanges. Being a new generation exchange, they were catchy in eyes, quick with support and lower in fees. While poloniex was stuck with outdated GUI and higher fees for everything. After seeing this topic, I revisited Poloniex and still the same GUI and a taker fees of 0.2%. Who in the world would pay 0.2% these days?
At least they have changed, I don't say those changes, by now are significant enough to bring them back soon. In my opinion, they should do more, and even they do more things to revise their mistakes in 2017 and 2018, it will takes long period for them to catch eyes of traders before really attracting money from them. It is a step-by-step recovery, and I don't expect them can come back in months. Maybe it takes 2 or three years for Poloniex to come back before can be able to beat Binance. Giants can make mistakes, like Microsoft, Nokia, or even recent months Apple, and small ones can become bigger then beat giants to become new giants. At least, Poloniex don't have to restart from zero, at least they have still been a medium exchange.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
April 25, 2019, 10:46:09 PM
I remember those days, the exchange was the standard of crypto traders, everyone looked up to it. But time goes on and the number of trading platforms is growing. Don't think Poloniex be able to return its status of the most popularnoj exchange.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
April 25, 2019, 10:27:01 PM
I was a long user of Poloniex and there was nothing that bad with the exchange, Bittrex and Binance just elevated the level of exchanges. Being a new generation exchange, they were catchy in eyes, quick with support and lower in fees. While poloniex was stuck with outdated GUI and higher fees for everything. After seeing this topic, I revisited Poloniex and still the same GUI and a taker fees of 0.2%. Who in the world would pay 0.2% these days?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
April 25, 2019, 10:20:24 PM
I hope they can become a big exchange again, tbh when i heard poloniex will sold to someone/company (cmiiw) i already leave the exchange. Good luck to them, i believe if they can become great again if there is no problem. I'll try to login my old account again maybe later.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
April 25, 2019, 09:50:56 PM
I don't think they will.
They adapt the policy to require user identification, to be able trading on their exchange.
this one is not gone increase their users base.
yes, it's make new user not welcome to poloniex when identification required. but they make a rules for safety.
when poloniex make a inovation next and friendly for trader what ever identify require can make new user welcome and trading to polo will be safe and not affraid they wallet hacked.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
April 25, 2019, 06:37:42 PM
Well unfortunately i wish Poloniex and other exchanges to be secured and let people use them and to have more bigger exchanges and not only low amount, because is better to have from where to choose.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
April 25, 2019, 06:15:41 PM
Okay? Is Poloniex don't have plan to delist BCHSV like what the others did? I think they should reconsider the option and make a move or else they stall on their place and if they think many still buy BCHSV then they're just keeping a trash.

Btw, margin trading isn't new and wouldn't help Polo in any way.
But, the reason is Poloniex is one of the oldest, and most reputable exchange,

Do not go there. You cannot reason out something just because they are old.
Reputable? Hmmm I doubt that. They had so many big problems that was not completely disclosed.
Here in bitcoin forum a lot of users are mad in their threads about Poloniex which is just ignoring them.

Customer service is important. A lot of problems may happen on the road and keeping their customer on track should be mandatory.
I bet they have already made some money with all those stolen funds.
April 25, 2019, 06:02:05 PM
IEOs or not, it does not essential things to help Poloniex to return. Their customer support has changed to be good recent months, very fast. The reasons fro them now are: to attract flow of money from traders to their exchange. At the moment, no one one to rejoin low volume exchange. To get it, they have  to do at least two things: building up their trust , and giving aways more type of passive income to their users, like from staking assert on exchange. However, I believe in Poloniex, like US and China. China grown fast, but more vulnerable to collapse
Pages:
Jump to: