Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 169. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
cex.io and all that bullshit what comes with it lol.  Grin

I completely understand them,  they just want new clients and offer more reward.  They dont want all pools go there to get their money. Is there someone who cant understand something as easy as this one?.  I would do exactly the same.

If wafflepool tomorrow give extra % to new clients, and all pools come to mine here to get his money, he will do ALL to stop them, right?

you don't post an ad for a sale for 50% off and when people enter the store tell them "oh fuck you, its actually 25% off".  unless you are scummy ass car dealer of course.  and that's what this feels like.  fuckem

They're giving away free money -- a fair amount of it.  On the one hand they shouldn't be surprised that people take as much as possible, so boo on them for not anticipating this.  On the other hand I can't really hold it against them for not wanting to pay out huge sums to a pool that will 100% guaranteed move away once the offer is done.  They could have just pulled the offer, or blocked wafflepool's IP address, but it seems like they are trying to manage the situation without resorting to that, so I've got to give them some kudos.

And to someone's previous point, the site is nice, I still have a more positive impression of ghash.io than I did when this thing started (only heard of them in re 50%+1 attack on bitcoin and double-spending attacks).
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

I completely understand them,  they just want new clients and offer more reward.  They dont want all pools go there to get their money. Is there someone who cant understand something as easy as this one?.  I would do exactly the same.

If wafflepool tomorrow give extra % to new clients, and all pools come to mine here to get his money, he will do ALL to stop them, right?

you don't post an ad for a sale for 50% off and when people enter the store tell them "oh fuck you, its actually 25% off".  unless you are scummy ass car dealer of course.  and that's what this feels like.  fuckem
Activity: 30
Poolwaffle,

Is it still profitable to get Ghash in? 10% rejects and unsecure payout. Isn't it a bit risky now for only 10% or something Wink. Yeah 125 * 90 = 112,5 procent. And maybe it's even less.

Greets,

Dalton
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
Double payouts or not, it's not a bad pool... I like real-time stats, layout - as good pool as any (at least for LTC).
Activity: 58
Two choices left now: pull out or open the floodgates...doesn't make sense to just sit at 40 any more.  I *personally* would prefer wafflepool pull out so my measly 1.7mh/s can get its double LTC payout but I somehow don't think that's likely to happen;)
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
OMG, Ghash/CEX.io is funny. What a assholes. Is 40GH costing them too much money ?!

Changing rules every time you don't like them is not a good promo of you're website Tongue

Greets

So true !
Activity: 43
double rewards my ass fuck that place, never going to use them for anything that is for sure
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
With all this bullshit now ghash.io really have to pay me twice if they want me to mine there.

"doubled rewards"
Activity: 30
OMG, Ghash/CEX.io is funny. What a assholes. Is 40GH costing them too much money ?!

Changing rules every time you don't like them is not a good promo of you're website Tongue

Greets
Activity: 44

Activity: 413
Merit: 10
Thanks for the hard work MisterWil, sent a couple of dollars your way.
Activity: 42
cex.io and all that bullshit what comes with it lol.  Grin
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
They changed it again.
Code:
Pool Speed	Reward multiplier
0 – 25 GH/s x2
25 – 60 GH/s x1.25
60+ GH/s x1
Activity: 14
The multiplier switch on Ghash just lowered to 25GH/s!
Activity: 20
I wonder if it would be possible to reverse the confirmed and unconfirmed?  I know that the current looks much nicer but it can give an incorrect view of when a payment could be possible - stacking the confirmed on top of the unconfirmed hides the point at which you actually cross the payment threshold.  If the stack was the other way around the lower line (confirmed) would cross the threshold line when you could actually be paid.  This would still show the "total" but might not be as pretty.

Great job by the way Smiley

Miles

Good idea. I'll definitely take a look at it and give it a shot. :-)
Activity: 44
           I think one pool should not mine on another pool. If ghash.io give more reward now is to attract new clients, not to give proffit to other pools.  It is like I make a new business, I give free drinks and food for new clients, and someone comes, take all food and go to sell it to take profit.
   Imagine now clevermining has a perfect scrypt and makes a lot of money, then wafflepool mine there to get that profit.

Not all is about to get any profit in any way.  We should keep some moral rules.
Activity: 168

Since I am going to hold all my dogecoins from now on, it really doesnt matter whether I mine here or at dedicated dogecoin pool. Its all going to be same amount of dogecoins at the end of the day. I might be able to make 5 to 10 percent more here but sellingltc or doge to get btc by wafflepool and then me buying again dogecoin for my btc will narrow down the difference even more.

It's funny.  You don't seem to want to be the most profitable, you just want to be right.  Using your own numbers of possibly being able to make 5-10% more here, even after deducting 1% for pool fees (including transaction fees into bitcoin), and at most another 0.5% to transfer back into dogecoin, you're leaving 3.5-8.5% of your potential profits on the table.  So how does that result in earning the same amount at the end of the day?

I just figured it out.  If the value of dogecoin drops to zero, you WILL have the same amount at the end of the day!

Since I am going to hold all my dogecoins from now on, it really doesnt matter whether I mine here or at dedicated dogecoin pool. Its all going to be same amount of dogecoins at the end of the day. I might be able to make 5 to 10 percent more here but sellingltc or doge to get btc by wafflepool and then me buying again dogecoin for my btc will narrow down the difference even more.

It's funny.  You don't seem to want to be the most profitable, you just want to be right.  Using your own numbers of possibly being able to make 5-10% more here, even after deducting 1% for pool fees (including transaction fees into bitcoin), and at most another 0.5% to transfer back into dogecoin, you're leaving 3.5-8.5% of your potential profits on the table.  So how does that result in earning the same amount at the end of the day?

Activity: 55
WAFFLEStats V1.0 - Summarizin' and Detailin'
Just going to get right to it:

Summary Tab
This new first page shows a stacked filled area chart for balances. This allows for a much cleaner overview of what you're currently earning than the previous line charts. It also overlays payments (green line), hashrate (red line), and the "payout threshold" which is yellow dashes.
The balances are all a shade of blue to help tone down the number of colors and to prevent overwhelming you with information. They are stacked so your "unsent" balance is now shown automatically.

I wonder if it would be possible to reverse the confirmed and unconfirmed?  I know that the current looks much nicer but it can give an incorrect view of when a payment could be possible - stacking the confirmed on top of the unconfirmed hides the point at which you actually cross the payment threshold.  If the stack was the other way around the lower line (confirmed) would cross the threshold line when you could actually be paid.  This would still show the "total" but might not be as pretty.

Great job by the way Smiley

Miles
Alrighty.

So, first things first.  I've been very actively monitoring the GHash hashrate, and been turning on/off proxying accordingly.  Overall, I would say we were like 10% on it throughout the last few hours.  Sometimes at 50%, sometimes 0-5% (more often than 50%).  Its unfortunately not the easiest thing to turn on/off, and its not the most accurate when it comes to exact % (its just our load balancer, and its balancing per connection, some connections are 100khs, some are 10MHs, and the balancer doesn't know/care).  So I've probably been a bit more cautious on average than I should have.

As for the big hashrate loss, as I'm sure most of you know, the vast majority of it comes from one guy (he posted here a while ago).  I confirmed with him that he moved to GHash to take advantage of the offer (expected), and he confirmed that when the offer is out (either at the end of the week, or when it drops based on hashrate) that his plan is to come back to WP, so it looks to be a temporary drop (also expected).

I'll keep tweaking our proxy hashrate as their 2x is available, and if there is a time when I won't be able actively tweak (who needs sleep?!) I'll cut it off at that time (or find someone who can enable/disable via web interface - if I write one before then).

I would suggest that you don't even have to monitor the ghash.io hashrate, but just the whale's hashpower HERE, which is up from 2GH/s earlier to 4GH/s now.  For as long as his hashrate here is less than 10GH/s, you can send more hashpower there, and he will yield, as it is in his own best interest to do so.  (Sample math posted somewhere above, but I doubt you need it.)  As much as those bonuses as possible should be shared with EVERYONE in the pool!

I'm currently mining directly at ghash.io so it doesn't matter much to me except as a point of fairness to all.  You're a good egg poolwaffle!

Jump to: