Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 294. (Read 465522 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Profitability looks great today!

Nice to see a higher hashrate, makes cracking open those doge blocks a lot quicker.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Thanks, will try it out!
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
We don't avoid any coins due to difficulty.

For high difficulty coins, it does increase variance, but overall the profitability should be fine.

For low difficulty coins (extremely fast blocks typically), we don't avoid them completely, but we don't put all of our hashing power behind the coin.  We'll switch just some of our power to that coin to avoid spiking its difficulty too quickly.
Activity: 2
The pool has been mining doge for some days without much luck (+2 unfortunate orphaned block).
My understanding is that we'll mine whatever is the most profitable coin for us. Doge or not doge. Check /r/wafflepool on reddit.com for more information on the matter.
Do you avoid profitable coins with high difficulty like dogecoin)
Thanks to all the people testing us out, profitability has been good over the past few weeks (minus an unlucky day), and hopefully continues as we add on more hash power!

The main requested feature so far is to know exactly which coin(s) we're mining.  I'll work on adding something that shows our hashrate on a per-coin basis Smiley
I've been looking for a pool that mines whatever is most profitable without worrying about how hard it is to find a block.
Are you mining dogecoin?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I switched, screw middlecoin.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I like this phenomenon of new profit switching pools popping up, the big switching pools need more competition, hell middlecoin charges higher fees then btcguild (and they merge mine namecoin at the same time while you mine btc) and yes middlecoin is good not complaining, but 3.5 % fee is a bit of a steal, but they can get away with it as long as there is no quality competition.

This. I totally agree. and assuming this pool have enough hashrate, and 1% total fee, this would be better than any other profit switching pool that automatically convert to btc.
Activity: 112
I like this phenomenon of new profit switching pools popping up, the big switching pools need more competition, hell middlecoin charges higher fees then btcguild (and they merge mine namecoin at the same time while you mine btc) and yes middlecoin is good not complaining, but 3.5 % fee is a bit of a steal, but they can get away with it as long as there is no quality competition.
Activity: 101
Hi, been mining on wafflepool for couple weeks and i agree this is better than any other pool ive seen so far!

Good job, and maybe u could post in the OP about quick overview, so ppl can read your pool advantages.
Activity: 4
We have an unofficial IRC chan for the pool set up on Freenode.  Come join us at #wafflepool if you guys can.
I've been mining with about half my hashrate pointed towards wafflepool for a few weeks now, since the public beta announcement on Reddit. (I have almost all of my hash pointed there now, with a wee bit over at trademybit for comparison and other reasons.) There were a few issues to iron out, but those have mostly been fixed or improved. Profitability has been great (sometimes a bit more than middlecoin, sometimes a bit less) as has stability. It looks to be a great alternative to middlecoin, trademybit, and multipool.

Even better, you can't beat the fees! Far better than Middlecoin!

I also like, unlike middlecoin, the use of multiple workers with seperate vardiff on the same bitcoin address (though I'd like to see stats on each worker on the site in the future).

Also, there's the fact it mines multiple coins at once and makes sure not too much hash is pointed at weak coins resulting in their utter destruction (and loss of future profit) but shares overall profit not dependant on which coin you in particular happen to be mining.

Looking forward to seeing how things improve over the next while!

There's ongoing discussion on the pool at www.reddit.com/r/wafflepool and, of course, there's right here. Smiley

Activity: 63
recommended Smiley profitability over the last few days has been very good!
Activity: 2
Hi! I've been mining on wafflepool for 2 weeks. It has turned very profitable and stable + Ridiculous fees. Great support too. You should definitely give it a try and bring the waffle to the next level ! (:
Activity: 42
Hey guys, after a few weeks of private alpha, followed by a few weeks of beta, I'm thrilled to announce http://wafflepool.com

Wafflepool automatically mines the most profitable alt-coin, converts the mined coins to BTC, and pays out daily.

To keep things as simple as possible, there is no registration, just point your miner to the pool with your BTC address as the username, and we do the rest!

Looks promising! Gotta test it!
Hey guys, after a few weeks of private alpha, followed by a few weeks of beta, I'm thrilled to announce http://wafflepool.com

Wafflepool automatically mines the most profitable alt-coin, converts the mined coins to BTC, and pays out daily.

To keep things as simple as possible, there is no registration, just point your miner to the pool with your BTC address as the username, and we do the rest!

Basic info:
Point your miner to WafflePool with your bitcoin address. Mine altcoins, get paid bitcoins
All block transaction fees are paid to miners!
Stratum for extremely low stale rate!
2% mining fee - This includes all transaction fees, and fees for converting to BTC
Miner difficulty selection
No downtime when switching between profitable coins!
No registration, just point and mine!
PPLNS rewards for mining fairness
Mine in Scrypt or Scrypt-N

Payouts are run twice daily, and automatically pay anyone with a balance of 0.005 btc.  On Sundays pay anyone with a balance of 0.0005 btc.
Payouts are not at an exact time, but are typically at Noon EST (5pm UTC).
Pages:
Jump to: