Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex will become great again! - page 6. (Read 1737 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 1
May 10, 2019, 06:13:08 AM
If I were in the Poloniex team, I'd make a new and powerful image change. Then I would try to create a hype with a big advertising campaign.

Some team members do not k ow what it requires to build a project. Set it up right, go into good publicity, marketing and the project will be hyped thereby bringing more investors
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
May 10, 2019, 04:11:00 AM
This is good news because I like the exchange of poloniex which is easy to use and simple, but when I come back they have made an obligation to KYC this makes me sad but if they will come back with a better one it will not be a problem for KYC. Poloniex is a simple and complete exchange

I think KYC already common in many exchangers because exchangers should comply with government regulation. Exchangers like Poloniex trusted by investor because their reputation and recently, Poloniex accepted by US Regulator and i think its good news for Poloniex.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
May 10, 2019, 03:40:12 AM
Poloniex is moving towards great goals, but I do not see anything that can bring it to the top. They have normal trading volumes, not so much trading pairs, no margin trading and were sold not so long time ago.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
May 10, 2019, 03:38:45 AM
This is good news because I like the exchange of poloniex which is easy to use and simple, but when I come back they have made an obligation to KYC this makes me sad but if they will come back with a better one it will not be a problem for KYC. Poloniex is a simple and complete exchange
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
May 10, 2019, 01:49:32 AM
Poloniex has a great history in my trading career. I learned to trade there and get some big profits. but some big issues made me move my assets to bittrex.
so far I don't know whether poloniex is still safe. One time I will return.
I too experienced the same thing as you, Poloniex is a good exchange place and my favorite place. but that first, now I don't use poloniex anymore. because I prefer to trade on binance or kucoin. the reason I left Poloniex was because I had begun to doubt the security of Poloniex.
it's better because doubts only make you uncomfortable. but indeed nothing is safe at this time. just look at the recent binary case, 7000 BTC was successfully stolen from binance which is the best and popular exchange at the moment. bitrex is still clean from hacking cases
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
May 09, 2019, 07:06:10 PM
Decentralized or centralized exchanges, which type of exchange is better for crypto investors and traders is clear, by now. It is centralized exchanges, even Vitalik Buterin supports decentralized exchanges through one of his statements months ago. Each kind of exchanges have its own pros and cons, but for now users tend to prefer centralized exchanges rather than decentralized ones. Maybe the trend will change in the future, but for not it is a period of centralized exchanges. Can you point out which decentralized exchanges currently ranked in the top exchanges, please.
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
May 09, 2019, 01:37:50 PM
I think that this exchange already has quite big opportunities and therefore I don’t think that we need to talk about it as a whole. Therefore, it seems to me that now there is nothing more simple than just making money on it and buying some BTC for the future.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 0
May 09, 2019, 01:12:26 PM
I don't think so about that, why customer should move their fund from their favourite exchange to poloniex again only because some new features?
If the features isn't special and just average, I think people wont move their fund to poloniex and still stick on the current exchange they like.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 09, 2019, 12:53:07 PM
Many users left this exchange do not plan to return.
It's true, poloniex has lost its leading position since 2017. All reputational risks arise when exchanges do not address the problem of low-quality service. It is a dead end.

well, in this case, I also know that Poloniex has exceeded bitrrex, or even binance. it's just that since the price of bitcoin began to rise, the exchange began to dim, and people began to look for other exchanges. I hope that in the near future Poloniex will be able to be successful again.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
May 09, 2019, 12:41:32 PM
I'm sorry, poloniex just doesn't offer anything that other exchanges can offer.

One thing you didn't mention was how poloniex (and also all fo the older big exchanges) did terrible during the huge bull run end of 2017.
Most of the centralized, fiat exchanges couldn't handle the massive amounts of trading volume.
Binance ended up "winning for a very good reason, it sailed through that without any bug problems and strong customer support.

And now, we see the market shifting towards dexs.
I just don't see how they will go back to poloniex.
Even binance started their own dex.

Crypto was made for decentralization, so sticking with a centralized model is just too old and counterintuitive.
P2P is the future, not a new interface on an old exchange.
Activity: 1460
Merit: 573
May 09, 2019, 12:33:09 PM
Many users left this exchange do not plan to return.
It's true, poloniex has lost its leading position since 2017. All reputational risks arise when exchanges do not address the problem of low-quality service. It is a dead end.

Activity: 728
Merit: 139
May 09, 2019, 07:03:19 AM
To become great again they need not only to enable margin trading, but also to simplify the KYC procedure, and it is better to make it not mandatory (for example, as it was done in binance). KYC there is not just mandatory, they also require from users to resubmit their documents several times (my friend was required 2 times), and the document verification process took more than two weeks. It is difficult to count on popularity considering such not user-friendly procedures.
Activity: 756
Merit: 101
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
May 09, 2019, 06:02:54 AM
Seriously it is funny that most of the then great exchanges have gone  down, Poloniex used to be a very good and interesting exchange, but suddenly its like fading away, I they just need to rebrand.
this is why many people recommend not keeping your money on the exchanges. you never know when the exchange will die or stop being interesting. even the largest exchange
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
May 09, 2019, 04:42:35 AM
Seriously it is funny that most of the then great exchanges have gone  down, Poloniex used to be a very good and interesting exchange, but suddenly its like fading away, I they just need to rebrand.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
May 09, 2019, 04:34:27 AM
Poloniex is my first exchange.Well that they have updates,but I think that their time has passed.In my opinion Bitmax is the leader of margin trading.Although as they say never say never.Perhaps the management of the exchange will be able to somehow attract the target audience.
Most new companies you see thriving today is not because they have any special idea, what they are doing is just to simply build on already existing ones, but making it better by looking for problems they are yet to find solution to,

You cannot completely conclude that their time has passed, bitmax might be doing great now, but they will still have a particular problem they are yet to find solution to and that is what poloniex will probably use, by looking for a way to solve such problem and add it as additional feature to the already great features they have that will announce them above every other exchanges.
Activity: 653
Merit: 183
May 09, 2019, 01:35:48 AM
Poloniex only shine when there were few exchange in the whole market. Now? Not a chance after so many new face with even better ethics when it come to operate crypto exchange.
Let's not forget how many time Poloniex fuck up their own users with 'mishap'.
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
May 09, 2019, 12:31:58 AM
With amazing recovery of bitcoin when it surpassed strong resistance around $6000, I think that if Poloniex team can do great initiatives, they might take advantages of the new wave in crypto to come back. Mainly because after bitcoin fully recovered, crypto investors will feel much better and they might use their capital to come back in crypto and invest more in altcoins. There is no doubt that altcoins have all been in very cheap price ranges in the BTC trading pairs. When new flow of old investors come back, and might be new flow of money from new comers, total liquidity of general crypto market will rise dramatically, and Poloniex can be benefited from such rises.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
May 09, 2019, 12:07:16 AM
Poloniex has a great history in my trading career. I learned to trade there and get some big profits. but some big issues made me move my assets to bittrex.
I too experienced the same thing as you, Poloniex is a good exchange place and my favorite place. but that first, now I don't use poloniex anymore. because I prefer to trade on binance or kucoin. the reason I left Poloniex was because I had begun to doubt the security of Poloniex.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 838
May 08, 2019, 10:44:26 PM
Personally, it is a big switch of Poloniex strategies to bring passive income to their users, with ATOM is the first asset on their platform will be provided this feature. I believe that it is just the start of new wave of things on Poloniex. When users of Poloniex have more passive income from the site, by storing their assets on Poloniex, they will keep using the site, and other investors, traders might spend their look at Poloniex, and might come back (if they are former users of Poloniex) or create their accounts on Poloniex to use. Together, volume on Poloniex might increase, and the one might become greater.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
May 08, 2019, 10:37:42 PM
Pages:
Jump to: