Pages:
Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 73. (Read 465674 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Miners: 6

So who's the other 5? Smiley

Thank you poolwaffle, looking forward to X11 too.

I guess I'm number 7 now ;-)

Yeah, what suchmoon said. Thanks for this. It's very cool.

Poolwaffle, where should we provide beta feedback? Should it be here in the public forum, or would you prefer PMs?

Congrats on being the third pool out with it. Maybe it will bring some other people to Scrypt-N

TMB and Coinsolver have had Scrypt-N pools for some time now.

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

I guess I'm number 7 now ;-)

Yeah, what suchmoon said. Thanks for this. It's very cool.

Poolwaffle, where should we provide beta feedback? Should it be here in the public forum, or would you prefer PMs?
legendary
Can we append worker names to the end of our BTC address, like we can with the scrypt pool? Sorry, but this wasn't clear from the beta notes.

Never mind. I just tried it and the answer of course is yes. I can see my worker name under the "nscrypt" stats.

I still don't know what difficulty to use for such a small amount of hash, so I'm using 8 for now.
legendary
A couple of quick questions regarding the Scrypt-N beta.

Can we append worker names to the end of our BTC address, like we can with the scrypt pool? Sorry, but this wasn't clear from the beta notes.

I have only have a pathetic amount of hash to point at the beta currently. I've got around 40 KH/s now, and can bring that up to around 90 KH/s later tonight. What difficulty should I use? Looks like 8 is the lowest.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
@PoolWaffle: with nscrypt, is the vs LTC rate calculated against nscrypt(n=11) MH rates?
On average nscrypt(n=11) is half the speed of nscrypt(n=10), so I presume from the small test window so far, we're actually closer to 108% LTC profitability, rather then the displayed 54%?
(Or are you doubling the value already?)

Currently the "vs LTC" rate is raw nscrypt.  So ideally that will be showing "200%" when things are up to speed.  The reason it is rediculously low today is because it didn't go live until like 3/4 of the way through the day (about 2pm EST, day ends at 8pm EST), and is calculating based on a full 24hr of LTC mining Smiley

Tomorrow (an hour from now) we'll have new stats, and should be much closer to actual.  My admin graph shows the last 3 hours (the only 3 hours) were at roughly 130%, 300%, 160% (which looks about right, and spikey due to very low hashrate) Smiley
Ahhhh... oops right, got my math backwards for a second there, heh.  That makes much more sense tho.

Going to be interesting watching the EXECoin price over the next few days.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
@PoolWaffle: with nscrypt, is the vs LTC rate calculated against nscrypt(n=11) MH rates?
On average nscrypt(n=11) is half the speed of nscrypt(n=10), so I presume from the small test window so far, we're actually closer to 108% LTC profitability, rather then the displayed 54%?

Currently the "vs LTC" rate is raw nscrypt.  So ideally that will be showing "200%" when things are up to speed.  The reason it is rediculously low today is because it didn't go live until like 3/4 of the way through the day (about 2pm EST, day ends at 8pm EST), and is calculating based on a full 24hr of LTC mining Smiley

Tomorrow (an hour from now) we'll have new stats, and should be much closer to actual.  My admin graph shows the last 3 hours (the only 3 hours) were at roughly 130%, 300%, 160% (which looks about right, and spikey due to very low hashrate) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

[snip]
If you'd like to participate in the BETA, you can go here: http://wafflepool.com/newalgos
Awesome!  Congratulations on the huge milestone in WafflePool's history, PoolWaffle.

Looks like we've already got a bit of nscrypt hashing power going, and the blocks are rolling in.

I'll move at least one of my rigs here to help test the system in a few hours (everything is leased out right now, heh).

---

Do you think you'll have 'hold-back' coins available anytime soon?  I would definitely be interested in holding at least a coin or two with these new algos.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Without further delay, I'm happy to announce Wafflepool now supports multiple algorithms.

Before you read anything more about this, please know that this is in BETA and will be in BETA for another few days.  It has been tested by me, and me alone.  Using personal rigs and rented rigs, everything looks fine.  But there may be problems, and there may be downtime.  If everything goes well in the beta, I'll make a post here, and it will be posted on the WP homepage as well.  Until then, this is a "try at your own risk" type of thing (I don't think the risk is very high, but better safe than sorry).  All stats are currently tracked separately, this means for the time-being at least, if you participate in the beta, you may be paid twice (once per algorithm) per payout.

For the beta, profits will be lower than they will be when we fully launch, this is because we are actively minimizing variables for debugging purposes.  Each of these things will be removed one at a time, to make sure everything works properly:
- We are only supporting USEast during the beta
- We are limiting the number of coins on Scrypt-N (low difficulty - so we can find a larger number of blocks for testing).
- Hashrate will be pretty low (or at least sporadic) as its only in beta, leading to more spikes in block finding.

Once everything looks good, we'll be expanding this to more algorithms (X11, possibly more), expanding it to the rest of the servers (geo-located endpoints), and adding more coins to maximize profitability.

If you'd like to participate in the BETA, you can go here: http://wafflepool.com/newalgos

Sweet!  I'll be testing out some Scrypt-N tonight when I get home.
Without further delay, I'm happy to announce Wafflepool now supports multiple algorithms.

Before you read anything more about this, please know that this is in BETA and will be in BETA for another few days.  It has been tested by me, and me alone.  Using personal rigs and rented rigs, everything looks fine.  But there may be problems, and there may be downtime.  If everything goes well in the beta, I'll make a post here, and it will be posted on the WP homepage as well.  Until then, this is a "try at your own risk" type of thing (I don't think the risk is very high, but better safe than sorry).  All stats are currently tracked separately, this means for the time-being at least, if you participate in the beta, you may be paid twice (once per algorithm) per payout.

For the beta, profits will be lower than they will be when we fully launch, this is because we are actively minimizing variables for debugging purposes.  Each of these things will be removed one at a time, to make sure everything works properly:
- We are only supporting USEast during the beta
- We are limiting the number of coins on Scrypt-N (low difficulty - so we can find a larger number of blocks for testing).
- Hashrate will be pretty low (or at least sporadic) as its only in beta, leading to more spikes in block finding.

Once everything looks good, we'll be expanding this to more algorithms (X11, possibly more), expanding it to the rest of the servers (geo-located endpoints), and adding more coins to maximize profitability.

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Hoping to see scrypt-n added to the pool.  That would be a great option for those of us who are still on gpu's and want to keep the dream alive once asic's completely overtake scrypt.
where are you averaging .006BTC/MH/day (scrypt equivalent)?
Mostly Nscrypt coins + manual trading.  Some leasing.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
where are you averaging .006BTC/MH/day (scrypt equivalent)?
Later today we'll be switching the way shifts are ended, basically no one should really notice any change, just figured I'd mention it before getting emails/posts Smiley

Awesome!  Variable shift length is nice feature addition.

Yeah, but I am using an X11 multipool (waiting for Waffle!) which pays the rates you say about .003, but
i use half the electricity, so that is a big plus in profits.
I'm averaging .006BTC/MH/day (scrypt equivalent) with nscrypt(n=11) these days (~.0125BTC/MH/day in nscrypt MH).
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Yeah, but I am using an X11 multipool (waiting for Waffle!) which pays the rates you say about .003, but
at what multipool x11 you work?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Later today we'll be switching the way shifts are ended, basically no one should really notice any change, just figured I'd mention it before getting emails/posts Smiley

We've previously closed shifts every X shares (where X is currently 200,000,000), and would change that occasionally to try to keep shifts at roughly 10min each.  But when we would have huge swings in hash rate, we'd have slow or fast shifts for a while.  Starting later today we'll be moving to static shifts which will be closed after 10min each.

This is first to just remove a small piece of dynamic stuff that I have to change every so often (one less thing to remember), and second to deal with the changes that are coming soon which will make it more of a hassle to remember/update Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Thanks for everything, WP.  Love the pool and excited to see what happens later in the week!
Does anyone on this pool still mine with GPUs? I'm assuming all the GPU miners already dumped their GPUs, or switched to another algo.

+1

Long time lurker first time poster -- I am also interested in seeing what other GPU miners are doing.. 

If the other GPU miners didn't shutdown, or keep them running with cheap/free electricity, they could be doing what I'm doing... renting them out.  While most of the multipools like Waffle and Clever have been hovering around 0.003 or lower BTC per MH/day, renting on BetaRigs or LeaseRig can yield anywhere from 0.0035 to 0.005 BTC per MH/day.  Who knows what the renters are actually mining that make the premium worth it, but it's better than the rates we've been seeing lately on the straight scrypt pools and somewhat competitive with the X11/Scrypt-N rates.

We should have an alternative as well later in the week (I hope).  Making steady progress Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: