Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 213. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Wait and see... short term results aren't worth being concerned about. We had worse days then this even when the pool was small and we were mining low-diff coins.

@PoolWaffle: how about a 'luck' statistic to go along with BTC/MH/day?  That would be awesome.  Each time the switcher decides to stop mining a coin and when diff changes while mining a given coin, take total hashes (based on shares submitted) per block relative to expected # of hashes per block, and record both stats.  Per coin luck would be awesome, but a simple aggregated daily luck stat would do a lot to distinguish between an unlucky day and an unprofitable one for other reasons.  I have a few ideas how to make this a fairly uncostly calculation, but I am sure you can figure that out too.

Also, do you think it would be worthwhile to differenciate fast switching users from slower switching users (by recording longest time to submit a share past work change, maybe), and then use only those workers that switch very fast to mine low diff fast switching coins?  This seems like a rather excellent way to divide our hashing power into smaller groups, and enable us to pick up a few % by hitting the low-diff coins. If you have a db table with a running stat for each worker that represents how fast they switch in a row with their hashrate, the switcher could move the fastest workers up to a given total hashrate to a low-diff coin, and maybe the next fastest chunk to another, etc.  I think I might have sent you an e-mail about this thought, but I don't recall if I just intended to send an e-mail, or if I actually did send it. If it is simply too complicated to bother with now, no worries - just an idea.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
http://wafflepool.com/stats

Wow the gap between exchanged and sent really seems to be growing.   More payouts to come today?

Loving WP!

So the main piece in the unexchanged (and part of the reason the earnings for today have bounced around a bit), is one of our exchanges (coinmarket.io) has been down for 2-3 days.  So a bunch of coins (smartcoin, karmacoin, reddcoin, penguincoin) have been sitting on the exchange, and have been unable to get exchanged.  Since then, smartcoin has been added to Cryptsy, and we originally added the smartcoin we had mined with the expected exchange rate (added to balance).  But since coinmarket.io has been locked (and our coins are over there), our scripts started pulling prices from Cryptsy (lower than coinmarket - and probably more correct since they're more recent), and the expected earnings for those coins are lower.  Since we recorded them a few days ago at a higher value, and now (today, a tiny bit yesterday) are recording them at a lower value, our "earnings" for today suffered.  Essentially its just a bad way of reading/recording these stats, but its what we've got for now...

The last few hours have been the worst results i've seen since I've joined this pool.  I added two large miners today (nearly doubling my hash rate) and my current earnings over the last few hours are almost the same as it was before the additions...

Concerning to say the least.
Today's update shows a large 4% drop (the BTC/MH has been in decline for days).  That correlates with yesterday's low payout (nearly 50% of prior days).

MH (Avg)= 27.236MH (-3.51%)
Hours= 162.45
BTC/MH (Avg of 11 miners)= 0.01002256
BTC/MH (Max of 11 miners)= 0.01411054
BTC/MH (Min of 11 miners)= 0.00882743
Today's Trend= -4.06%

This is over 6.7 days - if it doesn't improve tomorrow my stats will crack sub 0.01 for the first time as an average.

Gridseeds are out there. A few MHs is not going to get you anything anymore. Just gotta wait around for a coin that figures out how to successfully decentralize.
Lol... gridseeds barely add anything to total scrypt hashing power.  Additional hashrate from gridseeds hashing wouldn't compare to additional GPUs hashing.  No idea what you are talking about regarding a coin decentralizing.

WafflePool is:
1. (Like all pools) Subject to variance and luck
2. Trying out a new switching algorithm that might decrease profit (but because of #1, this is impossible to know until we try it for a few days)

Also, altcoins have fallen in value a bit in the wake of MtGox bankrupsy news.  Tends to be, bitcoin loses some value, then altcoins drop in respect to BTC too. Doge is down, mint is down, etc etc.

Gridseeds don't matter... more ATI GPUs are being produced then are gridseed chips.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Today's update shows a large 4% drop (the BTC/MH has been in decline for days).  That correlates with yesterday's low payout (nearly 50% of prior days).

Hours= 162.45
Today's Trend= -4.06%

This is over 6.7 days - if it doesn't improve tomorrow my stats will crack sub 0.01 for the first time as an average.

Gridseeds are out there. A few MHs is not going to get you anything anymore. Just gotta wait around for a coin that figures out how to successfully decentralize.
Activity: 17
Today's update shows a large 4% drop (the BTC/MH has been in decline for days).  That correlates with yesterday's low payout (nearly 50% of prior days).

Hours= 162.45
Today's Trend= -4.06%

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
guys im gettin
json key data not found
json inval data

in cgminer
any idea???
Sounds like a bad config file... you're probably missing a , or quote somewhere.

yup little ,
tnx mate
guys im gettin
json key data not found
json inval data

in cgminer
any idea???
Sounds like a bad config file... you're probably missing a , or quote somewhere.
Activity: 560
guys im gettin
json key data not found
json inval data

in cgminer
any idea???
Activity: 322
Merit: 254

Wow the gap between exchanged and sent really seems to be growing.   More payouts to come today?

Loving WP!

So the main piece in the unexchanged (and part of the reason the earnings for today have bounced around a bit), is one of our exchanges (coinmarket.io) has been down for 2-3 days.  So a bunch of coins (smartcoin, karmacoin, reddcoin, penguincoin) have been sitting on the exchange, and have been unable to get exchanged.  Since then, smartcoin has been added to Cryptsy, and we originally added the smartcoin we had mined with the expected exchange rate (added to balance).  But since coinmarket.io has been locked (and our coins are over there), our scripts started pulling prices from Cryptsy (lower than coinmarket - and probably more correct since they're more recent), and the expected earnings for those coins are lower.  Since we recorded them a few days ago at a higher value, and now (today, a tiny bit yesterday) are recording them at a lower value, our "earnings" for today suffered.  Essentially its just a bad way of reading/recording these stats, but its what we've got for now...
Activity: 39
I'm testing a new stats page.  The idea is very simple charts showing trends over time.

If anyone wants to help me test it out over the next day or 2 please PM me.  I'm hoping to take it live very soon.
Activity: 16

Loving WP!
Activity: 31
A suggestion: why not offer a 'premium' version of wafflestats and charge for it? I would pay for these features (and I bet others would 'donate' for premium as well):
- 1min granular stats
- server-side data retreival (no need to keep the page open client-side)
- BTC/MH/24hr stat at every payment

- retain display settings for btc address
- separate graph lines for multiple workers (when poolwaffle implements multiple workers)
Activity: 84
Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food
Augh, no, we're fine. Donations are covering costs pretty good. I appreciate them a lot! It remains to be seen how much this next months server costs will be with the upgrades I did -- but I think I'll be fine. The servers are fine too... load balancing and dedicated servers are not even skipping a beat when it comes to the load now.
Hey, Wil;

A suggestion: why not offer a 'premium' version of wafflestats and charge for it? I would pay for these features (and I bet others would 'donate' for premium as well):
- 1min granular stats

An app would be nice
Augh, no, we're fine. Donations are covering costs pretty good. I appreciate them a lot! It remains to be seen how much this next months server costs will be with the upgrades I did -- but I think I'll be fine. The servers are fine too... load balancing and dedicated servers are not even skipping a beat when it comes to the load now.
Hey, Wil;

- 1min granular stats
Hashrate: 20.06 GH/s
Time to open the champagne?

I would like to think he's been using it to flush his toliet this week to be honest  Grin
Activity: 49
Hashrate: 20.06 GH/s
Time to open the champagne?
Augh, no, we're fine. Donations are covering costs pretty good.

Not that I dont like the way your site looks now, But I honestly think you should have a few banners on it to help cover the costs, It wouldn't make much difference.
Activity: 20
Hi all,

Is anyone else getting error502 bad gateway when trying to connect to the better stats page ? Huh

Yeah looks like the influx of users has overloaded Wil's servers again, poor dude I doubt his donations are even covering daily costs!

No, the issue last night is a dumber one. I increased the restrictions on my security groups/open ports last night. Everything SEEMED to be fine after the switch. The issue came around midnight when redis was disconnected for whatever reason and it attempted to reconnect to port 6379 when in fact I had only opened port 6397. It failed, crashing node, which caused the server to die and not recover.

Stupid issue, but we're back up and running now!
Activity: 383
Any plans on adding TIPS?  Seems to have good bursts of profitability on Multipool.
Activity: 15
Note: Payouts are being changed slighty (multiple times per day), please see here for more information.

Those of you still mining at our default domain (wafflepool.com instead of one of our geo-located hosts), please update your configuration as we will be disabling mining on the base domain in the next couple days.

Okay. So I am at this domain right now with CGminer:
Amsterdam: stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3333

Does this mean that ^^^^^that one will be disabled soon or??? Cause in the description it says:

wafflepool.com instead of one of our geo-located hosts.

Thanks in advance.

The post you just quoted means they will be disabling mining on wafflepool.com (the default domain) and they want EVERYONE to begin using the geo-specific domains. I think you just interpreted it incorrectly.

Well yes, I might have interpreted it incorrectly. But where is the information about the geo-specific domains? It doenst state a new site or whatever.

Dude. You're already on a geo-specific domain. That's what eu.wafflepool.com is.
Jump to: