Pages:
Author

Topic: Pool Ops are now the Alt Currency Police - page 7. (Read 13951 times)

staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
January 06, 2012, 03:18:34 AM
A great way to introduce new users to Cryptocurrencies and instil faith.

So we should instill false and unjustified faith in random cryptocoin ponzi schemes?    Since you won't provide the link as facts are an antidote for FUD: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dead-coiledcoin-yet-another-cryptocurrency-but-with-opeval-56675

They only got 7 before Luke brute forced the plug to be pulled for "being a scamcoin".

So— You're mad that your 'friend' only got to mine seven blocks before someone with a lot more hash-power dominated the chain? Sounds kinda petty.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
January 06, 2012, 03:10:58 AM

Wow. I happened to follow this from the start. I was showing a new-to-mining friend how things work by havingthem mine the brand new CoiledCoin. They only got 7 before Luke brute forced the plug to be pulled for "being a scamcoin".  Allchains.info has delisted Eligius and I suspect there will be other fallout as well. What a Krunky way for my friend to learn about mining  Huh
A great way to introduce new users to Cryptocurrencies and instil faith.

Good job Luke.....IDIOT.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
January 06, 2012, 03:03:14 AM

Wow. I happened to follow this from the start. I was showing a new-to-mining friend how things work by havingthem mine the brand new CoiledCoin. They only got 7 before Luke brute forced the plug to be pulled for "being a scamcoin".  Allchains.info has delisted Eligius and I suspect there will be other fallout as well. What a Krunky way for my friend to learn about mining  Huh
Activity: 438
January 06, 2012, 03:00:45 AM
come and seee him talk about it on btc-e.com
legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2012, 02:57:43 AM
As a precedent has been set by Luke Dash Jr,

link?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
January 06, 2012, 02:57:00 AM
Why do you assume the pool miners had anything to do with this?

Probably something along the lines of merged mining. In any case, I don't care, as long as I get my bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
January 06, 2012, 02:53:10 AM
Why do you assume the pool miners had anything to do with this?
I heart thebaron
January 06, 2012, 02:52:28 AM
I would love to hear (or read) from a miner at Eligius pool and how THEY feel about having their hashing power used for something they didn't consent to or agree with ?
I heart thebaron
January 06, 2012, 02:49:43 AM
As a precedent has been set by Luke Dash Jr, now every pool operator can be an Alt Chain police officer and attack any new Alt that they see fit, using their entire pool to do so, with or without the knowledge of the miners that belong to their pools.

Luke took it upon himself to 'Police' an Alt Chain and kill it, by using the hashing power of his pool to 51% attack it.

Should we all look forward to these types of attacks on new projects if/when a self-richeous pool op get's his panties in a bunch ?

How do pool miners feel about having NO SAY or CONTROL over what an Op does with YOUR HASHING POWER ?

Just to be clear.... Luke Dash Jr is an idiot.
Pages:
Jump to: