Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex will become great again! - page 4. (Read 1737 times)

copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
June 12, 2019, 02:38:52 AM
The days of POLO was sweet when the going was just started back then but the new era exchanges are taking over from the old with a new techniques of utility and own blockchain which is driving fast the ecosystem of blockchain .
The POLO will still be one of the best in terms of protect and save of funds which is why every one has to be very careful as these new exchanges are so much in getting quick and found of fake volume related transaction.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
June 12, 2019, 02:12:06 AM
Poloniex lost investors confidence, as their customer support wasn't very good and many people had faced a lot of issues from time to time. If it has to be great again then it has to improve in all departments.
I thing them support of department have to fix it ASAP custumer who have problem about withdraw and deposit. I have problem deposit about a month ago and my coin isn't become and has contacted suport got slow respond, need half day to fix my coin come into wallet
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
June 12, 2019, 02:01:09 AM
Poloniex lost investors confidence, as their customer support wasn't very good and many people had faced a lot of issues from time to time. If it has to be great again then it has to improve in all departments.
Activity: 474
Merit: 250
June 12, 2019, 12:38:29 AM
Poloniex is like Bittrex, they are based in the US and the US is currently drafting and offers many rules for crypto. Most recently, information that Bittrex prohibits US users from trading some altcoin on its service
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
June 11, 2019, 07:51:40 PM
For the strong market competition, it gonna be a big struggle for Poloniex will compete with the others. If they will improve their services and shows something that could attract investors juts like of what Binance did, will possibly be making a steps to be back into the race again. Believing that, a lot of crypto traders are still using Poloniex and it have a chances to make it right and build reputation back.
Traders are now in the after of BNB coin which Binance keep boosted away from the other exchanges.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
June 11, 2019, 07:49:08 PM
The margin trading and lending option in Poloniex have attracted many users. Poloneix provides one of the best investment oppurtunity in crypto. And unlimited earning oppurtunity through margin trading. The exchange now has an increased volume and you can easily exchange tokens as your need.
Well, if the market currently provides such a system, it will be ensured that many investors will enter the market and begin to meet the volumes that are on the market so it will not be long for Poloniex to occupy the top market position.
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
June 11, 2019, 07:40:32 PM
The margin trading and lending option in Poloniex have attracted many users. Poloneix provides one of the best investment oppurtunity in crypto. And unlimited earning oppurtunity through margin trading. The exchange now has an increased volume and you can easily exchange tokens as your need.
Activity: 300
Merit: 93
June 11, 2019, 07:25:03 PM
Update on latest distribution of Stellar Inflation Rewards on Poloniex for their eligible users. With recently launched margin tradings on Binance, things become harder for Poloniex to become great again, and compete with Binance, that demonstrates that Binance has been very very responsive to hot trend of crypto, as well as never stop improving their platforms and bring more convenience to their users. It is too far away to become competitive with Binance, in coming months, but I hope that Poloniex will keep upgrading their platforms (with new features, new products) and improving their users' experience.

By now, Poloniex has tried to improve their site, but for now there is lack of breaking things that can play as a turning point for Poloniex, let's see.
With the latest round of Stellar inflation rewards, we have now distributed over 547,750 #StellarLumens to Poloniex customers over the past month!
June 07, 2019, 02:49:41 AM
Update:

On May 26, a sudden, severe price crash in the CLAM market caused a number of margin loans to default, resulting in a roughly 1800 BTC loss in the Poloniex BTC margin lending pool for non-US customers. Today, we recognized the generalized loss across lenders in the BTC margin lending pool. As a result, the principal of all active BTC loans as of 14:00 UTC today has been reduced by 16.202%. This impacted 0.4% of Polo users. More details here. Posted by The Poloniex Team at 2019-06-06 18:03:34
As a result of such changes:
- Four assests delisted from Poloniex Margin Trading: CLAM, MAID, BTS, and FCT. However, Poloniex team will follow coming changes of four coins, and might relist them in margin trading list later.
- Additional layers to protect margin traders, including disable margin tradings when necessary.
- New protections (integration of NICE/Actimize’s market surveillance), since 1st June.
Source: Overview of BTC Margin Lending Pool Losses
Additionally, for guides on how Poloniex Margin Tradings work, please read: Introduction to Margin Lending and Borrowing on Poloniex

Lastly, join this one if you have interest:
Welcome to the Betahood Be part of our user research group and influence the future of Poloniex. Apply now
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
June 04, 2019, 02:31:03 AM
Poloniex was one of the top 20 exchanges when I joined crypto early 2017.
It faltered as the exchange was not able to scale, fund withdrawals having issues that time which resulted to endusers losing confidence.
They need to introduce promotions and other stuff like other exchanges are doing to be able to reclaim their standing.

June 04, 2019, 12:46:57 AM
Poloniex will always be among the best but I dont think it can beat the strategy on ground with new sets of exchange coming up and introducing .
Personally, Poloniex has to compete with current biggest exchanges, like Binance. For new-born exchanges, current and coming ones, I don't worry about them too much. Because most of young exchanges will end with failures, failed in lack of volume, or failed by ending with scam or dead ones. Young exchanges have their own disadvantages, especially security-related things. Well-known and old exchanges, like Poloniex have more experience and skills to secure their platforms than young ones. Moreover, young exchanges are more vulnerable to attacks, and have less ability to come back or compensate to their users when serious attacks or abusements occur on their platforms.
copper member
Activity: 448
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
June 04, 2019, 12:25:54 AM
This is to tell you that in crypto world things move faster than expected, just some years back poloniex was one touch away from every trader but as things go on in the crypto space many new exchange start to dash in with lot of offer which I think is more benefit than what poloniex and likes of others offer .

Poloniex will always be among the best but I dont think it can beat the strategy on ground with new sets of exchange coming up and introducing .
June 03, 2019, 10:13:39 PM
Update with latest news from Poloniex last week:

1) There are Reminders on withdrawal deadlines for coming delisted coins. Please check details below.
This is a reminder that certain withdrawal deadlines for recently-delisted assets are approaching.

SYS: June 3rd at 16:00 UTC
MINT, MYR, GRS, QTL, and RDD: June 10th at 16:00 UTC
SBD, HUC, XCP, PPC, and BURST: June 17th at 16:00 UTC
NMC: July 17th at 16:00 UTC

Once the withdrawal deadline has been reached, withdrawals will be disabled and the delisted assets will be decommissioned. From that point forward, we will be unable to process withdrawals of the impacted assets. For more information about our delisting policy, please visit our Support Center article. We greatly appreciate your support.
Posted by The Poloniex Team at 2019-05-31 21:49:15

2) Withdrawal issues with Poloniex iOS & Android apps. Please wait for the fixes.
We are aware of an issue that prevents withdrawals from being canceled via our iOS and Android apps, and prevents withdrawals from being confirmed on our Android app. This functionality still works on desktop and mobile web, and fixes for our native apps will be released soon.
Posted by The Poloniex Team at 2019-05-31 18:16:38

3) Updating Fee Schedule (since 3rd June 2019). More details on updating fees can be found here: https://www.poloniex.com/fees/
We will be updating our fee schedule. Please make sure you review it here before changes become effective on June 3rd, 2019. Going forward, we may update the fee schedule on the first business day of every month and will provide users with 5 days’ advance notice of such updates.
Posted by The Poloniex Team at 2019-05-30 13:52:39
May 24, 2019, 07:34:09 PM
Stellar inflation rewards on Poloniex users. There are official Tweet of Poloniex and a Simple guide on Stellar Inflation Rewards. All of details presented in the two links below. Brief summary, Stellar holders on Poloniex can get passive income distributed by Stellar on weekly basis through their weekly votes. With one Lumen, they have one vote for a single destination address. Only destination address that receives at least 0.05% of total weekly votes can received proportional weekly inflation rewards. This in turn result in Vote Pools. However, we actually have not known the start day of vote and Stellar Inflation Rewards on Poloniex. Stay tuned for next news of the exchange and Stellar.
https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/1131971043671912448
https://medium.com/circle-trader/a-simple-guide-to-stellar-inflation-rewards-7ed27f8d0b4c
May 23, 2019, 07:03:05 PM
Latest article from Poloniex and Circle:

The uncertainty of US. governments and laws to deal with or to support crypto assests and blockchain-based technology innovation actually causes lots of barriers on the crypto industry in general, and on crypto exchanges in particular. You can read and find out more details in sources given below.
Personally, I am a big fan of Poloniex since 2017, so I wish that the US. Congress will pass laws specifically designed to support the crypto industry in the months to come. Some nations already did it, so I hope the US. will response fastly and productively.

Sources:
https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/1131563992294592513
https://medium.com/circle-blog/our-take-interpreting-recent-signals-from-us-regulatory-agencies-340306aeec1d
May 22, 2019, 02:44:40 PM
There is a guide on how to do margin trading on Poloniex, and this guide helps to avoid losing money from margin tradings due to lack of understandings on how margin tradings work on Poloniex. There is a video that is contentful and helpful for Poloniex's newcomers. By the way, if you are newcomers, you should watch the videos carefully and repeatedly to really understand rules and basics of Poloniex margin tradings. Especially liquidation mechanism, leverage, and more things. Link to find out more yourself (this one is an official guide from Poloniex): https://medium.com/circle-trader/video-dont-lose-your-shirt-margin-trading-eaa78741c718
May 22, 2019, 02:29:35 AM
Update:
1) Within recent months, there are some initiatives made by Poloniex team as efforts to build up more powerful exchange for crypto traders. Including: Adding more margin trading pairs (16 pairs so far); less 10x latency that gives better performance; better customer supports that solves nearly 99.9% of support tickets; and some significant improvements on Poloniex Mobile UI.

2) Yesterday, Poloniex also made the third donation to Grin General Fund.

Sources:
https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/1130883632263041029
https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/1130849980753690626
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
May 16, 2019, 11:00:07 PM
The US government probably will not support pennies without major censorship and it can be seen that Poloniex will be a very difficult exchange to use in the near future. I think Bittrex is similar because this exchange is very tightly controlled so that many investors face many difficulties. In my opinion, I should choose popular exchanges in crypto and the two exchanges I like the most are Huobi, Okex because it has a much higher transaction volume than other exchanges.
Next, what will happen with latest upwards of Trade-War between the China and the US.? China, has grown fastly to become the second largest economy of the world. However, the fact is Chinese economy is very vulnerable and the TradeWar somehow demonstrated that vulnerability of Chinese economy. For many decades, the US. has been the largest economy, with strict rules, and effective managements, from which they built their strong economy, and solid as well as reliable companies. Nothing can grow stably with vulnerable foundations, and that is the point will change crypto exchange industry in next one or two years.
I don't say I like the way they managed and controlled crypto, and crypto exchanges in their nations, but who knows that their management approach will lead to a model globally in the coming years.
Additionally, what we have seen with strict rules of bitcointalk.org forum is good for all. I like it.  Smiley
Activity: 1078
Merit: 250
http://unidapp.app
May 16, 2019, 10:53:22 PM
~snip~

The regulation of the US is very strict, this is a bad news for the users, maybe it's time for them to consider transferring to other countries which are crypto friendly. I believe Binance is now operating in Malta, maybe following the action would result them an increase of customers and maybe they will be great again. I really believe that people wants an exchange where they can choose whether they will submit for KYC or not, and Binance offered that kind.
The US government probably will not support pennies without major censorship and it can be seen that Poloniex will be a very difficult exchange to use in the near future. I think Bittrex is similar because this exchange is very tightly controlled so that many investors face many difficulties. In my opinion, I should choose popular exchanges in crypto and the two exchanges I like the most are Huobi, Okex because it has a much higher transaction volume than other exchanges.
Activity: 28
May 16, 2019, 10:50:14 PM
I like the fact that Poloniex offers margin trading and the ability to borrow fund to start margin trading.  So I can be a lender or borrower and not a lot of exchanges allow for that. 
Pages:
Jump to: