Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 166. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Stats are completely messed up. I see shares but no reward, what's going on?
Activity: 56
this chinese cyborg moved to cexio again and after todays 3 hours of "something went wrong" he is spoiling all the sugar for now. take him back, please ))
is it just me or since he left, wp profit meter shows x2 more than it was with him?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100

IMP: Donations are now mandatory, only the address from which donation has been sent will be supported from 18 Mar.
BTC address: 1MrEdZWv5HqE7kJf2jAnYLF9LYGBDM11Zv

Regards

If its mandatory it is not really donations anymore now is it!? Wink just tell it upfront its not for free anymore, "mandatory donations" sounds cheasy. . ..

Well I intended to allow the user to decide what the app is worth to him and pay accordingly, but seems it was a bad idea, anyways I will make it a paid app with fixed fee to be paid to register each address from 18 Mar.

Sorry...

I don´t really care about the app, if it was free was a good efford, ppl do donate if it like the app...
Now... Mandatory crap? Payd crap... Sorry... Not me...

LPC
Activity: 16
Wil: Your WaffleStats page is broken.

Graph has no new data for many hours.

Wil,

Not piling on, but just making sure that you see this.  Graph stopped at 2100hrs on Mar 14.
Appreciate the work you do for all of us.  Donation will be forthcoming.

Same, mine just always says "API Server Unreachable" or something like that for a while now..
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

Happened about a month ago (was mentioned here a few times).  Our switcher crashed after switching to luckycoin when we were still a pretty small pool (5GH?) and left about 1-2GH pointed on luckycoin overnight until I restarted it.  It was hardly an attack, it was just regular mining for an extended period of time.  Luckycoin users got pissed that people mined "their" coin essentially.

Thanks for your answer. This is kinda weird, but as most Scrypt-based coins are more or less Litecoin clones - they try to differentiate somehow. Either with the story or algos implemented. It seems you came to their story - wo/ invitation.

Now, the second, more important question...

Have you considered what tricks can be done, to raise profits somehow? From 0.17 BTC/MH/day we fell to barely 0.005 BTC/MH/day.

What comes to my mind is:
a) trade coins a bit to make some additional profits
b) do payouts (also) in LTC (to lower the pressure on dumping coins for BTCs)
c) do some arbitrage trading - to raise profits....

Or you'll stick with pooling?

What do you think?

For plans a) or c) perhaps this is not your core - but plan b) is feasible, don't you think so?

plan d: turn off ya rigs, its over Wink
Activity: 47
on my worker stats page i see that i am pulling shares for megacoin, but these earnings do not show up in my coin balance chart... nor does the main stats page show any work being done for said coin (or feathercoin for that matter)

is this copacetic?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34470677/waffle2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34470677/waffle1.jpg

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Have you counted the benefit of heating your house with rigs?
I'd estimate savings of ~£500 in heating oil thanks to rigs being distributed across the house (use mainly 270s so quite quiet though).

This argument holds true in the winter time. Much less in the summer.

Electricity prices in SE Europe are still quite low. Prices in the north of Europe are also high (Germany, Denmark).

What about moving rigs to SE Europe?

I have 26 rigs and 73 GPUs in total (280x and 7970s mainly). I am negotiating for lower prices for electricity.

Feel free to contact me.
Activity: 52
that may be true, but I have bills to pay now unfortunately, currently, with the rig I have, the LTC I bought (stupidly high) in November, the deposit (and eventual full amount) for the Alpha, and electricity bills, I am about 10k invested in this, and so far I have mined 1 BTC, 2200 UTC and 10 LTC, so I am looking at getting out while I can with what I can, and from here on out I will day trade instead, I love the idea behind crypto and would like to gain some, but I feel I can do a better job at trading than I can at mining, it's a shame, as I enjoy it, will see what happens with the Alpha I guess, I'll still be sunk deep with that purchase, but £6.5k is better than 10k, lol.

I wouldn't let the rig go, Find somewhere else to plug it in.

If only I could, it's a big, noisy, very warm thing, and electricity in our house is 16p/ killowatt hour, which means £11.52 per day in running costs.
If I could plug it in for free power, I would be more than happy to keep it going to be honest, can I bring it round yours? :p

Have you counted the benefit of heating your house with rigs?
I'd estimate savings of ~£500 in heating oil thanks to rigs being distributed across the house (use mainly 270s so quite quiet though).

A.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
An option to payout in BC would be nice.

You mean the electric company ?  Grin

No, it's PoS coin, so there's no way to mine it directly.  I want to consolidate all of my scrypt mining outputs to BC, so if I could find a pool that would pay out in BC, I'd go with that one.

Activity: 9

Wil,

Not piling on, but just making sure that you see this.  Graph stopped at 2100hrs on Mar 14.
Appreciate the work you do for all of us.  Donation will be forthcoming.
Activity: 84
Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food
that may be true, but I have bills to pay now unfortunately, currently, with the rig I have, the LTC I bought (stupidly high) in November, the deposit (and eventual full amount) for the Alpha, and electricity bills, I am about 10k invested in this, and so far I have mined 1 BTC, 2200 UTC and 10 LTC, so I am looking at getting out while I can with what I can, and from here on out I will day trade instead, I love the idea behind crypto and would like to gain some, but I feel I can do a better job at trading than I can at mining, it's a shame, as I enjoy it, will see what happens with the Alpha I guess, I'll still be sunk deep with that purchase, but £6.5k is better than 10k, lol.

If only I could, it's a big, noisy, very warm thing, and electricity in our house is 16p/ killowatt hour, which means £11.52 per day in running costs.
If I could plug it in for free power, I would be more than happy to keep it going to be honest, can I bring it round yours? :p

We'll looking at the current state of affairs I might not be far behind you, I have been away for 11 days and mining has fallen on its arse. I paid roughy £100 on my bill last month for mine and it's only 1.8 Mh/s so yours isn't that bad

Anyways getting back on topic does anyone rank any other pool more than Wafffle ?

You mean the electric company ?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Activity: 210

it's listed, yeah, The Alpha thing is not even released for 4 months yet, but I have been making more through trading wisely than I have been mining, so it seems daft to continue doing something that is costing me money, maybe it is just bad luck, but 0.03 per day from a 5.5 MH/s rig is about equal to how much I am spending on electricity, I could just spend the cash on coins each day and play the market with them instead.

You don't know how much a single Bitcoin is going to be worth in a year, You might be earning £100 a day and not know it yet, That's the way I like to look at it.
The good old days are gone.  The only thing that will raise prices again are gpu miners dropping out due to not being able to cover their cost of electricity, but only if they are not even more quickly replaced by others investing in asics such as gridseed and whatever supplants them.

Get in the front of the line to sell your equipment if that is what you need to do, but the prices for gpus are already falling too!

yep, mine are going up on eBay tonight, 1 week listing, will take what I can get for it and write it off as a bad investment.
I have an ASIC on order from Alpha Tec, 25MH/s, but by the time that arrives, it will be out of date no doubt, and more money down the drain Sad

Um, well. That's your decision. This Alpha Tec is ... still non-existant. And gridseed is low on hash, high on price, but nobody really measured the electricity draw.

My GPUs will stay. I'll probably mine Scrypt-n or something else with gpus.

it's listed, yeah, The Alpha thing is not even released for 4 months yet, but I have been making more through trading wisely than I have been mining, so it seems daft to continue doing something that is costing me money, maybe it is just bad luck, but 0.03 per day from a 5.5 MH/s rig is about equal to how much I am spending on electricity, I could just spend the cash on coins each day and play the market with them instead.
Activity: 98

And I´m seeng a difference between the totals in number and what is in the graphs. Is it just me?
Activity: 93
The good old days are gone.  The only thing that will raise prices again are gpu miners dropping out due to not being able to cover their cost of electricity, but only if they are not even more quickly replaced by others investing in asics such as gridseed and whatever supplants them.

Get in the front of the line to sell your equipment if that is what you need to do, but the prices for gpus are already falling too!

yep, mine are going up on eBay tonight, 1 week listing, will take what I can get for it and write it off as a bad investment.
I have an ASIC on order from Alpha Tec, 25MH/s, but by the time that arrives, it will be out of date no doubt, and more money down the drain Sad

Um, well. That's your decision. This Alpha Tec is ... still non-existant. And gridseed is low on hash, high on price, but nobody really measured the electricity draw.

My GPUs will stay. I'll probably mine Scrypt-n or something else with gpus.

Jump to: