Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 172. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Ghash pool speed reporting approx. 38gh/s but reward multiplier has not gone back up?
There seems to be some lag, but the good thing is that only one block seems to be at 1.25x value, all the rest are 2x.

It is presumably based on the most recent closed shift.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Ghash.IO is being very sleazy about all of this.  They posted this marketing garbage over on litecointalk:

---

GHash.IO prevents 51% accumulation of the #Litecoin hashing power

March 13, 2014, GHash.IO mining pool launched an offer, according to which users get doubled rewards for #mining Litecoins. In one day GHash.IO became Litecoin mining pool #1. Unfortunately, we didn’t expect such a rush of Litecoin miners and are now forced to adjust the offer’s rules to prevent getting 51% of the Litecoin network.

Thus, from now on, the reward multiplier depends on the overall Litecoin pool speed at GHash.IO. If the speed varies between 0 and 40 GH/s, all Litecoin rewards will be doubled, as stated at the beginning of the offer. At the 40-60 Gh/s pool speed, the reward multiplier decreases to 1.25. Finally, if the pool reaches 60+ GH/s, GHash.IO will need to close the offer, since this rate is too critical for the double spending threat and the Litecoin currency in general.

We do our best to be a trustworthy pool and are not willing to destroy any cryptocurrency. Our actions coincide respectively.
Thank you for understanding!

---

I called them out on their crap, and they had the thread renamed and content removed, including my posts quoting theirs!  Which was:

---

Very sleazy.  Reduce/retract the bonus offer and paint yourself in a bright light for being a defender of the litecoin network.  You could have kept to your promise by suspending new miner registrations to prevent 51%, but instead you chose not to honor your offer.  Not good for future business in my opinion, but it is your own reputation at risk.  

Actions like this are engraved invitations to governments to interfere/intervene in virtual currencies.

So True... Greedy bastards.....
Let the rest eat scraps....

LPC
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Ghash pool speed reporting approx. 38gh/s but reward multiplier has not gone back up?

There seems to be some lag, but the good thing is that only one block seems to be at 1.25x value, all the rest are 2x.
Activity: 168
Ghash.IO is being very sleazy about all of this.  They posted this marketing garbage over on litecointalk:

---

GHash.IO prevents 51% accumulation of the #Litecoin hashing power

March 13, 2014, GHash.IO mining pool launched an offer, according to which users get doubled rewards for #mining Litecoins. In one day GHash.IO became Litecoin mining pool #1. Unfortunately, we didn’t expect such a rush of Litecoin miners and are now forced to adjust the offer’s rules to prevent getting 51% of the Litecoin network.

Thus, from now on, the reward multiplier depends on the overall Litecoin pool speed at GHash.IO. If the speed varies between 0 and 40 GH/s, all Litecoin rewards will be doubled, as stated at the beginning of the offer. At the 40-60 Gh/s pool speed, the reward multiplier decreases to 1.25. Finally, if the pool reaches 60+ GH/s, GHash.IO will need to close the offer, since this rate is too critical for the double spending threat and the Litecoin currency in general.

We do our best to be a trustworthy pool and are not willing to destroy any cryptocurrency. Our actions coincide respectively.
Thank you for understanding!

---

I called them out on their crap, and they had the thread renamed and content removed, including my posts quoting theirs!  Which was:

---

Very sleazy.  Reduce/retract the bonus offer and paint yourself in a bright light for being a defender of the litecoin network.  You could have kept to your promise by suspending new miner registrations to prevent 51%, but instead you chose not to honor your offer.  Not good for future business in my opinion, but it is your own reputation at risk.  

Actions like this are engraved invitations to governments to interfere/intervene in virtual currencies.

Activity: 16
Lunch time, back in about an hour (I'll be watching their stuff remotely - and can disable if needed).

If you take a lunch break or anything and can't seriously keep watching it all times, then just disable it when you're too busy.

Now you just ruined it for everybody.

There's ONE PERSON with like 15GH/s mining on GHash.io now (he was the whale on waffle and left before the proxy).. Stop being a selfish prick, you were no more entitled to the 2x bonus than anyone else.

and you stop being a lazy one, and move the miners over, instead of expecting poowaffle to do all the work for you...

I moved my miners over early yesterday, lol. I don't rely on PW to move my miners for me rofl.
and you stop being a lazy one, and move the miners over, instead of expecting poowaffle to do all the work for you...

Yes, I have no problem with this. If it goes over 40GH/s with people actually manually moving there, it's a totally different thing than some pool just killing the whole deal with couple clicks.
Activity: 56
Activity: 168
Lunch time, back in about an hour (I'll be watching their stuff remotely - and can disable if needed).

If you take a lunch break or anything and can't seriously keep watching it all times, then just disable it when you're too busy.

There's ONE PERSON with like 15GH/s mining on GHash.io now (he was the whale on waffle and left before the proxy).. Stop being a selfish prick, you were no more entitled to the 2x bonus than anyone else.

You're right!  Poolwaffle should direct 100% to ghash.io in order to kill the offer for the 15GH miner!  Why should he have so much hashpower?!  He's ruining it for all of us!!!  HA!
Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Activity: 16

Activity: 58
Next payout will be 1.25x.  Dial it back please - you will get more from the double payouts than spiking the hashrate.  They haven't just blocked you like they could have, which would have really been not living up to their promotion, so may as well keep it under 40 and let the good times roll...
It was fun while it lasted.

A clever marketing scheme, because you have to reach a minimum payout level, and no option for payout for first 48 hours.

That means they will keep some miners until they reach the 48hr or minimum payout threshold.

The word spread very quickly, so the early bird caught the 1st worm, the next birds caught some worms and the last birds well.................. Shocked

What we do learn from this is that POOLWAFFLE is one of the earlier birds and that shows us that POOLWAFFLE is earning his keep.

I remember the days of 72 hours work straight with no sleep.  Wink

Best regards,

Axco.

It worked perfectly until you greedy bastards ruined it. Grin
Activity: 56
It was fun while it lasted.

A clever marketing scheme, because you have to reach a minimum payout level, and no option for payout for first 48 hours.

That means they will keep some miners until they reach the 48hr or minimum payout threshold.

The word spread very quickly, so the early bird caught the 1st worm, the next birds caught some worms and the last birds well.................. Shocked

What we do learn from this is that POOLWAFFLE is one of the earlier birds and that shows us that POOLWAFFLE is earning his keep.

I remember the days of 72 hours work straight with no sleep.  Wink

Best regards,

Axco.
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
 Current multiplier: x1.25.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001
Miners end up destroying that 'bonus' offer by themselves, i guess that is part of the cex plan.

good post! maybe that's their plan ... ^^

Pull back now, and pull back enough. Lips sealed Almost 41GH/s already.

Edit: Over 41GH/s already..

Ironically, it was probably fine before wafflepool swept in...

That's true.
Activity: 58
Looked too good to be true, definitely was too good to be true...

Ironically, it was probably fine before wafflepool swept in...
Activity: 679
Merit: 507
Always the same cryptos mining here, LTC and DOGE... not really Multipool..  Undecided
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
It may have been too good to be true but clever marketing.

It's very good to know you are not asleep at the wheel/switch poolwaffle.

Keep up the good work, stay on the ball,

The early bird catches the 1st worm and all that. Wink

Theres a typo in your last sentence.  "Early bird gets no sleep, hammers away on a makeshift proxy, and then gets dicked around by a marketing scheme" Smiley

They still look like they're paying out 100 LTC/block (2x), so as soon as that stops, I'll cut the proxy (and re-enable if it goes back to 2x).

Jump to: