Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 271. (Read 465567 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
OK, Endpoints should be a good bit more stable now (compared to the last 24hrs), this is especially true of EU and USWest endpoints.  They may still have a reload here and there while I'm working on them, but it should be very minimal.

Miner page has been switched to the new balance logging.  Logging every unconfirmed/confirmed coin change per miner in a way that we can easily retrieve it becomes way too heavy to let users pull on their own.  So it now shows balance changes when an individual gets converted to bitcoin.  Shows how much of each coin into how much bitcoin.  Any listed as "unknown" were being imported from the previous system, they'll eventually fall off the list, but for now they're there.
Expect a few bits of downtime here over the next hour or so, I'm actively working on the endpoints, so you might see some drops and rejects (sorry ahead of time, I'll try to keep them to a minimum), the good news is, when they're back up fully, they should be much more stable.
Oh, and I'd consider raising the minimum diff from "2" or whatever it is. That seems awfully low. On uswest, just using h=xxx, I get about a 4.5% reject ratio. It was under 1% with d=xxx. Unfortunately it would crash my system after a few hours with a static diff, so I've dropped intensity and am trying it again. Want to get rid of that reject ratio.

Minimum is set to 8 on all the new endpoints Smiley

As for server disconnects, a large number of those last night were me making tweaks and doing some rolling restarts.  A few of them (especially on eu it looks like) were the watchdog getting a bit too aggressive if the server wasn't giving work immediately, they've been restarted and tweaked to be a bit less aggressive, and I'll be watching them today closely.

I've also optimized our trader a bit.  Previously it was sometimes leaving us with a tiny bit of coins that we wouldn't be able to trade until a new block was found (for example, on cryptsy, can't trade under 10 fastcoin, and we had 3 sitting there from previous trades).  It should no longer do that, and any that are in that state will be cleaned up next time we have a tradeable balance (next block essentially).

We're also going to bundle more blocks together before doing sends to the exchange.  Previously we were essentially sending immediately upon block mature, but we now check if its worth waiting a bit (for example, when we find 10 blocks of the same coin in a row), and we'll wait until a few are matured, and send them all together (saves on transaction fees, which, while they aren't much, they do add up).  This also adds in to the first trading bit, where we will not even send amounts under the trade limit to the exchange to start with.

Balance logs are imported from the old system (the bottom table on the miner page), into a new system (faster, more manageable, easier to explain on a graph), and all new records are going into both systems.  I'll end up switching the display over to the new system sometime today.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
eu.wafflepool.com doesn't response, any idea? I switch to useast and the miner running well
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
hi everyone, im mining on eu.wafflepool.com and keep getting this night this:
Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
then i get new block and continues...

My internet is pretty good...anyone knows why it happens? thank you

So its not just me then ?

I'm seeing it too on uswest with d=128:

[2014-02-10 21:52:59] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
 [2014-02-10 21:52:59] Lost 16 shares due to stratum disconnect on pool 0
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I have d=256, scantime=1, expiry=1 and queue=1.
My miner goes to backup-pool every now and then, and usually every three hours it has connection to waffle-pool for unknown time.
Just a few minutes ago I changed my cgminer-settings as mentioned above, to get less rejects. Now they all (2rigs) go straight to backup-pool.

Too much load on the servers, maby?
Activity: 14

So its not just me then ?

I'm using d=64

[04:48:08] Pool: stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3333
 [04:48:08]  Share submissions: 2019
 [04:48:08]  Accepted shares: 1995
 [04:48:08]  Rejected shares: 24
 [04:48:08]  Accepted difficulty shares: 127680
 [04:48:08]  Rejected difficulty shares: 1200
 [04:48:08]  Reject ratio: 1.2%
 [04:48:08]  Items worked on: 4410
 [04:48:08]  Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks:

[04:48:08]  Unable to get work from server occasions: 75
 [04:48:08]  Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 1

runtime 12 hours.
I was using my pc for work and my intensity was low at 11 and avg hashrate of 200
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
As far as I am concerned, the more minimal the web site the better. Keep server load down to a minimum, and just offer a nice API. Others will create web sites and apps, no need wasting your time on that now. For example, thank you to whoever set up this...

http://waffles.wilschrader.com/

Works very well and can let you work on more important concerns. Profitability. At this point, I'd just do whatever clean up you feel is necessary, and move on to coin/exchange management and maintenance.

EDIT:
Oh, and I'd consider raising the minimum diff from "2" or whatever it is. That seems awfully low. On uswest, just using h=xxx, I get about a 4.5% reject ratio. It was under 1% with d=xxx. Unfortunately it would crash my system after a few hours with a static diff, so I've dropped intensity and am trying it again. Want to get rid of that reject ratio.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Activity: 30
Good suggestion maybe for new coins,

Digibyte (DGB)
USD-e (USDE)
Klondikecoin (KDC)
Noblecoin (NOBL)
Coino (CON)
Kittehcoin (MEOW)
Catcoin (CAT)

See this coins having some good days, and guess their some good coming for them in the near future Smiley!

Hope you will at maybe one,two or all of them Wink.

Ty in advance, and say it if you don't like the tips Smiley.

Greets
Can you please let us see on the personal page, what we transferred for that bitcoins, love the clean up btw.

Yep, its trimmed down a bit for the next day or so while I rewrite the logs.  The existing ones were too heavy to keep up as the pool grows, so its getting rewritten to be lighter (and ideally a bit more indicative of whats going on) Smiley
Activity: 28
What are the right settings for "scan-time", "expiry" and "queue" for R9 290 cards?
Best is.probably: 1,1,0; or maybe 5,5,0. Will result in the least amount of stales.

Thx! I'll try that.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What are the right settings for "scan-time", "expiry" and "queue" for R9 290 cards?
Best is.probably: 1,1,0; or maybe 5,5,0. Will result in the least amount of stales.
Dear Poolwaffle,

Can you please let us see on the personal page, what we transferred for that bitcoins, love the clean up btw.

Ty Smiley
Activity: 28
Then I don't say a thing Wink.

Maybe have higher incomes, so exchange takes longer...
Hope that's it Smiley!
After blocks get confirmed, it still takes time to spend to cryptsy and then have them confirm the transaction.  Also we have some mooncoin and such that doesnt confirm for days.

As long as the red part of the stats page graph increases once and a while,  exchanging is probably working as it should.

In other news: we mined an LTC block yesterday. Interesting!
PoolWaffle: balance log is broken on miners stats page.  It is only showing Bitcoin values right now, no block values.
Then I don't say a thing Wink.

Maybe have higher incomes, so exchange takes longer...
Hope that's it Smiley!
Is stale shares accepted? I see at least 2 stale shares at my end a minute.

1 block old shared are accepted. 2 blocks old are not.

Daltonganger: auto-exchange seems to be working fine.  I see no significant build up of unexchanged.
Dear Poolwaffle,

can we make the exchange more automatic? Have a lot in unexchanged. Before it was pretty quick exchanged. Don't know what happend.

Hope you can work on that Smiley. And some startup coins are looking good, but understand it's hard to get them in if their hard to exchange.

Hope you find a way to get some new (high valuable) coins in.

Greets,

Daltonganger
Jump to: