Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 200. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Anybody else not able to connect to the main website? I stopped pool mining when all the coins started to get sh1t on by them, decreasing all profits across the board. I just wanted to check the stats page and I can't connect.

Same here
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
Anybody else not able to connect to the main website? I stopped pool mining when all the coins started to get sh1t on by them, decreasing all profits across the board. I just wanted to check the stats page and I can't connect.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
wtf is happening in crypto market???
profit rate falling to ltc maybe below
 Huh Huh
any ideas?

People are starting to realize a crap clone coin made by a kid in his mom's basement might not have any long term value or following... That is the problem in a nutshell. Too many coins and bids are spread too thin combined with a lot of selling. Constant selling.

I will not be surprised if the time of multipools has passed and end up just mining 2-3 coins max. At that point i will just pick the coin i want to mine myself...
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
poolwaffle

thank you very much for your work in putting together this pool and maintaining it.. i know that at times it can seem to be a thankless endeavor.  Ignore the naysayers...  Wink

Have you given any thought to a minimum payout?  So that my wallet isn't spammed with sub .1 btc payouts?  I'd prefer jsut leaving those in my account until my next payout.

Thanks!

Activity: 13
I have a rather strange request, I'm away from the place I left my rig and I set it all up correctly left it all night running cool, Then I had to go visit my gf family which is 1300km away , I checked the hash rate before I slept at a hotel and it was still running, After I woke hash rate is zero and had been more or less straight after I slept , Then sudden bursts here and there later in the day, Now my guesses are, Electric failed? Already asked and that's not the case because it's a big complex and the owner told me it's working, Internet is down ? She said it's not, And why sudden bursts of hashing ? I don't really trust the owner of the place, I'm pretty sure somebody has broken in and taken my rig , Is there anyway to see the IP address of where it mined last ? Which ISP ?, I have two servers for Wafflepool set up as failover so it should be running.

Anyway here's my btc address all help is very welcome because I'm worried and also gutted to think it might be gone 17irVYRJxWNP8ocYm3zPMYiNKbssd5xfNm

Hope somebody has a suggestion apart from the obvious go back and look  Huh

For the future, use something like VNC or http://www.splashtop.com/ to log in remotely.  I use splashtop to log in from my phone from home to check on the miners. 

For several days one of my miners was crashing at 9:0am ever day.  CGwatcher wasnt even restarting it.  I had to log in a give it a kick to get working again.  no clue what the problem was. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
wtf is happening in crypto market???
profit rate falling to ltc maybe below
 Huh Huh
any ideas?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Anyone else seeing a bunch of duplicate shares today?  I had to restart my rig today and after an hour I'm seeing ~2.3% rejects, all duplicate.  Most days I'm well under 1%.
I have been seeing an increase in Duplicate Share rejects over the past while, yes.  But this has been several days, not just today. Duplicate Shares account for the majority of my rejects now it seems.
Activity: 4
Anyone else seeing a bunch of duplicate shares today?  I had to restart my rig today and after an hour I'm seeing ~2.3% rejects, all duplicate.  Most days I'm well under 1%.
Activity: 28
I have a rather strange request, I'm away from the place I left my rig and I set it all up correctly left it all night running cool, Then I had to go visit my gf family which is 1300km away , I checked the hash rate before I slept at a hotel and it was still running, After I woke hash rate is zero and had been more or less straight after I slept , Then sudden bursts here and there later in the day, Now my guesses are, Electric failed? Already asked and that's not the case because it's a big complex and the owner told me it's working, Internet is down ? She said it's not, And why sudden bursts of hashing ? I don't really trust the owner of the place, I'm pretty sure somebody has broken in and taken my rig , Is there anyway to see the IP address of where it mined last ? Which ISP ?, I have two servers for Wafflepool set up as failover so it should be running.

Anyway here's my btc address all help is very welcome because I'm worried and also gutted to think it might be gone 17irVYRJxWNP8ocYm3zPMYiNKbssd5xfNm

I don't think if somebody took your rig then turn it on and mine with it...
Most likely a malfunction. System reboots continuously and sometimes got a minute to mine before that. Or a card failing and cgwatcher restarts it. Something like that.
Next time use something like Teamviewer. That's a nice remote app that needs no port forwarding, only a few clicks to run. I even use it from my Android phone.
Activity: 56

i bet your gf's mother planned all this. she lured you away from your rig with her doughter and a moment you turned away, distracted - all your money belong to them. oo
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

you dont have anything setup to remote control the box?
Activity: 56
Why not call a friend and ask them to check in on your place to see if it is secure.

When you get home buy an IPcam and install it where you can see your rig, so that you can log onto it from your phone to look in your place to see if all is ok for when you are away next. You can set them up to record and have motion detection also.

Buy and install a motion detection alarm that calls you from a cheap mobile phone if anyone enters your home while you are away.

Order yourself a pizza for delivery and wait to see if they call back to say no answer, whats going on ? If after an hour there is no call you should call the pizza place back and say where is my pizza. If they say it was delivered and paid for then some one is in your home eating a pizza probably.

You can do the same with a taxi / cab,

Call your landlord to say you had a call saying you had been broken in to, you have called the police could he go and wait for them to arrive .

May be your rig is just malfunctioning, or the place is on fire because it overheated and the building is burning down.

I would not worry too much if you had been broken in to I am sure you would of had a call by now, and the insurance will pay for you a brand new rig in that event or if there has been a fire.
Activity: 84
Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food

Activity: 52
@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink
But we're taking out the trash by killing copy/paste shitcoins
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.

1 minute seems too low especially with a fixed difficulty of 512.  I recommend increasing it to 5.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.

We had one of our servers crash today.  It might have just been a really oddly timed coincidence that you saw it happen.  About 1/18th of our pool stopped accepting shares for about 10 minutes before I was alerted and it got restarted.  This is pretty rare, we've had a server go down maybe twice in the last week (and this is the reason I want to expand our server cluster when I'm back tomorrow/friday).

this has happened several times now, 1 minute goes by, cgwatcher restarts the miner, and i start getting accepted shares again.  i didn't post this to criticize your pool btw, so no need to try to explain anything.  i thought that maybe this would help others get the most out of their mining time.  not sure how to explain why i don't get accepted shares for 1 minute periods at times, but at least with cgwatcher i don't have to babysit.  1 minute might be a short period of time anyway.  i just think it works for me.

btw, is there any penalty of disconnecting and reconnecting like that?

No offense taken.  I thought it was just one time today, and figured that could be a possible explanation Smiley  Shouldn't be any penalty for the disconnect/reconnected other than than the few hundred milliseconds of downtime where you're not working (minimal).

We had one of our servers crash today.  It might have just been a really oddly timed coincidence that you saw it happen.  About 1/18th of our pool stopped accepting shares for about 10 minutes before I was alerted and it got restarted.  This is pretty rare, we've had a server go down maybe twice in the last week (and this is the reason I want to expand our server cluster when I'm back tomorrow/friday).

this has happened several times now, 1 minute goes by, cgwatcher restarts the miner, and i start getting accepted shares again.  i didn't post this to criticize your pool btw, so no need to try to explain anything.  i thought that maybe this would help others get the most out of their mining time.  not sure how to explain why i don't get accepted shares for 1 minute periods at times, but at least with cgwatcher i don't have to babysit.  1 minute might be a short period of time anyway.  i just think it works for me.

btw, is there any penalty of disconnecting and reconnecting like that?
Activity: 322
Merit: 254

Activity: 60
@Poolwaffle, nice politically correct answer. Smiley I will not provide you "any meaningful suggestions" as, to be honest, I want you to fail because (and I didn't know when I started mining but I am sure of it now) these 1.0 auto-profit switching pools are pure evil, wrecking the coin markets by operating the way they do.

I hope these pools like yours (and even the 2.0 ones) become even more useless soon when more coins start to implement custom/different protocols requiring modified mining software. We've already seen this with Keccak SHA-3 and Scrypt Jane and the different CPU only coins. I'm only hoping someone won't develop auto-protocol/algorithm-switching mining software then! Wink

You must be joking, right? What "coin markets" are you talking about? The tons and tons of useless crappy coins, often enough a bad copy of a copy of a copy, created by toolsets on the net for 0.1 btc or less that break into orphan-pieces, if hashpower switches quickly? With blocktimes of a few seconds?

When it becomes clear, that there is no real value in any of the new new new coins, the price drops and the coin vanishes, like many before. That has nothing to do with Profit Pools or Multipools or auto-switching rigs as there were many before the 4, 5 big pools.

The system is due to fail and as long as it lasts, every one trys to make a buck or two out of his electric power.

Quit whining and go playing outside if you like. Hope, that wasn´t to politically correct too. Wink

PS: sorry for offtopic, but I had to vent apparantly Smiley
started using cgwather last night.  i set my setting to restart the miner after 1 minute of no shares accepted.  i notice that if the 1 minute mark gets hit, the miner restarts and starts accepting shares almost instantaneously.  obviously this is helping, but what would be the reason why shares don't flow at times?
does anyone else use this?  i find it pretty cool and feel like my work output is much better with the least amount of downtime.
What is your hashrate?

I never restart my miners unless doing updates or major changes, and do not have any issues.

1300 on pc
2300 on rig
Jump to: