Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 215. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
just an fyi, my hashrate that is showing is waaaaaay off. I'm really at about 1.75 mh/s rock steady on the rig I have pointing to this but sometimes it says 600kh/sec and sometimes 3500kh/sec lol...
This is normal - as started on the site, hashrate is a short term average based on shares, so your hashrate will fluctuate up and down, but on average will be equal to your real hashrate.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

C:\Windows\System32>ping sea.wafflepool.com

正在 Ping sea.wafflepool.com [128.199.238.183] 具有 32 字节的数据:
来自 128.199.238.183 的回复: 字节=32 时间=168ms TTL=53
来自 128.199.238.183 的回复: 字节=32 时间=165ms TTL=53
来自 128.199.238.183 的回复: 字节=32 时间=168ms TTL=53
来自 128.199.238.183 的回复: 字节=32 时间=154ms TTL=53

128.199.238.183 的 Ping 统计信息:
    数据包: 已发送 = 4,已接收 = 4,丢失 = 0 (0% 丢失)

ping with asia server is pretty good.
Activity: 14
just an fyi, my hashrate that is showing is waaaaaay off. I'm really at about 1.75 mh/s rock steady on the rig I have pointing to this but sometimes it says 600kh/sec and sometimes 3500kh/sec lol...

Read the thread this is normal, it has been explained 100 times in the last 25 pages.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 14
+1 for this server in the asia pacific region, hopefully the data centre you've chosen in asia is a lower ping for me here in Australia, uswest and to a lesser extent useast aren't so bad but eu is definitely not Australia friendly at 350ms+ (although some pools and internet sites dream of being as low as 350 haha).

The server is actually physically up, just not active for mining.  You can test with a ping to see if its better (please anyone that tests that would normally use an asia server post results):

Saying it again, because some people don't read things unless its in bold and allcaps.
THIS IS NOT UP FOR MINING, ONLY TESTING FOR PING PURPOSES
ping sea.wafflepool.com

ouch 380ms, guess Australia's international connections to America are far superior than to Asia (which I already suspected).
I dont know about you guys, but when this isnt profitable anymore Im going to build some crazy quad GPU 6 monitor eyefinity gamine machine with my miner hardware. 

+1

I purposefully bought new hardware (290s and such) so I can either resell or... reuse lol. All those people with like 5800 series cards and shit are going to be scratching their heads..
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I dont know about you guys, but when this isnt profitable anymore Im going to build some crazy quad GPU 6 monitor eyefinity gamine machine with my miner hardware. 

+1
Activity: 56
PW, i just noticed that my workers sometimes are mining on different coins even they are connected to the same eu host. This is awesome. And with your smooth switching from coin to coin, it is twice as awesome. GJ
Activity: 6
whenever scrypt mining not profitable already, there will be surely new coins with ASIC resistance like Vertcoin will be ruling the market as well Smiley so GPU mining will still profitable in a sense
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
MH (Avg)= 26.819MH (-5.93%)
Hours= 138.87
BTC/MH (Avg of 11 miners)= 0.01050958
BTC/MH (Max of 11 miners)= 0.01355961
BTC/MH (Min of 11 miners)= 0.00990492
Today's Trend= -0.92%

Today's update shows another downward move for my miners but only 0.92%.  The worrying part though is that while yesterday the accepted MH matched very closely with my client side today I'm seeing a 5.93% drop.  I don't see anything on the miner's themselves to account for that.  Rejects are still very low.
EXACTLY what's happening to me. My average has dropped and for no apparent reason. It does NOT match client side very well now. Sad
Activity: 17
MH (Avg)= 26.819MH (-5.93%)
Hours= 138.87
BTC/MH (Avg of 11 miners)= 0.01050958
BTC/MH (Max of 11 miners)= 0.01355961
BTC/MH (Min of 11 miners)= 0.00990492
Today's Trend= -0.92%

Today's update shows another downward move for my miners but only 0.92%.  The worrying part though is that while yesterday the accepted MH matched very closely with my client side today I'm seeing a 5.93% drop.  I don't see anything on the miner's themselves to account for that.  Rejects are still very low.
I think even if a scrypt-asic comes out there will be new coins that will be made resistant to it. So I don't see mining going away for that reason alone.
If altcoins remain viable and anybody is buying them maybe.  The altcoin market might just die off one of these days - it's not like they really have any use so far.
I think even if a scrypt-asic comes out there will be new coins that will be made resistant to it. So I don't see mining going away for that reason alone.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
Been watching the new switcher for a few hours here, and it looks like its performing slightly better overall (could be luck, or prices), but it doesn't look to be performing significantly worse (the worst option).  So it will be running overnight, and we'll have a lot better stats in the morning.
Activity: 13
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
My hardware costs for my 3.6 Mh's were $1600 CAD including everything, but most of it was bought back in November. I could cover my initial costs by selling 4 of my 7 gpu's since their value doubled since I bought them, but my plan is in the event scrypt mining becomes unprofitable, I will keep a few GPUs for have a wicked gaming system (currently only using an old GTX 470).

I have actually paid off about 70% of the rigs from selling some BTC, and the value of my remaining BTC more than covers the last 30% and then some, but I keep it to trade with.
Activity: 28
Over 100% everything is a bonus. Enjoy it while I can.

If you calculate resell price to ROI it is lot quicker, that's true. But before you have the money in your wallet, you better calculate with everything you spent.

My friend built a 3 card rig that capable of 4,5MH. It was around $4000. Those 7990s won't be very popular if GPU mining goes boom. That's a really nice rig but he needs to reach $4000 to make profits. Of course if he sell them he get back some of the money, but he needs them if he wants to make money. That's why I call them bonus.

Not to mention that rig has a lot of problems... PSUs can't keep up and die, cables fry, etc...
That's not necessarily true. My takings are already at 81% of my expense, and I'm only doing it for 6 weeks. I gradually built up my rigs so average is like 50% for the 6 weeks and still I'm at 81%. It could be 100% allready if not for mtgox...
So resell does not matter for me. If I don't need them anymore then I sell them at a price they buy it. It's a bonus.
I don't see how another avenue to profit negates what I was saying.  Fact remains that a new GPU sold at say 75% of purchase price vs an older GPU sold at 25% represents a big chunk of much higher confidence ROI in a speculative market like mining.  This is specifically true when you're getting into the game this late.  Personally, I have no intention of buying more GPUs for mining - I stopped at the end of January.

Resell might not matter to you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter... and if you're doing ROI math as precisely as you are, it makes no sense to consider equipment resale a 'bonus'.  At least that's my take.
Activity: 28
That's not necessarily true. My takings are already at 81% of my expense, and I'm only doing it for 6 weeks. I gradually built up my rigs so average is like 50% for the 6 weeks and still I'm at 81%. It could be 100% allready if not for mtgox...
So resell does not matter for me. If I don't need them anymore then I sell them at a price they buy it. It's a bonus.

Thanks for the responses, that makes sense. Looking for Scrypt miners, there are some custom built units, for example a 900 kH/s for 800 dollars or 600kH/s - $500. Looks like they are based on ATI video cards and go for around $100 per 100kH/s.

Of course, I also found a Radeon 7850 for $160 that is supposed to do 350 kH/s and dual 6970 for $400 that will do 850 kH/s....hmmm, I've been meaning to upgrade my gaming rig.

Last question, is there a good profitability calculator for what we are doing? I understand now that those bitcoin ones out there do not apply.
Scrypt mining, at this point, is almost entirely done by AMD GPUs.  This might change, as ASIC equipment is likely to roll out from a few companies this year (and we have already seen GridSeed offering ASIC units), but so far GPUs remain dominant.

Profitability calculating is nearly impossible, because nobody can predict the future.  You can see that WafflePool averages about .01BTC/day with 1MH/s.  But this could change at any time, depending on the buyer markets, coins, etc - it could go down, or it might even go up.  For now tho, you can figure .01BTC/day per 1000KH/s is a safe average.

When buying GPUs, it's a good idea to keep re-sale in mind.  You might get slightly less $/KH value out of the top-of-line ATI GPU (say an R9 280X, 290, or 290X), but your re-sale a few months down the line is likely going to be a hell of a lot better then a 5850 or other low-end card that nobody is going to want.  The great part of GPU mining, is there is always the PC Gaming market for re-sale, whereas when you get into ASICs, once they are worthless to mine with, they are worthless period.
Jump to: