Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 152. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Most of WafflePool's variance seems to come from Litecoin mining these days - profitability peaks and valleys particularly when we have good/bad luck at finding litecoin blocks..

Yup - and now Alpha-t says they are going to up their promised MH/s to match competitors (aka KnC).  This is going to be an interesting year for scrypt for sure.  I wasn't expecting 100MH devices until sometime next year.
Activity: 658
decentralize EVERYTHING...
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Mar 19, 2014 (partial)   79.09625173   11.42 GH/s   0.00779710

That shut them up with the variance talk!
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Rejects went up a  bit but seem to be sitting steady around 1.3%. was always around .2-.5% before. So, I am happy with the new system. Hope it helps us all out in the long run. Also a quick question. I had never noticed this message in cgminer before, what does "new block detected on network before long poll" mean? Just curious to its exact meaning. Thanks and Keep up the good work Mr. Waffle.  Smiley

The new server sends things in two different ways essentially.  One of them (the one you mentioned) is a coin switch, the other (new block) message is for a new block on the same chain.  Just something small with how we're sending the new data when switching work Smiley

Last couple hours are lower, but doesn't look to be outside of normal variance at all... From my admin panel:

Okay.  I was looking at the WaffleStats page>Details>Statistics>Last Hour>BTC/Day/1Mh just now, and it was showing 0.0025.  Didn't think normal variance went that low....  But I will trust in PW.   Smiley

Yep, normal variance will definitely drop that low Smiley  With our current hashrate (12GHs), the following are [coin] [diff] [avgtime] for some of our larger coins:
litecoin, 5735.89666335: 2,083.87
dogecoin, 1395.90888910: 507.14
feathercoin, 231.53089248: 84.12
megacoin, 28.30226493: 10.28
worldcoin, 19.08832739: 6.93

Dogecoin being almost 10min blocks (on average), we'll routinely see 20-30 min gaps.  LTC at 35min avg, we'll constantly see whole hours go by with 0 income (if we were mining it full-time).  So we'll have some hours where we switch on and off of LTC, and don't find a block, leading to close to 0 income for that hour.  On the other hand, we'll have hours where we find 2 LTC blocks, and see a much higher number Smiley
Activity: 9

Last couple hours are lower, but doesn't look to be outside of normal variance at all... From my admin panel:
http://i.imgur.com/Y4LzkfB.png

Okay.  I was looking at the WaffleStats page>Details>Statistics>Last Hour>BTC/Day/1Mh just now, and it was showing 0.0025.  Didn't think normal variance went that low....  But I will trust in PW.   Smiley
Activity: 10
Rejects went up a  bit but seem to be sitting steady around 1.3%. was always around .2-.5% before. So, I am happy with the new system. Hope it helps us all out in the long run. Also a quick question. I had never noticed this message in cgminer before, what does "new block detected on network before long poll" mean? Just curious to its exact meaning. Thanks and Keep up the good work Mr. Waffle.  Smiley
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Hi fellow miners,

since yesterday I have huge ratio of duplicate shares. it's almost at 50% for mining about two hours. But once, few minutes after restart it reach even 11/26  (accepted/rejected).
A didn't do anything with my settings and when I switch to other pool everything works just fine.

Anyone else having same issue? Or can explain me, what could be cause for this?

I'm new to mining, so I would appreciate any support

Thanks

Activity: 57
Anyone know what just happened to BTC/MHD over the last hour?  Sad

Yes!  Someone finally used the technically correct term of BTC/MHD!

Not very fond of this version either. Strictly technical you are referring to (BTC/MHs)*D Smiley
Been on waffle for last 4 hours, stats show my speed but my balance hasn't moved at all

Unconverted and converted are the same as they were from when I last used waffle.

Any ideas ?

Verify that your accepted shares are increasing in cgminer.  If not, then figure out why.  If they are then check your btc address/username.

Activity: 168
Been on waffle for last 4 hours, stats show my speed but my balance hasn't moved at all

Unconverted and converted are the same as they were from when I last used waffle.

Any ideas ?

Verify that your accepted shares are increasing in cgminer.  If not, then figure out why.  If they are then check your btc address/username.
Activity: 39

Any ideas ?
Activity: 168
Anyone know what just happened to BTC/MHD over the last hour?  Sad

Yes!  Someone finally used the technically correct term of BTC/MHD!

Well, SOMEBODY had to!  LOL

Seriously though....today was going great...right up until around two hours ago, when payouts dropped in half.  To my (admittedly amateur) eyes, it looks like it's dropped for a bit longer than normal variance typically reflects.

I don't keep such a close eye on instantaneous statistics as I don't believe they provide as much useful value due to the effects of variance.  But just curiously, where are you reading it from that it is showing .005ish for the last few hours?
Anyone know what just happened to BTC/MHD over the last hour?  Sad

Yes!  Someone finally used the technically correct term of BTC/MHD!

Well, SOMEBODY had to!  LOL

Seriously though....today was going great...right up until around two hours ago, when payouts dropped in half.  To my (admittedly amateur) eyes, it looks like it's dropped for a bit longer than normal variance typically reflects.
What about it?  Seems to be hovering around .08 fairly consistently, with some typical up/down variance.

Been in the .004-.005 range for the last couple hours, after having been in the .008-.009 range for about 10 hours.  Is that normal variance?   Huh
Activity: 140
What about it?  Seems to be hovering around .08 fairly consistently, with some typical up/down variance.

--

I have my rejects stabilized to about 2% now, with about a 2% loss in hashrate.  My old 'WafflePool' optimized miner config pushes about 10% rejects on average.  Very interested to see if the profitability increase continues and makes up for the lost shares.

--

Xintensity is a huge functional improvement, and sgminer kicks ass (now has support to nscrypt and multiple kernels too)

Xintensity is indeed awesome. No more pushing my card to insane heat numbers just to get decent hashrates from one thread. Just run two at a lower intensity.
Activity: 700

--

I have my rejects stabilized to about 2% now, with about a 2% loss in hashrate.  My old 'WafflePool' optimized miner config pushes about 10% rejects on average.  Very interested to see if the profitability increase continues and makes up for the lost shares.

--

Xintensity is a huge functional improvement, and sgminer kicks ass (now has support to nscrypt and multiple kernels too)
Just an interesting graph on dogecoin since the fork by pminer:

The DLf7 address was a big random block reward abuser before the fork with high volume, now they're mining it a lot less and only very selectively. Not sure who they are..

Very interesting... We're still ahead of most, which is nice.  One big thing on that graph could probably be that they're just being more selective (like you mentioned).  If we see a block that is even 1% better than litecoin, we jump on it, where they might be waiting for one thats 10% better (or something like that).

Edit:  As I look at my admin, we're currently mining a block at +56% of litecoin, with difficulty of 836.  Which lines up pretty closely with that graph.  They're just being more selective (possibly too selective?)

Edit2: How long til they're pissed that we're taking all the low-diff blocks, and leaving them with high diff blocks, and fork again to try to stop it? Smiley
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

The DLf7 address was a big random block reward abuser before the fork with high volume, now they're mining it a lot less and only very selectively. Not sure who they are..

my guess would be middlecoin
Activity: 693
Just for the sake of correctness, xintensity was written by ArGee from RGminer, then imported to kalroths fork of cgminer and then to sgminer (see https://github.com/veox/sgminer/commit/7aeae40af22e6108aab8b68a229eea25a639d650). I use sgminer and believe it is the better option.

+1 for correctness.

xIntensity as well as RawIntensity are both also in YACMiner (see sig), which can mine scrypt, nscrypt and scrypt-chacha coins and works on windows and linux.

Jump to: