Pages:
Author

Topic: POP QUIZ: Do you believe that BTC is the world's future money system? - page 2. (Read 4150 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
I would say yes. At least when it comes to online payments. Offline, i think we will still see cash, but maybe BTC instead of credit cards.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
I think bitcoin can be future money system, as we can see now there a lot of local store starting to accept bitcoin as payment, and a lot of transaction also done using bitcoin

From the beginning of bitcoin eraup until now, the development of bitcoin being implemented in many system has grow so fast so i am quite believe that one day all of use will use bitcoin as money
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I said YES. Of course it may take some time, actually it may take 20 years or even more but Bitcoin will be the world's money system in the future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
SkyFall
Bitcoin is already a money system. People have been using it for quite sometime now. If you mean by "future money system" as in more people will start using it in the future, then I say yes.
I just think that Bitcoin needs more commercial success, there are still people out there who don't know what Bitcoin is and they don't know about the potential and the good side about bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
I'll say YES, bitcoin has I the need to be "future money system".

Sometimes it is funny to read various post made here in bitcointalk. Like the above quoted by me. Absolutely not for him's English. I know that me myself am problematic sometimes to be understood with my English. Even not in the above level I think (I hope). But if the meaning of the above post would be "bitcoin has the need to be "future money system" and for this the poster write with capital letters a big "YES" I would want to ask him one simple "Why"? Why bitcoin has the need to be the future money system? Can you you give some argument about this your big affirmation with the big and capital letters?

You say yes with capital letters. Where do you find and base this conviction? What I don't know and you know that make you so secure in your conviction? Can you show that what your know here?

Please make post with meaning. It is not hard to put some words and to create a sentence. It is hard to give something that can make the readers to think or to encourage them to write something else affected by your posts. Bitcointalk need the lasts ones.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Technically, bitcoin is already a money system, as you call it

You can buy and pay for stuff already by using bitcoin

I'm hoping for it to become more known and commercial so that we get more demand
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
Yes for sure. But no government will accept bitcoin as it is now. The governments will want some kind of control measure over the digital currency. Or else the governments will create a digital currency of its own.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
i would say no

because lot of country do not accept bitcoin for part of the currency even in some countries use bitcoin is illegal

I agree with you. a few terrorist and corruptor make bitcoin as payment for their activity. due for that, bitcoin never be legality in universal world because bitcoin properties that can be used for money laundry which causes bitcoin is not easy to be tracked.

so I think BTC isn't really used as the world's future money system Smiley

i want to ask
how much terrorist and corruptor make bitcoin as payment for their activity compared with they are using fiat money? (cash money) ?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
It will be a long way for BTC to be the world's future money system. Banks did not implemented BTC in their paying system yet  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I agree with you. I think Bitcoin will coexist side by side normal currencies. Although it is still hard to imagine government actually allowing Bitcoin to mainstream. Unregulated nature of it can cause some issues.

I would like to go a bit deeper.

Bitcoin is essentially a descentralized trust system. What does it mean if I pay a Bitcoin to you? It means that I'm giving you a digitally-signed letter that says: "I am trusting you that you give me a product or service which, for me, has the same value as the actual price of a Bitcoin."

It isn't so much a currency, because a currency is meant to be a stable indicator of prices and for this reason it is backed by a state or another large entity.

But based on the Bitcoin/cryptocurrency system, a large part of the financial instruments needed by the economy can "go descentralized", because they are all needing this "trust" component Bitcoin provides. In many aspects this is much more efficient that the traditional banking system. Digital payments and savings accounts - basically, what Bitcoin Core provides you - are only a little part of the possible uses. Systems like the Bitcoin extension Counterparty, or "altcoins" like Nxt, Bitshares or Ethereum allow you to use cryptocurrency for other financial instruments like loans, stocks / assets, crowdfunding, and distinct types of financial contracts.

So for me it's a matter of time that these descentralized financial instruments increase the market share in the financial world. I don't know if it will replace it, but I am pretty sure cryptocurrencies will play a major role in 5-10 years, and it is useless that governments take action against it (they should even embrace it, if not autocratic).

It is possible, however, that in 30-50 years cryptocurrencies will be obsolete again.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I think Bitcoin can and will be a great alternative to fiat currency. Which it basically is already. For me there is no reason for Bitcoin to replace any kind of fiat currency. It will succeed anyway.

The idea of bitcoin itself is for digital currency which decentralized and open source, not for replace any kind of fiat currency.

It's too far away to say bitcoin can replace any of local currencies / fiat currency / be the world future money system.

I agree with you. I think Bitcoin will coexist side by side normal currencies. Although it is still hard to imagine government actually allowing Bitcoin to mainstream. Unregulated nature of it can cause some issues.
Activity: 370
Forza Italia
I really can't say, but to be honest I feel it's no probably cause it'd take a lot of countries to accept Bitcoin without having legal doubts and taxation uncertainties. Bitcoin started as an experiment and has grown far from it initially was and I believe it'll be a good asset to invest in for a long term, similar to what gold is today or probably better as time goes by. It would involve a lot of turnaround for it to be substituted completely to a countries fiat currency.

You're right, I don't think the bitcoin will be accepted worldwide, hell it's not even accepted right now in Russia

Even if this does happen, it will take year and years, I'll probably be dead by then

Activity: 616
Merit: 603
I really can't say, but to be honest I feel it's no probably cause it'd take a lot of countries to accept Bitcoin without having legal doubts and taxation uncertainties. Bitcoin started as an experiment and has grown far from it initially was and I believe it'll be a good asset to invest in for a long term, similar to what gold is today or probably better as time goes by. It would involve a lot of turnaround for it to be substituted completely to a countries fiat currency.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
I don't know if Bitcoin will the one and only cryptocurrency of the future but I know for sure that someday we will switch to fully digital forms of payment, and even more.
We won't see this probably during our lifetime as I can see behind the scenes of world bank, but it is meant to happen. FIAT will fall and Bitcoin will be there to take over.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Activity: 210
Honestly the deflationary aspect of bitcoin is untested. Assuming your currency is deflating, won't one just wait until the price is cheaper before making a purchase? This incentives people to hoard rather than use it as a currency. 
Activity: 168
I think Bitcoin can and will be a great alternative to fiat currency. Which it basically is already. For me there is no reason for Bitcoin to replace any kind of fiat currency. It will succeed anyway.

The idea of bitcoin itself is for digital currency which decentralized and open source, not for replace any kind of fiat currency.

It's too far away to say bitcoin can replace any of local currencies / fiat currency / be the world future money system.
Activity: 326
Well yeah I hope so it will be nice if I go to my work and get BTC xD

It will be awesome I think if that happends.
Activity: 350
I say yes but it will probably be years for even a quarter of the population to adapt to btc

don't think this will happen any time soon

it'll be nice to see this happen  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Pages:
Jump to: