Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 140. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What is strange with my Hosted GridSpeed connected to Waffle East is my hash rate shows 0 but my Earned and unconverted keeps growing???  What the heck??
why dont you ask gridseed manages? 98.8% of people in here do not like your kind as much as thier first hangover.

I have.. But if its a Pool issue its not their issue..

And yea I could see how people would not like me considering I am getting Free hosting including free electricity and Internet..

I dont care what people like or dont like..

Is this some sort of gridseed deal or are you just able to stick them into a works server room? Smiley
Thanks
Miles

I dont work for them and dont want to get flamed by all the silly noobs on this site.

But it is GAWMiners     Look them up if you want. They have been offering free hosting..   I got a 20 pack yesterday during the day, and was up and hashing last night

Why would anyone spend $2000 on 3000-3400MH/s of scrypt mining power when it will take over 200 days to recoup the hardware cost at today's script coin values -- even with free electricity thrown in on the deal?  The writing is on the wall.  The profitability of scrypt mining is on the decline.  It will take much longer than 200 days to pay for that hardware, if you ever do.  At some point gaw will just decide to ship that equipment to you for free in order to remain profitable themselves.  Miners using GPUs will be able to switch to another algorithm to keep going for a little longer. but those gridseeds only become nice decorations.

The many mining booms in history (gold, silver, uranium, whatever) have shown that it is the suppliers to miners that earn the most profits from the boom.  And in the case of cryptocoin mining, the electricity companies too!

Yes..  I was told this same thing when I got into GPU mining in Mid 2013..  Go figure..   Kiss

I believe at the worst case, I will recoup..   But things change, pools evolve and I do believe some folks have been saying GPU mining has been dead since.. Oh lets see, early 2013???

So the ghost of profits past are coercing you invest more heavily in mining even as scrypt cryptocoin values are steadily decreasing?  Obviously I cannot know the future, but neither can you.  And if any of the profits you earned were from mining and holding, then those profits were actually from market speculation, and you might possibly have earned the same or more by simply buying cryptocoins instead of mining them and waiting for them to rise in value.  

I never buy and hold.. IMO, that is one of the dumbest strategies..  But LOTS of people seem to believe in it..  Most of my profits have been made using a trading bot.. Buy low sell High.. Over and Over and Over again and while I sleep..   I know a lot of people still holding, when my bot sold at $1200  Wink  But I will admit I hit the timing just right when BTC went to $1400 last Nov..   But still  I am WAY ahead of the game with the profits I have made so far..

So admittedly, most of your profits originate from successful trading strategies, so any investment in mining hardware is a more akin to buying a lottery ticket, as you will almost certainly lose, but you might just hit it big.  Given your past successes, you should likely concentrate your efforts in trading, and not dilute your focus with mining.

My Mining Feeds my Trading Balance..   I have been doing just fine but thanks for your insight..   As my Grandma use it say.. Opinions are like ass holes..  Everyone has one...

2000USD converted into cryptocoins would also have fed your trading balance quite well.  My only point is this.  With 3000-3400KH/s of gridseed hardware, you are guaranteed a 0% rate of return on your investment until you recoup hardware costs, perhaps in 200+ days, give or take.  And then you will be in pure profit territory, if gaw continues to pay for your 72KWh consumed every month.  But with a profitable trading strategy, you are losing out on immediate returns on $2000 otherwise allocated to gridseed hardware, and while each individual trading profit might be small, the cumulative effects of compounding might make that gridseed investment a losing proposition.  It is your money and your risk and certainly entitled to choose any route you wish.  I am just trying to collect as much information as I can and analyze all possibilities.

No Problem.. You make some good points.. All of which I already considered..   I just get a kick out of every time I see a post of "Doom and Gloom GPU and Alt Coins is dead".  If I had a nickle each time I heard this, I would have made more from my nickles then my BTC profits..  I work in IT,since 1988,  They were saying in 1988 Mainframes are dead and Programmers are dead and will no longer be needed..   2014 and I am still waiting..   Wink
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

In the 1600's, Galileo was persecuted for suggesting that the Earth revolved around the Sun.  But ultimately the masses came around to his way of thinking.  Unless you wish to claim otherwise.

Oh, so you're the Galileo of forum trolls? That's not weird at all. I'm Spartacus by the way. Nice meeting you.

Galileo was a thinker and observer of the world and how it functions.  Spartacus was a warrior.  The only reason you know his name is because he was good at fighting.  I suppose if the two had lived during the same time period, Spartacus might have killed Galileo for suggesting that the Earth revolved around the Sun.
What is strange with my Hosted GridSpeed connected to Waffle East is my hash rate shows 0 but my Earned and unconverted keeps growing???  What the heck??
why dont you ask gridseed manages? 98.8% of people in here do not like your kind as much as thier first hangover.

And yea I could see how people would not like me considering I am getting Free hosting including free electricity and Internet..

Is this some sort of gridseed deal or are you just able to stick them into a works server room? Smiley
Thanks
Miles

I dont work for them and dont want to get flamed by all the silly noobs on this site.

But it is GAWMiners     Look them up if you want. They have been offering free hosting..   I got a 20 pack yesterday during the day, and was up and hashing last night

Why would anyone spend $2000 on 3000-3400MH/s of scrypt mining power when it will take over 200 days to recoup the hardware cost at today's script coin values -- even with free electricity thrown in on the deal?  The writing is on the wall.  The profitability of scrypt mining is on the decline.  It will take much longer than 200 days to pay for that hardware, if you ever do.  At some point gaw will just decide to ship that equipment to you for free in order to remain profitable themselves.  Miners using GPUs will be able to switch to another algorithm to keep going for a little longer. but those gridseeds only become nice decorations.

The many mining booms in history (gold, silver, uranium, whatever) have shown that it is the suppliers to miners that earn the most profits from the boom.  And in the case of cryptocoin mining, the electricity companies too!

Yes..  I was told this same thing when I got into GPU mining in Mid 2013..  Go figure..   Kiss

I believe at the worst case, I will recoup..   But things change, pools evolve and I do believe some folks have been saying GPU mining has been dead since.. Oh lets see, early 2013???

So the ghost of profits past are coercing you invest more heavily in mining even as scrypt cryptocoin values are steadily decreasing?  Obviously I cannot know the future, but neither can you.  And if any of the profits you earned were from mining and holding, then those profits were actually from market speculation, and you might possibly have earned the same or more by simply buying cryptocoins instead of mining them and waiting for them to rise in value.  

I never buy and hold.. IMO, that is one of the dumbest strategies..  But LOTS of people seem to believe in it..  Most of my profits have been made using a trading bot.. Buy low sell High.. Over and Over and Over again and while I sleep..   I know a lot of people still holding, when my bot sold at $1200  Wink  But I will admit I hit the timing just right when BTC went to $1400 last Nov..   But still  I am WAY ahead of the game with the profits I have made so far..

So admittedly, most of your profits originate from successful trading strategies, so any investment in mining hardware is a more akin to buying a lottery ticket, as you will almost certainly lose, but you might just hit it big.  Given your past successes, you should likely concentrate your efforts in trading, and not dilute your focus with mining.

My Mining Feeds my Trading Balance..   I have been doing just fine but thanks for your insight..   As my Grandma use it say.. Opinions are like ass holes..  Everyone has one...

2000USD converted into cryptocoins would also have fed your trading balance quite well.  My only point is this.  With 3000-3400KH/s of gridseed hardware, you are guaranteed a 0% rate of return on your investment until you recoup hardware costs, perhaps in 200+ days, give or take.  And then you will be in pure profit territory, if gaw continues to pay for your 72KWh consumed every month.  But with a profitable trading strategy, you are losing out on immediate returns on $2000 otherwise allocated to gridseed hardware, and while each individual trading profit might be small, the cumulative effects of compounding might make that gridseed investment a losing proposition.  It is your money and your risk and certainly entitled to choose any route you wish.  I am just trying to collect as much information as I can and analyze all possibilities.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
is there any clear info about what happened with dns of east waffle server? ip to where all hashes went or anything? did they actually go anywhere?

In the 1600's, Galileo was persecuted for suggesting that the Earth revolved around the Sun.  But ultimately the masses came around to his way of thinking.  Unless you wish to claim otherwise.

Oh, so you're the Galileo of forum trolls? That's not weird at all. I'm Spartacus by the way. Nice meeting you.
ffs you could never met.
Activity: 55

No I'm Spartacus....

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Should go to bed now.  Mumble, gibber Smiley
For those of you affected by the problem with detailed cgminer logs, (from cgminer/sgminer, not cgwatcher as it does not log such messages), may I suggest that you search for "reconnect requested" messages for any possible evidence of this method being used.

is it too late to scan open ports of whole interwebs to send switch command yet?
Activity: 55

Thanks
Miles

But it is GAWMiners     Look them up if you want. They have been offering free hosting..   I got a 20 pack yesterday during the day, and was up and hashing last night
hey, you'll get no hate off me; we're all in this for different reasons and if someone can buy ASIC rather than GPU who am I to say no.  If I had 10K kicking around I might do the same if only they would deliver rather than take the P and mine on my cash.  BUt I don't have 10K so that's never going to be an issue.  I just hope I recover the 5K I've spent on GPU mining ) and make some cash too so that I can look my wife and father in the eye and say the risk was worth it Smiley Smiley  I also hope that crypto survives but I don't have any illusions that any given coin is going to make it!

I'll look up GAW and see what they do - thanks for the info.

Miles
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Thanks
Miles

Thanks
Miles

I never buy and hold.. IMO, that is one of the dumbest strategies..  But LOTS of people seem to believe in it..  Most of my profits have been made using a trading bot.. Buy low sell High.. Over and Over and Over again and while I sleep..   I know a lot of people still holding, when my bot sold at $1200  Wink  But I will admit I hit the timing just right when BTC went to $1400 last Nov..   But still  I am WAY ahead of the game with the profits I have made so far..

Then admittedly, most of your profits originate from successful trading strategies, so any investment in mining hardware is a more akin to buying a lottery ticket, as you will almost certainly lose, but you might just hit it big.  Given your past successes, you should likely concentrate your efforts in trading, and not dilute your focus with mining.

Thanks
Miles

The aspect of all these cryptocoins that we have been mining that most amuses me is the "halvening" ratio of decreasing number of coins rewarded per block at predetermined block height intervals.  That is, for the first x number of blocks, the number of coins in each of those blocks is y, and then for the next x number of blocks, the number of coins in each of those blocks is y/2, and so on to y/4 and y/8, etc.

If we were to build an actual physical structure for which the length of each of its four outer walls followed the same formula -- where the width of the each new level built upwards in height were half the width of the level below it, what would this structure ultimately look like?!

You seem to be deluded that expressing the dumbest ideas in the most convoluted way somehow displays your intellectual superiority, but I doubt that it looks like that to others.

To answer your question, it would look like a turd. Did I win a prize?

Exactly!  A pyramid shaped turd.  That the block chain index is actually referred to as "height" is the biggest clue.

Thanks
Miles

The aspect of all these cryptocoins that we have been mining that most amuses me is the "halvening" ratio of decreasing number of coins rewarded per block at predetermined block height intervals.  That is, for the first x number of blocks, the number of coins in each of those blocks is y, and then for the next x number of blocks, the number of coins in each of those blocks is y/2, and so on to y/4 and y/8, etc.

If we were to build an actual physical structure for which the length of each of its four outer walls followed the same formula -- where the width of the each new level built upwards in height were half the width of the level below it, what would this structure ultimately look like?!

You seem to be deluded that expressing the dumbest ideas in the most convoluted way somehow displays your intellectual superiority, but I doubt that it looks like that to others.

LMFAO
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

and why would you care for their help then?
how can it be a pool issue if their 22+ghs are jumping on and off at will?
ummmmm  How about you read the 25 post before this one???  before you open your mouth..
you never provided enough details about your problem. you could probably get better results with pmsing the only person who is interested in you - pw or reading few previous posts by yourself rather than pointing me there..

Thanks
Miles

I believe at the worst case, I will recoup..   But things change, pools evolve and I do believe some folks have been saying GPU mining has been dead since.. Oh lets see, early 2013???

If we were to build an actual physical structure for which the length of each of its four outer walls followed the same formula -- where the width of the each new level built upwards in height were half the width of the level below it, what would this structure ultimately resemble?!

Thanks
Miles

Jump to: