Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 196. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Coinmarkinet.io is up but the trading still "paused".

Withdraw coins that can be traded elsewhere!

Because the speed matters [but being up doesn't].
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Always to the fullest always to the max!
I'm thinking server capacity is at its limit on the east server....hence the upgrades that waffle was talking about scheduled for tomorrow!!! Undecided
Activity: 4
I'm having the exact same problem.  Eventually my miners will connect to east after about 45 seconds.  And the miners already connected to east have no problem.  But i'm trying to tune one of my miners and every time i restart it, it takes about 45 seconds to connect.
Well mine were chugging along just fine till i had to restart the miner, then they wouldnt connect......unless i switched over to the west server
Activity: 39
US.EAST wont connect with my miner, had to switch over to US.WEST ....anybody else ?

No issues here with useast
Activity: 10
US.EAST wont connect with my miner, had to switch over to US.WEST ....anybody else ?

All four of my miners are plugging away on east.
Activity: 42
Norrps pointless having GPU-memclock, GPU-core and GPU-diff, take out the diff line.
Also auto-GPU too.

So is variable gpu/memory speed bad thing to use while mining here? Im using it to cool down the rig a little when room temp rises.

I will try it without auto-gpu and memdiff, thanks for input.
No it's ok, but temp target will do the same thing if you set a range, it's fine you're just kinda duplicating things a little.

Are you using the new cgminer variance that has xintensity?

Im using sgminer 4.1.0, cgminer wouldnt let me run cards with different thread counts.
I have 4x R9 290 and 2x R9 280X all on the same mb and running in one miner instance.

Sometimes when room gets really hot fans cant keep up cooling so reducing clock speeds seemed appropriate.
All cards are overclocked, some cards undervolted, others slightly overvolted. 290's are running 940khs each and 280x are doing 760 khs each.

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Norrps pointless having GPU-memclock, GPU-core and GPU-diff, take out the diff line.
Also auto-GPU too.

So is variable gpu/memory speed bad thing to use while mining here? Im using it to cool down the rig a little when room temp rises.

No it's ok, but temp target will do the same thing if you set a range, it's fine you're just kinda duplicating things a little.

Are you using the new cgminer variance that has xintensity?
Also auto-GPU too.

Activity: 319
Also auto-GPU too, shaders and why are fans set to 0-0 is is it watercooled? You are setting a fan speed range there but then a temp target too, you have a whole bunch of conflicting settings in that file.
I got this 5.24 mhs rig, it runs normally smoothly, but when i mine on Wafflepool it freezes once or twice every 24 hours. Processes are still running but it does not produce shares and becomes unaccessible via Teamviewer.

I suspect that this behaviour occurs when there is changes, maintenace or other going on at the server.
Recently when mr. Poolwaffle was out of town for couple of days, i witnessed less such behaviour.

So has anyone experienced similar behaviour while mining on Wafflepool?

Is there a particular setting specific to this pool that is off and i have missed it?

Heres the config file from sgminer:

I experienced something similar with one of my rigs. It would mine fine for a few hours and then stop submitting shares. I use Chrome Remote Desktop and never had a problem. My suggestion - use CGwatcher and set it to restart the miner if there are no submitted shares in several minutes. I have mine set to restart the miner if no shares are submitted in 2 minutes. Working well so far.

Sorry i forgot to mention, i have CGWatcher watching, but apparently it either dies or gets false data from sgminer when this issue happens.
When freeze happens there is no log, event or anything related to the issue form either miner, watcher or operating system.

This is happening only when mining at WP.
Activity: 10
I got this 5.24 mhs rig, it runs normally smoothly, but when i mine on Wafflepool it freezes once or twice every 24 hours. Processes are still running but it does not produce shares and becomes unaccessible via Teamviewer.

I suspect that this behaviour occurs when there is changes, maintenace or other going on at the server.
Recently when mr. Poolwaffle was out of town for couple of days, i witnessed less such behaviour.

Is there a particular setting specific to this pool that is off and i have missed it?

I experienced something similar with one of my rigs. It would mine fine for a few hours and then stop submitting shares. I use Chrome Remote Desktop and never had a problem. My suggestion - use CGwatcher and set it to restart the miner if there are no submitted shares in several minutes. I have mine set to restart the miner if no shares are submitted in 2 minutes. Working well so far.

{
"pools" : [

{
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3333",
      "user" : "****************************",
      "pass" : "h=512"
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333",
      "user" : "****************************",
      "pass" : "h=512"
   },
   {
      "url" : "http://********.com:3339",
      "user" : "******",
      "pass" : "*****"
   },
   {
      "url" : "http://********.com:3334",
      "user" : "*******",
      "pass" : "******"
   }
]
"xintensity" : "640,4,4,640,640,640",
"worksize" : "256,256,256,256,256,256",
"kernel" : "zuikkis,zuikkis,zuikkis,zuikkis,zuikkis,zuikkis",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2,2,2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "25601,8193,8193,25601,25601,25601",
"shaders" : "0,0,0,0,0,0",
"gpu-threads" : "1,2,2,1,1,1",
"gpu-engine" : "700-1050,700-1080,700-1080,700-1050,700-1050,700-1050",
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-fan" : "0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0,0-0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1500,1500,1500,1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "450,415,420,450,450,450",
"gpu-powertune" : "30,20,-20,30,30,30",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,1.106,0.000,0.000,0.000",
"gpu-map" : "1:0,2:1,0:2,3:3,5:4,4:5",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95,95,95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "90,90,90,90,90,90",
"temp-target" : "83,83,83,83,83,83",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "28",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/kernel"
}
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
This is from the last 2 pages, SERIOUSLY? wtf does this have anything to do with this pool? This just pollutes the thread. Please make another thread to have your orgy.
And your post just pollutes it more... If we're talking about mining on wafflepool, that it's not exactly off-topic.  How about you go bitch somewhere else?
Activity: 378
If it has a DVI-I connector, you can use the dummy plug.

Simple dummy plug:

http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

I learned it from here, myself. Works perfectly.
Not all cards have a DVI-I connector, offering only DVI-D connectors, so you are wrong - a dvi/vga dummy plug will not work.  R9 290s do not work with those dummy plugs, and frankly, those 30sec dummy plugs are now pointless and stupid (modern drivers don't need them)

With 290s, some mobo's won't post without a monitor attached. Easiest solutions are attach a monitor, attach an hdmi switch, and buy a DP to VGA adapter (with active chip) and make a dummy plug with that.
can you please give me the products links that i need?
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
This is from the last 2 pages, SERIOUSLY? wtf does this have anything to do with this pool? This just pollutes the thread. Please make another thread to have your orgy.

Perhaps slightly off topic, but just wanted... [snip]

It has something to do with gpu hw acceleration... [snip]

If your intensity is high you will see a drop doing anything, [snip]

Yes, that's what I use

Or you can use the integrated graphics... [snip]

Intensity is 13 (it's a 280X card, and 13 seems to suit it well)... [snip]

First, go to the bios and set integrated to primary. Then you can plug it... [snip]

that dummy plug works with r290?i mean can i use igpu with r290?

Cool, Thanks for the info, Don't suppose you know if teamviewer hits the gpu at all ? [snip]

Nope, you have to use real monitor cable and a real monitor. Good is most monitors have more than 1 port, use something hdmi and dvi

my monitor has 3ports:1 analog,1 dvi,1 hdmi... [snip]

no, but sometimes when i connect i see the main card drop a few kh, but then creeps back up to its normal rate. 

I found out to install properly the amd drivers the igpu needs to be disabled...[snip]

Same here. Not a big deal tho.

If it has a DVI-I connector, you can use the dummy plug... [snip]

or u can use an amd based system , and it loads all its drivers w/o dummyplug...[snip]

you can browse when using BAMT

I forgot to tell that the first resistor is enough. You don't need 3.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If it has a DVI-I connector, you can use the dummy plug.

Simple dummy plug:

http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

I learned it from here, myself. Works perfectly.
Not all cards have a DVI-I connector, offering only DVI-D connectors, so you are wrong - a dvi/vga dummy plug will not work.  R9 290s do not work with those dummy plugs, and frankly, those 30sec dummy plugs are now pointless and stupid (modern drivers don't need them)

With 290s, some mobo's won't post without a monitor attached. Easiest solutions are attach a monitor, attach an hdmi switch, and buy a DP to VGA adapter (with active chip) and make a dummy plug with that.
Alright, a heads up guys.

Early this morning we suffered a DDOS that got through our DDOS protection, and our server was taken out of use for about 3 hours (3:00am until 6:00am) by our host.  We've hardened protections further, and hopefully it doesn't happen again.  That said, unfortunately, DDOS's are one of the hardest things to fight, so the best we can do is make it harder and harder for people to attack us.

That brings us to our next piece:
Tomorrow will be a day of upgrades.  We will be doubling our server capacity across the board, and as part of that, various pieces of the site will be down for varying lengths of time.

Some pieces of wafflepool will not require major downtime.  Things like stratum endpoints will have bigger boxes spun up side-by-side, and then have DNS records updated.  You'll most likely see a disconnect, and will transparently reconnect to the new box.  If your DNS is cached locally (either at your internet provider, or on your local machine), it may not connect right away, and need to wait for the cache to flush.  To make sure you don't lose any mining time MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP POOL SETUP.  When each of these are being changed, I'll have a post up in the header of the site.

Other pieces of wafflepool, when getting upgraded (master database), will bring everything to a halt for a short time.  Ideally I'll have a much better idea of how long it will take as we get closer, but early guesses are about an hour, maybe two.  I'm currently working on a system that may make us be able to mine during that cutover, but I'm not 100% sure yet.  One of two things will happen during the database upgrade.  Either 1) Everything will be turned off for that hour (mining as well) and you'll failover to your backup pool.  Or 2) We'll keep mining up by logging everything to an extra logging server (shares, blocks, etc), and process it back in when the new master database is up and running.

Could you please specify roughly GMT/UTC time when those upgrades will occur? Thanks.

Unknown at this time.  I'll give the best estimates I can as I know them.  Sorry I can't be more specific there Sad

did we lose any shares during the DDOS earlier or was it just the front end site that went down?

Seems that we did not loose any shares, stats got messed up though.
Activity: 56
why are you guys asking for help with your hardware, remote desktop software and your cat's late periods in here? pages and pages of offtopic and even more pages of answers to offtopic.
this thread is for wafflepool related topics, right?  Undecided
Jump to: